Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250325 times)

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4680 on: April 20, 2012, 08:24:33 AM »
I really have no idea what's going on with the non-painting.  That's an odd one, and I second the recommendation to reset.  However...
According to the rules, you may just have to start over again.  I could be misinterpreting this, or it could have changed, but it looks like the portrait had to be completed before your founder aged up.  You should get a ruling from Metro just to be sure.  Sorry!

Thanks for pointing that part of the rule I forgot that part. Her birthday surprised me when I realized she didn't do her portrait, too busy trying to find special seeds.

He still wouldn't finish the portrait so I started over and as soon as the husband maxed painting got her portrait. :D

@bluebelle — if you are trying for the HOF you will need to restart and make sure the YA portrait is finished before your founder ages up to A. Sorry. :(

Thanks, I'm still trying for the HOF hopefully. :D

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4681 on: April 20, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
@Pam - Yes! This is why I was very stressed out, my first Immortal? She didn't go NEAR the painting room at all when I was supermaxing her, now after she was made immortal and I was working on her daughter who was /supposed/ to supermax Painting? Everytime I was working on the daughter...the mother would be painting...and before I knew it she was at 9 and I was just facedesking. So much. I learned how to lock doors.

Now I just have to figure out how to get best friend made before they die...my family seems to love to befriend /old people/.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4682 on: April 20, 2012, 01:33:42 PM »
It sounds creepy, but stalk the schoolchildren.

Teens are out at 2, children at 3.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #4683 on: April 20, 2012, 10:11:09 PM »
Everytime I was working on the daughter...the mother would be painting...and before I knew it she was at 9 and I was just facedesking. So much. I learned how to lock doors.

An easier way to fix this is to have your painter immortal paint something but don't sell it or take it off of the easel. Sims can't paint if there's a finished painting already on the easel. If the painting is unfinished then only the one who started the painting can paint on that easel.

Whenever I paint someone's portrait, I have that painter immortal start another painting so that no one else in the house can paint.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4684 on: April 21, 2012, 12:51:43 AM »
Now I just have to figure out how to get best friend made before they die...my family seems to love to befriend /old people/.

My strategy was to wait and have my Immortal learn the Charisma skill.  By the time she maxed Charisma, she could make a best friend upon introduction.  There's really no need to worry with the friends requirement early in the life of the Immortal.  They could die or move away before it's time.  Just don't wait too long! 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ashel Veh

• Llama Wrangler
  • "What is a Weekend?"
« Reply #4685 on: April 21, 2012, 09:05:53 AM »
I'm getting ready to give this challenge a whirl, and as such I started to place the EA created lots in Sunset Valley that aren't auto-placed for you (and free up the dynasty lot).  I noticed that several of the lots that are pre-placed - the junkyard, consignment shop, etc. - are placed on lots that are significantly larger than they need.  Are we allowed to place the appropriate sized lots and move these features to them so as to free up the larger lots they are auto placed on?  Also, are we allowed to nix places like Recurve Strand, which, as far as I can tell, has no useful purpose, and place a useful lot there (ie: pet park, etc.)?

Thanks!

- Ashel Veh

AdnaanA

« Reply #4686 on: April 21, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »
Yes u can free up the dynasty lot. I don't know about recruve stand though

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4687 on: April 21, 2012, 09:55:05 AM »
Also, are we allowed to nix places like Recurve Strand, which, as far as I can tell, has no useful purpose, and place a useful lot there (ie: pet park, etc.)?

That would be a use of Edit Town not covered in the rules. Sorry.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4688 on: April 21, 2012, 10:00:57 AM »
Metro is it okay if I skip the potion challenge for logic because no1: even though I have gen I can't find the the potion table ( looking in study section everywhere)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4689 on: April 21, 2012, 10:07:42 AM »
All challenges need to be complete for a skill to be supermaxed.  This includes the potions for logic.  My founder just did this without any issues.

To find the chemistry table, go into buy mode.  Go to the study and then hit the button for Hobbies & Skills.  It looks like an easel.  The cost of the chemistry table is around §1000.  So I would go through the list and start looking there.  It doesn't look like much.  The picture is of a table and depending on graphics you may or may not see the beakers on top of it.   It also has some jugs to the side of the surface.

Picture to show you:
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4690 on: April 21, 2012, 12:12:06 PM »
Alright...let me share something new I learned and make sure folks really realize this because maybe I just figured this out. 1. Birthday Cakes catch on fire! Since when did this happen? Am I just slow? 2. People can catch on fire from their birthday cake! - And finally 3. When you have somebody put out a fire and a person catches on fire, you have to make sure you choose the option to put out the /sim/ not just extinguish the flames. Because yes, you will put out the fire but poor Skippy who's on fire...continues to burn and die.  - This effects your Dynasty alot however...I was wondering...as long as it isn't the Immortal who dies or one of the heirs...its technically okay right? Just depressing.

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #4691 on: April 21, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
Alright...let me share something new I learned and make sure folks really realize this because maybe I just figured this out. 1. Birthday Cakes catch on fire! Since when did this happen? Am I just slow? 2. People can catch on fire from their birthday cake! - And finally 3. When you have somebody put out a fire and a person catches on fire, you have to make sure you choose the option to put out the /sim/ not just extinguish the flames. Because yes, you will put out the fire but poor Skippy who's on fire...continues to burn and die.  - This effects your Dynasty alot however...I was wondering...as long as it isn't the Immortal who dies or one of the heirs...its technically okay right? Just depressing.

1. Yes. Birthday cakes catch fire. It's happened to me quite often. I'm not sure when it happened to me first time, but some months ago at least.
2.Yes Sims catch on fire. This has happened to me once.
3. As you rightly put it...the Sims only extinguish the flames. My sim kept on burning...if I remember correctly I had my Sim dash for the shower which was close by. He was ok after the shower and luckily his mood was high at the time. That probably saved him as well.
Sorry about your Sim   :'(

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #4692 on: April 21, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »
If you are worried about a fire ending your dynasty, there is a Lifetime Reward called 'Fireproof Homestead' that guarantees your lot is fireproof. It costs 30,000 LTHP and came with Ambitions. Give it to one of your immortals (not a mortal), because it is effective as long as your sim is alive.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4693 on: April 21, 2012, 01:54:27 PM »
This effects your Dynasty alot however...I was wondering...as long as it isn't the Immortal who dies or one of the heirs...its technically okay right? Just depressing.

Hi Simsissy,

If it is not an immortal, I am sure you can go on with your Dynasty.
Yep, I found it in the rules here:

• No Sim can be moved out. All household members are to live a full and natural life and their eventual death can never be expedited (intentional killing).
  • If a non-immortal dies accidentally (electric shock, fire, etc) you are free to continue playing the challenge.

I am gonna give this dynasty challenge another try, wish me luck ;)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #4694 on: April 22, 2012, 02:47:12 AM »
I deleted in SV the horse ranch thingie, is that ok? I did it to be the dynasty lot. Please say I don't have to start over, I'm sooooooooooooooo close to Violet becoming immortal!