Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250621 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4665 on: April 19, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »
Just remember -- No immortal can max a skill that another immortal has supermaxed as part of his immortality requirements.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4666 on: April 19, 2012, 10:31:12 AM »
This means...that if Sim A supermaxes (completes all the skill challenges) for art...and becomes immortal...that Sim B cannot supermax art as well, however if a sim reaches level 10 in Art somehow but never supermaxes it just happens to reach 10 somehow...you haven't failed the challenge have you?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4667 on: April 19, 2012, 10:43:57 AM »
If Immortal A supermaxes Painting as part of their unique skill and then Immortal B maxes (as in reaches level 10) painting, yes you have failed. 

Supermax skills are to be unique which means no other immortal is allowed to max out that skill.  If it gets maxed out, then it's a fail because the skill is no longer unique to just one immortal.   

Mortals (Sims not destined for immortality) can max and supermax any skills they want.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4668 on: April 19, 2012, 12:09:47 PM »
Okay, now I'm very very confused...Are we trying to have unique SuperMaxed skills...or unique Maxed skills?  I thought every Immortal was supposed to have a unique /supermaxed/ skill.  If its...unique Maxed skills as well then...maybe I am destined failed because I've had one that supermaxed Cooking and then another that supermaxed Painting...so that means the Cooker should never max Painting and the Painter should never max Cooking...that's correct? Or maybe just never have anybody supermax Painting....cuz it seems like all sims like to paint.

Maybe I got it all wrong, I thought the challenge was in the supermaxing but now it seems to be in the maxing as well...I apologize for all the questions its just I'm just really close to just locking my immortals away (put 'em in a room with basic necessities, lock them up with no door, only let them out every blue moon to eat ambrosia) out of paranoia of messing up the entire challenge I've worked so hard on...*holds head*

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4669 on: April 19, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »

• 3. Max a skill not maxed by other immortals. Plus, all related skill challenges from the Skill Journal must also be accomplished. This is the single "SuperMax" skill that must be unique to each immortal. If Immortal A chooses Fishing for his SuperMax skill then Immortal B could only get to skill level 9 of Fishing and would then need to stop. If Immortal B accidentally maxed Fishing and Immortal A had not eaten Ambrosia yet, then hopefully there would still be time for Immortal A to SuperMax a different skill. Immortals (and mortals) may max/SuperMax more than one skill, as long as their one SuperMax skill they claim for eating Ambrosia is unique.

It's about supermaxing a unique skill which means no one else can max that skill.

To supermax a skill you complete all the skill journal challenges plus reach level 10.
To max a skill you reach level 10.

Alex, Betty, Charlie and David are all immortals. The next immortal to be is Edward.

Alex supermaxed cooking to become immortal.  He has level 10 cooking and level 10 gardening.
Betty supermaxed painting to become immortal.  She has level 10 painting and level 10 sculpting.
Charlie supermaxed fishing to become immortal.  He has level 10 fishing and level 3 cooking.
David supermaxed logic to become immortal.  He has level 10 logic and level 4 writing.

This dynasty would fail if Edward chose gardening or sculpting as a supermax because another immortal has it maxed.   If Charlie maxed cooking, he would cause the dynasty to fail because it was Alex's supermax.

To continue the thought - Edward chose athletic.  Then came along Francis who chose handiness and Georgia who did writing.   

This means for the last immortal, Harry, the following skills are not available to supermax or max at all: cooking, gardening, painting, sculpting, fishing, logic, writing, handiness and athletic.   He has to choose something else and avoid getting any higher than 10 in any of the above skills.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4670 on: April 19, 2012, 12:51:24 PM »
Okay! Just so I know before moving forward:

If Betty chooses to supermax cooking: She can have 10 in cooking and 10 in charisma
Then Elizabeth could choose to supermax logic: She could have 10 in logic and 10 in handiness
However little Tommy, his supermax could be something like writing: He could have 10 in writing and 10 in handiness
 He could not however, choose to supermax charisma, cuz Betty has already done that. He could max charisma sure, but charisma would never be a supermaxible skill!

I got it! Thank you ever so much! Can you change your choice of supermax skill if the sim hasn't become immortal yet?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4671 on: April 19, 2012, 12:53:15 PM »
Yes.  Some dynasties have had to change supermax skills and careers all at the last minute to save the game.   It can be nailbiting so it's generally a good idea to know from the beginning.   Just be aware of the ones that can cause problems.

You cannot change the supermax after immortality though. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4672 on: April 19, 2012, 12:58:20 PM »
Thank you so so so so so very much! I think you may have rescued my dynasty!

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4673 on: April 19, 2012, 01:13:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum :)

Nope, if you look at the HOF entries, there is at least one who didn't write a story, and I am fairly sure there is also a second.

Thanks!

My founder was getting her YA portrait done and she aged up the next day, now her husband can't complete her YA portrait. Is this a bug or is it because she aged up? He was able to finish a normal painting but everytime he goes to her portrait he does one brushstroke then stops.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4674 on: April 19, 2012, 02:12:37 PM »
Try resetting your founder's spouse. There shouldn't be an issue with completing the portrait just because she's aged up.

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4675 on: April 19, 2012, 02:29:28 PM »
Try resetting your founder's spouse. There shouldn't be an issue with completing the portrait just because she's aged up.

Thanks, I'm going to try that next. I really hope it works and I won't have to start over again.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4676 on: April 19, 2012, 04:27:19 PM »
I hope so too!

(If it's any consolation, at least it's the founder and not generation 7 or 8?  :-\)

Offline Ashel Veh

• Llama Wrangler
  • "What is a Weekend?"
« Reply #4677 on: April 19, 2012, 07:26:23 PM »
    Thanks!

My founder was getting her YA portrait done and she aged up the next day, now her husband can't complete her YA portrait. Is this a bug or is it because she aged up? He was able to finish a normal painting but everytime he goes to her portrait he does one brushstroke then stops.

I really have no idea what's going on with the non-painting.  That's an odd one, and I second the recommendation to reset.  However...

Thanks, I'm going to try that next. I really hope it works and I won't have to start over again.

• 8. With the exception of your Founder, each immortal needs to have 6 portraits painted of themselves — one for each of the following life stages: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder. Make sure you are doing the proper interaction and have a painter choose Paint a Portrat Of...and not your immortal choosing Self Portrait. These are the sole items for your Immortals’ Museum. Your Founder needs to have Young Adult, Adult, and Elder portraits added to the museum before eating Ambrosia. Once placed in the museum, paintings cannot be replaced with new paintings of the same immortal.  Optional: Photographs and/or ice sculptures of each immortal at the same life stages may be included in the museum if expansion packs are being used. The subject of the photo needs to correctly register as the immortal (My Spouse, My Child, Superstar, etc) and not something else like a building or object. Each of the stages’ pieces need to be added to the museum before an immortal would age up to the next stage. Only one portrait, photo, and ice sculpture per stage is allowed to be put in the museum. Again, photos and ice sculptures are purely optional.

According to the rules, you may just have to start over again.  I could be misinterpreting this, or it could have changed, but it looks like the portrait had to be completed before your founder aged up.  You should get a ruling from Metro just to be sure.  Sorry!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
    • Forum Founder and Friend
    • Watcher
    « Reply #4678 on: April 20, 2012, 02:47:56 AM »
    I apologize for all the questions its just I'm just really close to just locking my immortals away (put 'em in a room with basic necessities, lock them up with no door, only let them out every blue moon to eat ambrosia) out of paranoia of messing up the entire challenge I've worked so hard on...*holds head*

I know you've got this all sorted out now, but I just want to add a little something.  It is indeed challenging to keep your Immortals from reaching level 10 on SuperMaxed skills.  I remember how my Banana Dreamweaver was always sneaking to the pool and swimming, which increased her athletic skill.  It had been SuperMaxed a couple of generations earlier.  I ended up putting a fence and gate around the pool and locking it so she couldn't jump in when I wasn't looking!  It's also a good idea to just set your immortals to doing something fun all day, like watching television, playing video games, etc.  They'll stay with that one activity until you have them stop to eat or sleep.  By doing this, they will be having fun and staying out of your hair while you focus on the Sim who has to work on the Ambrosia requirements.
    Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
    Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
    Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
    Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
    • Administrator
    • Watcher
    « Reply #4679 on: April 20, 2012, 05:37:21 AM »
    @bluebelle — if you are trying for the HOF you will need to restart and make sure the YA portrait is finished before your founder ages up to A. Sorry. :(

anything