Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250558 times)

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4650 on: April 18, 2012, 05:38:19 AM »
Silly question, but will ambrosia still work on my first immortal, despite her being vegetarian? Just curious. :)

I don't see why not. I thought vegetarians could eat fish dishes?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4651 on: April 18, 2012, 07:38:02 AM »
Silly question, but will ambrosia still work on my first immortal, despite her being vegetarian? Just curious. :)

It will work as intended for all Sims who eat it.  As to if she will get sick after eating it, I guess you'll find out soon huh? :D
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4652 on: April 18, 2012, 09:03:06 AM »
Once you've purchased a property or building area? Are you allowed to rename it during the dynasty challenge? Or should you retain the original neighborhood name? - Also, how do others gets over that 'omg too many people' phobia that starts to develop when you get to generation 3 or 4?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4653 on: April 18, 2012, 10:01:21 AM »
Yes you can rename the buildings and property to anything you like at any point in the dynasty.

As for the getting over having a lot of people, if you have elders that don't really do much that are into their immortality.   Depending on their skills, you can have them retire and just do something that will take all day.   Or what I did in my steel dynasty was have them play video games all day.   If they're doing something like that, you don't really need to check on them very often so you can concentrate on the ones who aren't old and immortal.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4654 on: April 18, 2012, 10:19:36 AM »
Thank you for the feedback. I have this paranoia that one of my old people are gonna accidentally die because I forget to have them eat their ambrosia...so I keep watching everybody like a crazy person.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4655 on: April 18, 2012, 10:49:28 AM »
Once my immortals reach immortal status - I have them all eat ambrosia on the same day.  Then I know it's time for them to eat it again when the divine meal moodlet goes away.  It has a 7 day duration and it keeps them happy.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4656 on: April 18, 2012, 03:05:39 PM »
I too have lost paintings that way. What I do is use a non-important painting to "test" the walls before hanging the important painting. I've saved myself alot of stress this way!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #4657 on: April 18, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »
If you have two and you're worried, keep them both until you get to the end of the challenge (8th gen's immortality).  Then count only one of them towards your museum total.

Thanx. I will do so. :)

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #4658 on: April 18, 2012, 03:31:05 PM »
Once you've purchased a property or building area? Are you allowed to rename it during the dynasty challenge? Or should you retain the original neighborhood name? - Also, how do others gets over that 'omg too many people' phobia that starts to develop when you get to generation 3 or 4?

I have my elders read books or play video games. My gardener tends to the money trees which keeps her busy all day. For the most though, they keep themselves busy with whatever, but I do keep a close watch though.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #4659 on: April 18, 2012, 06:16:52 PM »
If an immortal candidate SuperMaxes a skill, no other immortal candidate can even max the skill.  If another made it to level 10, it would invalidate that skill for the first immortal who SuperMaxed it.

That's kind of what I thought it was. It's too bad that way, especially if you end up needing two painters because one's really busy, or something. ....Does it count if said immortal is already an immortal by the time another immortal-to-be maxes a skill?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4660 on: April 18, 2012, 06:25:42 PM »
If an immortal has become an immortal based on a supermax skill and then you purposefully max it on another toon, you are literally taking away the other person's immortality and then failing the challenge.

The supermax skill must not be maxed by any other immortals during the entire 8 generations.    There are more than enough skills to go around.  If you're worried about one of the immortals being too busy to paint then don't make that a supermax.  Make their supermax something else and just leave painting for everyone.

None of my immortals are ever busy once they become immortals.  I usually retire them so that there is no time machine screw ups and money isn't an issue by generation 3 so I just have them play video games or work on the skill that was their supermax.   Immortals don't have to lead productive lives.  I think expecting that to be so may make things harder on yourself as you get closer to the end of the challenge.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4661 on: April 18, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »
That's kind of what I thought it was. It's too bad that way, especially if you end up needing two painters because one's really busy, or something. ....Does it count if said immortal is already an immortal by the time another immortal-to-be maxes a skill?
I would recommend to not get stuck in a mindset that only immortals can do anything. The mortals (spouses, spares) can max a skill without penalty. I believe the best example of this is Sam Sekemoto in Katluvr's Starr Immortal Dynasty - if memory serves, he maxed something like 5 skills.

If you think you'll need 2 painters, make one of them mortal. The only time there should be any overlap would be whoever is painting the portraits for the immortal painter.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4662 on: April 19, 2012, 08:21:29 AM »
Just to double check, super max does mean when you max out all the challenges of a skill, not just if you reach 10 in that particular skill...correct?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4663 on: April 19, 2012, 08:24:32 AM »
To supermax a skill you complete all the skill journal challenges plus reach level 10.
To max a skill you reach level 10.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4664 on: April 19, 2012, 08:41:09 AM »
Thank goodness. I just needed to doublecheck. It is very easy for elders to reach 10 in skills but the supermax thing is something you have to consciously work at so I think this is what helps keep it all separated for me personally.