Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250583 times)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4635 on: April 17, 2012, 07:15:48 AM »
Metro, I can vouch that this is a genuine bug in the game.  I've lost several paintings the way geekchic describes.  I'd put it on the wall and it would just disappear, never to be found again.  (Geekchic, double check on the other side of the wall to see if it went there.) 

I had this too once! Very annoying, especially when you don't/barely have enough time to make another painting.
I remember though that I got the painting back somehow... -think think think-

Oh yes, maybe I saved and restarted my game first, I am not sure about that. But when I wanted to make a new painting I couldn't because I got options on the easel as if there was a painting there (invisible then ???). So I let my painter pick it up and there it was in her inventory. Now I could put it on the wall, but I remember that it looked weird or something. Empty maybe. I could sell it though, so I believe that is what I did. (after I made another painting first, to make sure I had one)

I don't know if this may help you in any way Geekchic, but maybe if you have just moved it from the easel it is still there (invisible, but there). Maybe it even turns visible somehow.
Wish I could help you more! Good luck!
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Isa

« Reply #4636 on: April 17, 2012, 07:27:35 AM »
The same thing happened when I placed the adult portrait for my founder!
 It only seems to happen to me when I'm placing the paintings directly from my inventory, and after I had placed it on the wall I couldn't put anything else in that spot as if it was there. It's a weird and depressing glitch. I lost one of my favorite portraits. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4637 on: April 17, 2012, 11:33:21 AM »
Ugh.  Just ignore what I said earlier.  I was too tired to be answering questions coherently.  Sorry, AdnaanA.
It's okay pam, everyone makes mistakes, even the perfect people

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #4638 on: April 17, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »
Metro, I can vouch that this is a genuine bug in the game.  I've lost several paintings the way geekchic describes.  I'd put it on the wall and it would just disappear, never to be found again.  (Geekchic, double check on the other side of the wall to see if it went there.)

When my 3rd generation was a child, her painting also disappeared off the wall. I painted another, but when I wanted to place it (where the previous had been hanging), it was as if it was still hanging, but invisible. I placed the new painting on the next available spot on the wall. Since then I've been checking my wall constantly for more disappearing paintings.
I am now on my 8th generation who has just become a young adult. I put his painting on the wall... and lo and behold my 3rd gen. painting had re-appeared!!
What do I do now? since I now have two. I am afraid to sell one of the paintings in case it disappears again and I am so close in finishing!!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4639 on: April 17, 2012, 02:05:45 PM »
The one way I've found to combat the disappearing paintings is, once the painting is done, go into Buy mode, drag it directly from the easel to the family inventory, and then place it. That way, if it disappears, you can do a ctrl+z, and try again.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4640 on: April 17, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »
When my 3rd generation was a child, her painting also disappeared off the wall. I painted another, but when I wanted to place it (where the previous had been hanging), it was as if it was still hanging, but invisible. I placed the new painting on the next available spot on the wall. Since then I've been checking my wall constantly for more disappearing paintings.
I am now on my 8th generation who has just become a young adult. I put his painting on the wall... and lo and behold my 3rd gen. painting had re-appeared!!
What do I do now? since I now have two. I am afraid to sell one of the paintings in case it disappears again and I am so close in finishing!!

I believe you should keep the painting that you painted and placed in the museum first.
My experience is that even if the painting is invisible, it beholds its value. Therefor it doesn't matter for the value of your museum wether it is invisible or not. Placing two paintings on the otherhand (invisible or not) adds to the value, which seems incorrect to me.
Also, since you really have painted the painting (invisible or not), you have completed that task of the challenge.
If I understand it correctly you don't have to worry about it.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #4641 on: April 17, 2012, 02:46:51 PM »
Soooo......here's what I was thinking.

1. Create the founder, YA, female.
1.2 Create two other male YAs and drop them in town. Can I marry my founder to either one of these and have the other move in?

2. How does it make sense that none of your other immortals can max a skill that another has maxed? What if I want two immortals that can paint? If one's busy doing something, the other can paint a picture....In some ways, it's inevitable that the immortal that hasn't maxed the painting skill, will max it. Also, with a LTW like Da Vinci's Descendant, or whatever it is....you ned to max three skills, which can automatically push those out of the running for the other immortals, and narrows the skills available.

3. Oh - another thing I was thinkin, was create the founder and her future hubby and roomie as children, and make them bffs all throughout childhood and teenhood, with her dating her future hubby, and asking him to marry her when they hit YA. Possible? Or no?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4642 on: April 17, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »
Soooo......here's what I was thinking.

1. Create the founder, YA, female.
1.2 Create two other male YAs and drop them in town. Can I marry my founder to either one of these and have the other move in?

2. How does it make sense that none of your other immortals can max a skill that another has maxed? What if I want two immortals that can paint? If one's busy doing something, the other can paint a picture....In some ways, it's inevitable that the immortal that hasn't maxed the painting skill, will max it. Also, with a LTW like Da Vinci's Descendant, or whatever it is....you ned to max three skills, which can automatically push those out of the running for the other immortals, and narrows the skills available.

3. Oh - another thing I was thinkin, was create the founder and her future hubby and roomie as children, and make them bffs all throughout childhood and teenhood, with her dating her future hubby, and asking him to marry her when they hit YA. Possible? Or no?

You are not allowed to add any other Sims to the town. The only Sim you can create yourself is your founder.

They can Max the same skills they are just not allowed to supermax(max a skill plus all skill challenges) the same skills. So if you want all your Sims to max painting go ahead you just cannot use painting as supermax skill. So Da Vinci's descendant is totally achievable but it is probably best to go for another LTW so as not to use up skills on just one person.

You could do that but would not be eligible for the hall of fame. If you want to do it you could move in another Sim at the begining of the game,a friend not a spouse,they could have a child and your second generation and their hubby to be could grow up together.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4643 on: April 17, 2012, 03:03:24 PM »

If you have two and you're worried, keep them both until you get to the end of the challenge (8th gen's immortality).  Then count only one of them towards your museum total. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #4644 on: April 17, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »

I searched the WHOLE house. :( It wasn't anywhere, I figured it had to be a glitch. I did have it in my inventory, so perhaps that was the issue? Also, Violet's portrait was stored in the inventory too... but that never happened. So odd. Thanks metro, phew.

Offline Kai Heilos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4645 on: April 17, 2012, 03:58:25 PM »
I've had the dissapearing picture glitch before. When it happened to me I had the Painting in my sims inventory and had just come out of buy mode, then I dragged it to the wall and it vanished. Luckily I had a save from just a few minutes ago and reloaded then tried again, the same thing happened. I couldn't move the image to family inventory as it was already in my sims inventory so I swapped it to another sims inventory and then hung it on the wall from there, that seemed to work.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #4646 on: April 17, 2012, 08:03:58 PM »
Silly question, but will ambrosia still work on my first immortal, despite her being vegetarian? Just curious. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4647 on: April 17, 2012, 10:40:56 PM »
I've had the dissapearing picture glitch before. When it happened to me I had the Painting in my sims inventory and had just come out of buy mode, then I dragged it to the wall and it vanished. Luckily I had a save from just a few minutes ago and reloaded then tried again, the same thing happened. I couldn't move the image to family inventory as it was already in my sims inventory so I swapped it to another sims inventory and then hung it on the wall from there, that seemed to work.

If this ever happens again, the best thing to do is to also try moveObjects on as well.  It's an allowed cheat and you can place the picture anywhere even in the middle of a room.  I tend to do that and then go into buy mode and move the picture to the wall.  Then if it causes problems, I will just hit the undo button and try again after a game restart.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #4648 on: April 17, 2012, 11:59:18 PM »
The picture reappeared when I went to play today.  :o

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4649 on: April 18, 2012, 04:45:48 AM »
They can Max the same skills they are just not allowed to supermax(max a skill plus all skill challenges) the same skills. So if you want all your Sims to max painting go ahead you just cannot use painting as supermax skill. So Da Vinci's descendant is totally achievable but it is probably best to go for another LTW so as not to use up skills on just one person.

If an immortal candidate SuperMaxes a skill, no other immortal candidate can even max the skill.  If another made it to level 10, it would invalidate that skill for the first immortal who SuperMaxed it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."