Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250563 times)

Offline FrostFlower

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4605 on: April 14, 2012, 05:32:58 PM »
I've been gone both from the Sims and from the forum for awhile due mostly to computer issues. But I've wanted to try a dynasty for some time, and once the new computer is up and running I'd like to give it a go.

I've read or skimmed most of the thread and have seen bits and pieces on various towns and their pros and cons, but I'd like to ask advice on choosing a town. What are some of the positives and negatives of each town? Are certain towns more or less likely to cause crashing or lagging? I'm aware I'll have an enormous file should I be fortunate enough to make it to the end, but I'd like to not shoot myself in the foot by picking one that's known to be particularly problematic.

Thanks in advance for any help or information. :)

Offline Kai Heilos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4606 on: April 14, 2012, 05:37:47 PM »
Are you keeping the photos in the digital frames?  Because they don't appreciate in value if they're in the digital frames.
I take the photo with my sim, click on the camera and select View Photos then pull the one I want into his inventory. From there I drag it onto the wall and leave it. Other than the 930 increase from the sims death they don't seem to be going up in value at all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4607 on: April 14, 2012, 05:41:56 PM »
Have you restarted the game and cleared your cache files?

Yes still there! Dont have any other Backup!!!! ARGH! Do I have to START UP? Chris, A VAMPIRE!!!
-------------
Okay, I've calmed down, but which idiot would give Chris a bite?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4608 on: April 14, 2012, 06:05:47 PM »
First of all, welcome to the forum. :)

I've read or skimmed most of the thread and have seen bits and pieces on various towns and their pros and cons, but I'd like to ask advice on choosing a town. What are some of the positives and negatives of each town? Are certain towns more or less likely to cause crashing or lagging? I'm aware I'll have an enormous file should I be fortunate enough to make it to the end, but I'd like to not shoot myself in the foot by picking one that's known to be particularly problematic.

First of all, Sunset Valley is home to both Mr. Highly Desirable Dynasty Mate (Christopher Steel) and Agnes Crumplebottom, who has Level 7 Painting and a Bwan Speedster worth about $85,000. I don't really know about Downsides for it.
Twinbrook's Sims are kind of... questionable. They're not always a good-looking bunch, but some of them are quite rich (like DeAndre Wolfe).
Bridgeport's hard to travel in sometimes, and can be kind of laggy depending on your Graphics Settings. There are also celebrities EVERYWHERE who you need to impress before you can say Hi to them.
Barnacle Bay is a good choice - the Coastal household has Life Fruit in their backyard.
I can't give advice on the other Store towns, as I don't have them.
Union Cove is highly laggy on a lower end computer (and some higher end computers) on high graphics, so I'd tend to avoid doing a Dynasty there.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4609 on: April 14, 2012, 06:16:39 PM »
Does anybody know any desirable sims in Twinbrook and UC? Since I've been having "vampire problems" with my Forest dynasty I want to do a dynasty in either of these towns.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4610 on: April 14, 2012, 07:47:02 PM »
I've been gone both from the Sims and from the forum for awhile due mostly to computer issues. But I've wanted to try a dynasty for some time, and once the new computer is up and running I'd like to give it a go.

My advice is to pick a town that you know and love.  One that you won't have to search for answers on where to get things when you're in a crunch for setting up your first immortal.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #4611 on: April 14, 2012, 10:32:35 PM »

If you're worried about crashing or lagging, then the towns you should outright avoid are Bridgeport, Hidden Springs, and Union Cove. The dynasty file is going to be pretty big later on and it's going to take forever to load, save, and even exit the game. I do my attempts in Sunset Valley personally so I can make full use of Agnes Crumplebottom.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #4612 on: April 14, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »
I take the photo with my sim, click on the camera and select View Photos then pull the one I want into his inventory. From there I drag it onto the wall and leave it. Other than the 930 increase from the sims death they don't seem to be going up in value at all.

Hmm, because I seem to remember my photos appreciating in inventory.

I'll check it out, too, since I'm currently working on a Photographer Sim. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4613 on: April 15, 2012, 03:29:54 AM »
I have a (former) vampire spouse but when I gave him the potion, he still had 98 days till aging to adult? Help? Is my dynasty failed?

If you brought him into the house before he changed to a normal Sim, you've already failed the Dynasty.  It sounds like maybe you did because you could see the days until he ages to adult.  Check this rule:

Vampires, mummies, SimBots, and Genies are not allowed in your household, but anyone else may be a household member including Imaginary Friends, ghosts, and pets.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4614 on: April 15, 2012, 04:59:54 AM »

Sunset Valley is your safest choice, it's the least laggy and least problematic Town. However it's the most common and most boring to many people as most of our games have been played there. Riverview, it's okay I guess but I don't know, there have been a few running Dynasties there but it's not the most popular town. Twinbrook is quite a safe choice but you sacrifice beauty and good looking sims. Bridgeport has a lot of rich Sims and all the clubs pre-placed but it does have lag and bugs from the stuck sims. Appaloosa Plains seems a safe choice as well but it's not the most exiting place in the Sim World. Starlight Shores is a good town, I'm playing in it, plenty of rich sims around and a decent layout really I think.

Avoid Hidden Springs. I got severe lag at Generation Three's Birth. I had to end my Dynasty from it. I don't own Barnacle Bay or Lunar Lakes so I can't advise on that. Union Cove is naturally the most suitable town you could choose from however it is also the biggest and most likely laggiest around with already long loading times. I love it but then I am biased to it.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

AdnaanA

« Reply #4615 on: April 15, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
If you brought him into the house before he changed to a normal Sim, you've already failed the Dynasty.  It sounds like maybe you did because you could see the days until he age  to adult.  Check this rule:
Did not metro just say a couple of days ago that I could give him the potion if I did not have an warier save? Or am I just making something up

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4616 on: April 15, 2012, 10:54:13 AM »
Yes Metro did agree to you changing him from a vampire because you were unaware that he had been bitten before you married him into the family. He was a normal Sim when he married into the family.
 If I recall correctly he changed to vamp just after he arrived in the family. Pam,there was discussion about it on the previous page.

As for your continuing problem I don't know what to advise I have never turned a vamp into a normal Sim so I have no idea if their ages go back to normal. I hope someone else can help you.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4617 on: April 15, 2012, 11:17:21 AM »
Their lives are supposed to go back to normal.  I would double check your age settings again.  Maybe even changing them to short, saving,exiting, restarting and then changing them to normal to see if they go back to where they are supposed to be.   Otherwise, you make it sound like you're only on the third day or so - wouldn't it be possible to start over very easily instead of going through all of this work?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4618 on: April 15, 2012, 12:40:29 PM »
I am having a couple of bugs with my immortal dynasty game file. The first problem is not a game breaker but I am just curious if anyone else is experiencing it. My founder and her husband are no longer married and I know for sure that I never broke them up. She is also no longer recognised as being step mum to her (ex)husbands kids. They still have romantic actions so it is not the end of the world.

Second problem Chaffinch my second generation is unable to visit other Sims in their home or interact with them in any way on the telephone. Strange thing is while I was trying to get her into the Sekemoto house Cedric one of my other Sims was already in there doing his homework. This is a game breaker she needs to be able to communicate with other Sims. I am trying a restart to see if that helps.

Edit:The Chaffinch communication problem was solved with a restart but Rachel and Ben are still unmarried(that is probably not a real word) Yeah I know you were all losing sleep over this.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4619 on: April 15, 2012, 03:14:51 PM »
Their lives are supposed to go back to normal.  I would double check your age settings again.  Maybe even changing them to short, saving,exiting, restarting and then changing them to normal to see if they go back to where they are supposed to be.   Otherwise, you make it sound like you're only on the third day or so - wouldn't it be possible to start over very easily instead of going through all of this work?
You are probably right... But first, I am saving Eliza to the bin. If anybody wants her give me a shout