Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251308 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4575 on: April 11, 2012, 11:00:01 AM »
Sorry about that I got slightly confused with opp and challenge. The answer was still the same though.

Metro quick question about genies. Am I correct in my understanding that genies are allowed for our Sims to keep in the lamp but not allowed to be released into the household(because of the rule that nobody is allowed to move out and they have the extended lifespan thing going on)

Or are they allowed into the household but must be moved out straightaway,like the Simbot situation.

Or is the Simbot situation different because you need to make a Simbot due to an inventing skills challenge and therefore cannot avoid it.

I am guessing the genie stays in the lamp but I wanted to be sure.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4576 on: April 11, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »
Metro quick question about genies. Am I correct in my understanding that genies are allowed for our Sims to keep in the lamp but not allowed to be released into the household(because of the rule that nobody is allowed to move out and they have the extended lifespan thing going on)

Rule #7 should provide the answer, Rachel. If not give a shout.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4577 on: April 11, 2012, 02:23:58 PM »
Metro can my sim marry a tattoo artist?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4578 on: April 11, 2012, 03:28:06 PM »
Metro can my sim marry a tattoo artist?

I don't see why not. Just remember the no tattoo rule.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #4579 on: April 11, 2012, 04:19:32 PM »
If my 1st gen. sim marries a paparazzi who has Lvl.7 in photography and takes a large portrait picture of her, does that count as my YA portrait or do I have to make him learn painting and do it that way?

Offline Kai Heilos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4580 on: April 11, 2012, 04:23:37 PM »
Paintings and Photographs are two seperate things. You can have a Photograph in addition to the Painting or you can skip the Photograph, but a Painting is required, it can not be replaced with something else. Someone in the household will need to learn Painting 7 and make a portrait.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4581 on: April 11, 2012, 04:24:22 PM »
Portraits have to be through the painting skill at level 7 using the paint portrait of.. interaction.   Photographs are allowed in addition to portraits as extras to boost museum value.

:D Simultaneous postings.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kai Heilos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4582 on: April 11, 2012, 04:26:45 PM »
On the note of photographs, does anyone know how to get a good priced shot of a sim? Mine seem to come out at around 2-300 simoleans each and as far as I'm aware they don't appreciate like the other museum pieces.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4583 on: April 11, 2012, 04:30:07 PM »
I've had photos go up in price when the sim who took them died.  Otherwise what I always do is get the person to level 10 first then start taking photographs of people.  I always try to make the museum photos the first time a Sim has taken that shot so I save stuff specifically for my immortal-to-bes.   Also, classic vignette and panorama photos will be worth more than any other size/style.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #4584 on: April 11, 2012, 04:33:15 PM »
Mkay, thanks for answering my question. :) Kai I know what you mean, the highest I've ever gotten for a photo was about 450 simoleans and that was because I was finishing a collection.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4585 on: April 11, 2012, 04:39:24 PM »
My Second generation immortal had a level 10 photographer take a photo of him with the best camera that was panoramic and had a vignette.  He was just working out so the photographer got the "Fighting Flab" photo and it was worth a little over §800.

I consider it a great photo when it's between 700 and 1000 for a Sim.

Offline Kai Heilos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4586 on: April 11, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
Does it still count if the sim is engaged in an activity, fighting flab, cooking, rocking out, etc? I was under the impression it only counted if it specifically said something like Spouse, Main Squeeze or Child. If that's the case then I'll feel really bad as I took a photo of my sim in a pillow fight worth about 1.5k -_-

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4587 on: April 11, 2012, 05:01:28 PM »
My understanding is that as long as your Sim is the subject it counts.   So my sim was fighting flab therefore it counted. 

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #4588 on: April 11, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
Got a question.  Are we allowed to have siblings have childern if they stay in their mom's family?  I have twins and my heir is female and her brother is male.  I was wondering if he could have kids with someone as long as they stayed in their mom's family.  There's nothing to say I can't do it in the rules, but I just want to be sure.

Southern Girl Since December 1985

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4589 on: April 11, 2012, 06:57:48 PM »
Got a question.  Are we allowed to have siblings have childern if they stay in their mom's family?  I have twins and my heir is female and her brother is male.  I was wondering if he could have kids with someone as long as they stayed in their mom's family.  There's nothing to say I can't do it in the rules, but I just want to be sure.

A Spare can have children in or out of the house. A few people, myself included have had Spares or other household members (slaves) have children in order to aid further requirements or to help out. You can also have a male member have children with a female not in the household.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]