Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251236 times)

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4515 on: April 03, 2012, 08:14:17 PM »
That's not what he meant at all.

It's simply a hard ban on mods, regardless of what they do or don't do. It's simply a much more time efficient way than having to make a ruling on every single mod someone may or may not want to use, which may or may not affect gameplay, and may or may not be advantageous to some players and not others.

Besides, it's better to learn it now, than to complete a whole HoF Dynasty, mention it then, and find out you're disqualified, right?

Even the ones that just fix the glitches give an advantage. Those who use those mods would be less likely to have their save die due to a glitch than someone who chooses to not use those mods.

If he allows some mods, then he has to come up with a definition that doesn't have any room for different interpretations. But that still leaves it open for more questions, when the basic rules still give people tons of questions. Example: Like you may only use Mod X. "May I use Mod XY? It does what Mod X does plus Y. If I only use the stuff that Mod X does can I still use it?"

And Shirin also has a point, best find out now whether or not something is allowed than finding out at the end after the hard work when what got you disqualified was so easy to avoid.

Daemo

« Reply #4516 on: April 03, 2012, 11:59:18 PM »
I want to thank you all for all of your advice.  My dynasty has now begun.  Thank you all so much for all you do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4517 on: April 04, 2012, 08:31:47 AM »
How can I save an entire household without going to edit town?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4518 on: April 04, 2012, 10:38:41 AM »
How can I save an entire household without going to edit town?

I think Metro allows you to go to Edit Town if you want to save the household/house to the library as long as you don't mess around too much. It can be useful for a back-up if stuff goes wrong.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4519 on: April 04, 2012, 10:49:18 AM »
I think Metro allows you to go to Edit Town if you want to save the household/house to the library as long as you don't mess around too much. It can be useful for a back-up if stuff goes wrong.

Yep. I have no problems with that use of Edit Town since you are not changing anything.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4520 on: April 04, 2012, 12:31:53 PM »
Yep. I have no problems with that use of Edit Town since you are not changing anything.

Thanks.....

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4521 on: April 05, 2012, 12:54:09 AM »
  • The Edit Town screen is off limits with the following exceptions:
  • Twinbrook and Bridgeport players can add the Book Corral to the town library.
  • Anyone can place EA-created buildings and lots, but only EA-created buildings and lots are allowed.

Just for clarification, based on these Edit Town rules, and based on a ruling about replacing a stadium with a stadium from Showtime: Am I able to demolish current rabbitholes and replace them with "bundled" rabbitholes? Such as replacing the spa with the spa/bookstore building? Or is it a 1:1 replacement?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ashel Veh

• Llama Wrangler
  • "What is a Weekend?"
« Reply #4522 on: April 05, 2012, 04:31:09 AM »
Having read all 181 pages of information here I don't recall seeing anything about this, however my apologies if the answer to my question is buried somewhere and I just missed it.  Are we allowed to use the magic items from the store - the book, cauldron, etc.

Thank you,

- Ashel Veh

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4523 on: April 05, 2012, 04:56:51 AM »
I think as long as it doesn't extend lifespan it is allowed. I think Metro allowed the Tree of Prosperity? I know the Fountain of Youth is banned though. Things like the Baby Swing are allowed and that is premium content from the store.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4524 on: April 05, 2012, 07:08:38 AM »
Just for clarification, based on these Edit Town rules, and based on a ruling about replacing a stadium with a stadium from Showtime: Am I able to demolish current rabbitholes and replace them with "bundled" rabbitholes? Such as replacing the spa with the spa/bookstore building?

I don't have a problem with you doing that.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4525 on: April 05, 2012, 07:17:49 AM »
Just remember that some of the bundled rabbit holes could start to cause problems when it comes to dynasty challenges.   Bundled rabbit holes tend to only count as one building being bought which means you could end up removing the number of buildings needed to complete the dynasty.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

AdnaanA

« Reply #4526 on: April 05, 2012, 08:31:18 AM »
does anyone know any single sims in UC

Offline Ashel Veh

• Llama Wrangler
  • "What is a Weekend?"
« Reply #4527 on: April 05, 2012, 09:15:44 AM »
does anyone know any single sims in UC

There are a ton of single sims in UC.  They are scattered throughout.  Open a new game and play musical households - that seems to be the easiest way.

- Ashel Veh

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #4528 on: April 05, 2012, 11:52:13 AM »
Quick question.  Can you move in a future spouse before the wedding?  Just wondering.

Southern Girl Since December 1985

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4529 on: April 05, 2012, 11:54:12 AM »
There is no rule saying you can't and I'm fairly certain a lot of people have done it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

anything