Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251112 times)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4410 on: March 17, 2012, 10:16:11 PM »
For the green box bug, I was able to copy the family + house to the bin in edit town. Then I deleted the bugged house and replaced it with the copy of them in the bin. You could at least see if that works.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4411 on: March 17, 2012, 10:27:13 PM »
My sims car just died! Just when I am trying to have enough friends to eat the ambrosia... I just made some new young friends, because a few died of old age. And I just became best friends with the car, so I was happy it counted as a friend... I didn't even know a car could die! Go figure... Of all people... or not really people  :P

Do you mean it died and Grim came for it and it turned into a ghost with a grave?  Did you get a screenshot of it?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4412 on: March 18, 2012, 05:53:33 AM »
For the green box bug, I was able to copy the family + house to the bin in edit town. Then I deleted the bugged house and replaced it with the copy of them in the bin. You could at least see if that works.
Thanks, I think I might try that, 'cause even a few save games back weird stuff is going on now... The mother is an elder there but here picture is like she is an adult...  ???

Do you mean it died and Grim came for it and it turned into a ghost with a grave?  Did you get a screenshot of it?
No, I got a message saying something like: because of dying the car was sold for $ 0,-. I got this message during the time the father (car owner) and mother were on their free vacation. First a thought the father died, but he returned from the vacation so it must have been about the car.
I am guessing you never had a car die? (neither did I by the way :D)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #4413 on: March 18, 2012, 05:58:07 AM »
I too have had a bad experience with accepting the ' Free Vacation' opportunity. The adults went on the 'so-called vacation', but never left the house. In the friends tab they were greyed-out, but were still fully playable.
My problem was: that although there were only 6 members in my house, I couldn't move anyone in, or have a baby, because the game kept on saying that my house was full.
I unfortunately didn't have previous saves, so I eventually abandoned the game and started a new. I am now on my 7th heir and touch wood all is ok

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4414 on: March 18, 2012, 07:59:42 AM »
If it was the car that they said died, this could have been the problem with the mom.  The game wanted the mother to die but sold the car instead.  Because a lot of times when someone is away like that and someone dies, they will sell items from the inventory instead of moving.  At least in my experience. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4415 on: March 18, 2012, 09:44:41 AM »
If it was the car that they said died, this could have been the problem with the mom.  The game wanted the mother to die but sold the car instead.  Because a lot of times when someone is away like that and someone dies, they will sell items from the inventory instead of moving.  At least in my experience. 

All very weird, but in a weird way it makes sense ;)
They didn't literally say that the car died, just that there was a death or someting and the car was sold for $ 0,-. That's why I first thought that the father died, since it is his car.

I have another question, about the mother's picture being wrong. In an older save of mine I saw she had the picture of her adult selve, while being elder of 82 or something. I think she might have done something on her own, which I didn't notice. What could she have done to change her picture? Is that possible? 'Cause now I have tried the same save again and her picture is correct. (I just got the opportunity for the free vacation, which I obviously kindly declined ;)

I feel like I might be getting a little off topic, if so sorry about that, although it is still about my Immortal Challenge... It seems logic the ask this here, since you already know about the bugs in my game. Hope this is ok... I actually also hope that I didn't mess up my game so much that I should restart the challenge now... But maybe I don't make it anyway hahaha :'(

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4416 on: March 18, 2012, 10:15:53 AM »
I too have had a bad experience with accepting the ' Free Vacation' opportunity. The adults went on the 'so-called vacation', but never left the house. In the friends tab they were greyed-out, but were still fully playable.
My problem was: that although there were only 6 members in my house, I couldn't move anyone in, or have a baby, because the game kept on saying that my house was full.
I unfortunately didn't have previous saves, so I eventually abandoned the game and started a new. I am now on my 7th heir and touch wood all is ok

Almost forgot to say... good for you that you are on your 7th heir!  8)
And yes, it must be due to the free vacation. my save right before that seems fine. I am a little over-cautious and save many times. Although a little less lately since saving takes up so much time now ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Annabob

• Nooboo
« Reply #4417 on: March 18, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »
I have had Sims break up in much the same way you have described. In my case I ended up moving another Sim out of the house leaving the unhappy couple behind a few Sim weeks later both of them were still living in the house but married to other people.

We all like to think we control those little pixels but I get the feeling we don't always.

Rachel

I guess you're right. Frustrating little pixels, though!

I'm sorry to hear about your problems, Odie! I got the same bug and had to go back to a previous save... it was sad. My teen had so much fun while the rest of the family was away!

Offline BlazeGirl12

• Townie
« Reply #4418 on: March 18, 2012, 10:30:53 PM »
Just to confirm...Is it okay to get the pet Clone Voucher?

Sarcastic hearts. :]
Noble Legacy

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4419 on: March 18, 2012, 10:46:18 PM »

Unless it's specifically mentioned in the rules as being banned, then it's ok.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4420 on: March 18, 2012, 11:10:51 PM »
Pet clone voucher is ok.  The potion and gourmet food is what is banned.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline mumbiki

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4421 on: March 18, 2012, 11:51:10 PM »
Pet clone voucher is ok.  The potion and gourmet food is what is banned.

I have a question, by gourmet food do you mean the option to "make gourmet pet food"?  If so, why is that banned in the challenge.  I was going to start this recently and thought I was up on all the rules for it. 

--Proud Mom of a United States Soldier!
--My first girl nooboo due 4/16/13!!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4422 on: March 18, 2012, 11:59:03 PM »
Gourmet Pet Food that is made by cooking is banned because it has the ability to add days to a pet's life which is against the rules.

Offline mumbiki

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4423 on: March 19, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »
Gourmet Pet Food that is made by cooking is banned because it has the ability to add days to a pet's life which is against the rules.

ah, I see.  I never made the gourmet pet food, didn't know that.  Thanks :)

--Proud Mom of a United States Soldier!
--My first girl nooboo due 4/16/13!!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4424 on: March 19, 2012, 12:21:37 AM »
I know pets can count towards the best friends requirement but does this include Unicorns, wild horses and strays too?

Can Celebrity opportunies count towards Black Opps?

anything