Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251205 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4395 on: March 17, 2012, 07:50:51 AM »
More like 8th attempt  ;D  I find it gets easier around charisma 5 but by then I also have a challenge or two done which also give a boost.

What expansions do you have available Odie?  10 came with Base game.  3 came with World Adventures.  2 came with Ambitions.  Late Night gave us 4.  Pets gave 1 more for a total of 20.  Guitar (base game) and the other three instruments (LN) are the hardest in the game to get and should probably be avoided due to horrible wording of the challenge and the low probability of getting opportunities for them.   There are some skills that also raise another base game skill; Martial Arts raises athletic and Inventing raises Handiness.   It's doable to do inventing without maxing handiness but it requires close monitoring and starting in childhood.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4396 on: March 17, 2012, 07:57:53 AM »
Thank you so much for that tip. The thing is that I worry a little to have my heirs learn to many skills. I want them all to be able to supermax one of course. I still have to find out which skills are doable and which aren't. Haha, I don't even know exactly how may skills there are. (I'll take a look on this site ;))
Do you maybe know how many points you need in the charisma skill to make friends easily?

Here's a link to my online spreadsheet from when I was playing my Immortal Dynasty.  You'll be able to see what each generation did to meet the Ambrosia requirements.  Click on the tabs along the bottom to move to the different generations.

Charisma was one that I deliberately left alone for SuperMaxing so that each generation could use it.  By around level 8, it's much easier to make friends.  Plus, one of the skill journal challenges keeps relationships from deteriorating and that's very helpful.  It's pretty easy to level up with Charisma.  Even interacting with an infant or toddler will increase Charisma skill.

Here's the page where the skills guide starts.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiker12

• Insane Sims addict
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes, I'm Insane. Get over it.
    • World of Tribes
« Reply #4397 on: March 17, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »
quick question: it's probably already been asked, but, how do you get sculpting stuff???
Expansion packs I own:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Stuff Packs I own: Outdoor Living, Town Life, High End Loft

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4398 on: March 17, 2012, 08:57:56 AM »
Wiker what version are you playing?  If you're playing PC, you need to have Ambitions and it's under Buy Mode > Hobbies & Skills.  It's a sculpting station. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiker12

• Insane Sims addict
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes, I'm Insane. Get over it.
    • World of Tribes
« Reply #4399 on: March 17, 2012, 09:08:39 AM »
ok thanks! Yea, i am now playing the computer version.. so I need to get ambitions, okalidokalie!
Expansion packs I own:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Stuff Packs I own: Outdoor Living, Town Life, High End Loft

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4400 on: March 17, 2012, 09:13:34 AM »
Sculptures are not mandatory for this challenge.  All you need is base game to actually finish it.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #4401 on: March 17, 2012, 09:23:56 AM »
Hi again,

Ricalynn and Pam: thanks for all your tips and info!  :-*
I have all expansion packs, except for Showtime but I think I'll order that one soon.
Good to know that some skills raise other base skills. I'll keep that in mind.
It is a very good idea to have a few skills as non supermax skills for all your sims to use, thanks!
Don't tell me much more now though, I have to find it out for myself now :D
Of to simming again!
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4402 on: March 17, 2012, 11:25:39 AM »
My sims car just died! Just when I am trying to have enough friends to eat the ambrosia... I just made some new young friends, because a few died of old age. And I just became best friends with the car, so I was happy it counted as a friend... I didn't even know a car could die! Go figure... Of all people... or not really people  :P

Offline Annabob

• Nooboo
« Reply #4403 on: March 17, 2012, 02:44:02 PM »
My sims car just died! Just when I am trying to have enough friends to eat the ambrosia... I just made some new young friends, because a few died of old age. And I just became best friends with the car, so I was happy it counted as a friend... I didn't even know a car could die! Go figure... Of all people... or not really people  :P

Cars can die?? Whoa. Guess I've never kept a sim car that long!

Weirdest thing happened in my dynasty house... My second generation heir got married and immediately got his wife pregnant. But the next day she autonomously decided to accuse him of cheating! He didn't cheat and didn't have a cheater reputation... I have no idea what triggered it :( I tried to repair the relationship, but kept making it worse so then the next day she broke up with him! I don't think it's possible for her to move out autonomously, fortunately, but I just don't understand what happened. I'm working on making them friends again now and then hopefully one day they'll get remarried. It was just so strange! I've never had a sim autonomously do something like that completely unprovoked!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4404 on: March 17, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »
I have had Sims break up in much the same way you have described. In my case I ended up moving another Sim out of the house leaving the unhappy couple behind a few Sim weeks later both of them were still living in the house but married to other people.

We all like to think we control those little pixels but I get the feeling we don't always.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4405 on: March 17, 2012, 05:21:39 PM »
No we absolutely do not control it all and I am a true controll freak  :P

The weirdest thing just happened to me.
The parents went on a free holiday (stupid mistake) for 2 days and the father (my founder) returned, but the mother didn't. The box where her picture was in is still there though, but empty and green... Is that normal? Did she die? Honestly, I have never had a household member die before :-[ so I don't know what's normal here...
In the relationships of father and son is also an empty box, but with all details like traits and such. I noticed that he inventory has been placed in the fathers inventory. I didn't get a message of her dying. Is it normal the green box is there? :-\ I worry that might give problems for my dynasty since I want to get a full house of 8 once...

Addition to this message:
Something else is weird. I keep putting the son into bed and then turn to the father again, but each time when I look at the son he is out of bed again. Just now I actually saw it happen. He just magically appears next to the bed (being tired!).
Do you think this is a bug? Should I use a previous save game to continue? Oh, what do I do... :-/
I don't mind the mother dying, since she is no heir, but that's not the point anymore now. I have a green box where her picture was and the son keeps popping out of the bed... :-S

Crap, the same thing is happening to the father now... :-(

Ok, that does it... Now I get messages for the mother that she has work to do (she's a ghost hunter)
I think I can say my file is bugged... :-(
Before using an older save file, I am gonna try a few things first. If anyone has any suggestions please tell!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4406 on: March 17, 2012, 06:50:19 PM »
Sorry to say it... you've got the Green Box Bug.
I don't know what exactly causes it, just that if you do get it, go through your Saves directory (Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Saves) and delete anything that ends with ".sims3.bad".
And you're going to have to go back to an earlier save. Sorry about that.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #4407 on: March 17, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »
Can Collecting be a supermaxed skilled for an immortal?

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #4408 on: March 17, 2012, 06:55:09 PM »
Can Collecting be a supermaxed skilled for an immortal?

No because it doesn't have levels, just challenges.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #4409 on: March 17, 2012, 07:29:58 PM »
Sorry to say it... you've got the Green Box Bug.
I don't know what exactly causes it, just that if you do get it, go through your Saves directory (Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Saves) and delete anything that ends with ".sims3.bad".
And you're going to have to go back to an earlier save. Sorry about that.

Thanks. I don't have any .bad files by the way, but the bug is in my last 3 save games. I save quite often, fortunately. I think the bug started with accepting the free vacation for the parents. Not doing that again ;)

anything