Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251277 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4365 on: March 12, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »
As for the 60x60 lot(s), my (admittedly poor) recollection is that they are marked as community lots, but don't actually have anything on them. If, in fact, they don't, could players not just change it from empty community lot to empty residential lot?

I edited the rules based on samo's information above. I'll fire up a game in a bit and double check.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4366 on: March 12, 2012, 03:23:22 PM »
They are both community lots in a game with Pets. I hope the 63x63 is fine because I've already started there. Does it really matter though if you use FF to get the funds down?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4367 on: March 12, 2012, 11:25:31 PM »
Does it really matter though if you use FF to get the funds down?

Yes because everyone has to start with the same amount of money after purchasing the lot.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline BACKDROPsilhouette

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4368 on: March 12, 2012, 11:31:38 PM »
I think the question was if the lot size mattered (63x63 as opposed to 60x60) since you have to bring your funds to the same amount anyway.

But I think the first page says that 63x63 in Sunlight Shores is good to start with.
My dynasty is being temporarily abandoned. The reason? 25% laziness, 25% preoccupation with other Sims families, and 50% an upcoming move to San Antonio.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4369 on: March 13, 2012, 12:59:54 AM »
I think the question was if the lot size mattered (63x63 as opposed to 60x60) since you have to bring your funds to the same amount anyway.

But I think the first page says that 63x63 in Sunlight Shores is good to start with.

Ah, you're probably right.  Sorry samoht04!  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4370 on: March 13, 2012, 04:59:01 AM »
I'm back with another question.  :P

I've heard that the Nectar Making challenge, "Vizard of Vine" is bugged but that it has worked for some people before. From what I gather it seems that not travelling while doing it and using home grown French grapes seems to be the key. Somebody tested this and posted the results which I quote:

I gave it a little test and the results were... interesting. I covered half the lot with grapes and half with renoit grapes and put fences around so my sims couldn't stray into the wrong half. When they had each harvested 400 grapes they set to making the nectar. Both sims got flavorful feet after squishing their 40th batch but neither got Vizard of the Vine when it was completed. I figured that maybe since they were from buydebug it didn't consider them to be 'home grown' so I harvested another 150 of each and planted them. When they were fully grown I had each sim harvest another 400 grapes... here's where it gets interesting.. when my Renoit Grapes sim squished her first batch of 'home grown' grapes she got Vizard of the Vine. My plain grapes guy didn't have the same thing happen to him (if I can stomach it I'll have him finish another batch of 400 grapes but I think I've already confirmed what I suspected - plain grapes don't count)

So my thoughts are either:

•Its bugged and you have to do 410 not 400
•It does register when your 40th batch has finished cooking but the award test is wrongly set to trigger off squishing fruit
•It only registers the 'homegrown' status of the last batch used so if you have 400 non homegrown grapes you'll get it any time you use homegrown grapes after that

But yeah, irrelevant for the purposes of this challenge I just figured I'd test it out anyway.

So it seems doable ...maybe. I restarted my Dynasty a while ago (I've been too lazy to post pictures and I story about it but I will soon, I promise) and I would like to, if possible, have one of my Immortals supermax Nectar Making.

It's still pretty buggy, works for some people and not others so I've decided to keep track of how many homegrown grapes will be used for this challenge myself. What I want to know is, if my (Future) Immortal completes this challenge and it still registers as incomplete due to the bug, can I still count it as being finished? If 400 grapes were used and I counted? I would like to know as I would really like to do Nectar Making as a supermax skill.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4371 on: March 13, 2012, 06:54:24 AM »
It's still pretty buggy, works for some people and not others so I've decided to keep track of how many homegrown grapes will be used for this challenge myself. What I want to know is, if my (Future) Immortal completes this challenge and it still registers as incomplete due to the bug, can I still count it as being finished? If 400 grapes were used and I counted? I would like to know as I would really like to do Nectar Making as a supermax skill.

Yep, that's fine as long as you keep track.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Captain

« Reply #4372 on: March 13, 2012, 01:08:41 PM »
When loading my current dynasty after having installed Showtime it asks if I want to place the new lots, show venues, etc.  Is this ok on a currently running Dynasty?  And if so can we make a lot for the big venue?  There's not enough space for it in my Appaloosa Plains game.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4373 on: March 13, 2012, 02:37:45 PM »
When loading my current dynasty after having installed Showtime it asks if I want to place the new lots, show venues, etc.  Is this ok on a currently running Dynasty?  And if so can we make a lot for the big venue?  There's not enough space for it in my Appaloosa Plains game.

As long as you do not demolish existing buildings, that's fine. I'm not sure if you would need to in AP.

Offline BACKDROPsilhouette

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4374 on: March 13, 2012, 02:49:28 PM »
If we shouldn't be demolishing existing buildings, does that mean I also could not demolish a building that's been placed on the dynasty lot by the game?
My dynasty is being temporarily abandoned. The reason? 25% laziness, 25% preoccupation with other Sims families, and 50% an upcoming move to San Antonio.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4375 on: March 13, 2012, 02:57:10 PM »
If we shouldn't be demolishing existing buildings, does that mean I also could not demolish a building that's been placed on the dynasty lot by the game?

No, that's a special exception. You have to do that to begin on the designated lot.

Offline khynnea

• Nooboo
« Reply #4376 on: March 13, 2012, 06:07:45 PM »
I've started a dynasty and been taking screenshots and handwritten notes in a notebook.

If I am going to post something, story-wise-ish, are there rules/guidelines on where I do that?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4377 on: March 13, 2012, 07:49:23 PM »
Hello khynnea welcome to the forum!

There is an Immortal Dynasty Story board and the rules for it can be found when you go to that forum here.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline khynnea

• Nooboo
« Reply #4378 on: March 14, 2012, 03:22:33 AM »
Hello khynnea welcome to the forum!

There is an Immortal Dynasty Story board and the rules for it can be found when you go to that forum here.

Thanks very much for the answer, Ricalynn!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #4379 on: March 15, 2012, 01:35:07 AM »
Are we allowed to replace the stadium in Sunset Valley with the one from Showime since it's also somewhere you can perform?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

anything