Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250586 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4320 on: March 08, 2012, 06:05:27 AM »
That is a good idea Pam,although I personally would never send an heir to boarding school because of all the potential skilling that can be done during the child and teen stage.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4321 on: March 08, 2012, 06:56:30 AM »
I didn't even think of that!  Yes, it's true that when a child goes to boarding school, he's already aged up when it's finished.  Metro, I wonder if it should be part of the rules that heirs cannot attend boarding school.  I suppose it could be considered a strategy, but anyone who tries it will fail at the challenge.

It is part of strategy and simply something that players need to be aware of. There are plenty of other risky things a player should probably not do -- i.e. mess with the time machine too much because you may come back with a child or choosing guitar as a Supermax skill. But, no, I do not want to add another ban.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #4322 on: March 08, 2012, 11:03:56 AM »
The easiest way is to have the portraits painted before you send them to boarding school. That's what I do at least. But I tend to avoid boarding school with heirs because of the skilling and the traits.  I always like to be able to pick the traits myself.

Offline BACKDROPsilhouette

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4323 on: March 08, 2012, 01:01:51 PM »
Sorry if this was already addressed, but I thought Metro said the extra money you get from pets is fine because it's all used for the objects pets will need to eat and sleep and such.
My dynasty is being temporarily abandoned. The reason? 25% laziness, 25% preoccupation with other Sims families, and 50% an upcoming move to San Antonio.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4324 on: March 08, 2012, 01:04:38 PM »
It was changed after that when he implemented the use of the cheat to bring family funds down to 1800.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4325 on: March 08, 2012, 06:22:42 PM »
For those who are considering using Starlight Shores as a Dynasty town, be aware that there is a 64x64 lot, and there are actually two (2!) 60x60 lots available. If you have Pets, the JRA horse ranch will take up the lot south of the 64x64 lot. There is another lot a bit southeast of the ranch that is empty.

Because I don't have access to the game at the moment, I can't give addresses, but they kind of go in a diagonal NW->SE line. The 64x64 is at the "top" of the town. The empty 60x60 is along the main road to the east.

(I will give addresses tonight when I am home, if someone has not beat me to it.)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4326 on: March 08, 2012, 09:23:36 PM »
The second 60 x 60 lot in my game that is not the equestrian center is marked as a community empty lot in my game.  So if you don't see it when you're starting a new character that is why.   There is a good possibility that it would be the same for someone with Showtime that doesn't have Pets for the other 60 x 60 lot as well.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiker12

• Insane Sims addict
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes, I'm Insane. Get over it.
    • World of Tribes
« Reply #4327 on: March 09, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »
Just wondering, can people using the console version make a slightly altered version?? Cause I use the Sims 3:Pets on Xbox 360, and you can only have up to six family members.. Just wondering....
Expansion packs I own:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Stuff Packs I own: Outdoor Living, Town Life, High End Loft

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4328 on: March 10, 2012, 12:35:28 AM »
Can we SimPort into others' games, and can they SimPort into our Dynasty?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4329 on: March 10, 2012, 08:56:33 AM »
Are genies allowed as potential spouses or helpers. My test genie has a longer life span then normal Sims I was wondering if that was the norm for genies.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4330 on: March 10, 2012, 09:57:54 AM »
Seabody, the only thing you can do with SimPort is perform. The Sims in your dynasty could go see someone who came through Simport, but that's all.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4331 on: March 10, 2012, 01:27:47 PM »
I am literally tearing my hair out right now. There is no space in Hidden Springs for anything bigger than 30x30. Combined with the bad routing it has I seriously suggest anyone considering Hidden Springs as a Dynasty Town should change their mind.  >:(
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4332 on: March 10, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »
I got a 64x64 down in Hidden Springs o.O
Or maybe it was already there.
I'll start up the game and see if I can tell you where it was I put it or where it was.

EDIT: 7 Meadow Beach Dr. down by the mountains is a 64 x 64 lot; however, it's a ways away from where most of the community is. I don't think I'll be using Hidden Springs as a Dynasty setting anyway. I do want to try out Starlight Shores, though!
My dynasty is being temporarily abandoned. The reason? 25% laziness, 25% preoccupation with other Sims families, and 50% an upcoming move to San Antonio.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4333 on: March 10, 2012, 01:46:27 PM »
I got a 64x64 down in Hidden Springs o.O
Or maybe it was already there.
I'll start up the game and see if I can tell you where it was I put it or where it was.

Thanks for doing that. It will be useful information for everyone. Although for me the time has passed as I've just been hit by more bugs. I could go back a save but I just think 'What is the point'. I'll just have more lag, more bugs and I'm pretty sure it is Hidden Springs causing the trouble, the routing is horrid and that file is driving me to insanity. I must be cursed to never complete this challenge.  :(
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4334 on: March 10, 2012, 01:56:17 PM »
I think Hidden Springs is the issue. I played a regular family in it for a while but the world made my game crash constantly. I don't think there's much room to put new community lots (like the Showtime venues), though, so someone wanting those AND Hidden Springs won't have any luck. I do like the townies there, though!

But aw, you can't be cursed! Hidden Springs is at the very least. It's pretty tough on my laptop. When I'm there I have to keep it on low settings, so I can imagine a Dynasty family would just kick it into overdrive with the amount of time that passes in those things.

I'm not sure where I'm going to start my official Dynasty. I was at Generation 6 with my last (and first) real try and when I installed Showtime something happened that made both the save file and the backup unreadable ):

anything