Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3253078 times)

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4230 on: February 20, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »
Ratchie brings up a potential problem in my dynasty so I need to ask for Metro's approval on this.

I recently had my 4th generation give birth to the 5th generation without getting married. Is it actually okay to leave the immortal unmarried pre-7th generation or do I need to go have the 4th generation marry the father?

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4231 on: February 20, 2012, 02:31:34 PM »
That could work, but I would have Goodwin at least start working on his painting (get a second easel) just in case. Clone Voucher is 45,000 lifetime happiness points which is a lot to earn in a short amount of time. You might luck out however if Harwood gives you good wishes. You can have an adult reach level 7 in painting in a few days if you use coffee to keep them from needing to sleep, and that's a Sim who isn't artistic.

Speaking of luck, in a second dynasty I've got going, my Sims are celebrities. Had my founder originally going to supermax fishing and top that career but about halfway through his YA life, realized it wasn't going to happen and switched him to cooking and Culinary. He's got all of the challenges but the recipe one. So I have him go buy books. Can't remember how many he had already when the thing popped up, but I selected the ambrosia one while I was there. He got it for free. He was a level 4 celebrity at the time.

My main concern right now is the lack of life fruit on the lot and Samuel is an elder. He's got 4 more best friends (but that shouldn't be too hard, he's got a fair number close to best friend status), and his elder portrait to go.

Question: Could I send my Sims to Egypt. Raid that one tomb that has harvestable life fruit, plant them and use them as the grown life fruit? I know I can't use the life fruit I harvest in Egypt for Ambrosia. Or does the life fruit we use have to come from a special seed? My gen 2 heir is a young adult so I can travel, I just don't want to doom my dynasty. My founder is an elder now and I have 6 days to get a life fruit planted to guarantee having life fruit before Samuel could die.

I also second the marriage question. While I'm not in that boat now, I might be in it later on.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4232 on: February 20, 2012, 04:33:45 PM »

• Immortals must result from natural pregnancies of Sims living in the Dynasty house.

They have to live in the same house at conception but they don't have to be married ever. 

@Seera - You've been gathering special seeds and still haven't gotten a life fruit?  What town are you in?   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4233 on: February 20, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »
Question: Could I send my Sims to Egypt. Raid that one tomb that has harvestable life fruit, plant them and use them as the grown life fruit?

I'd love to hear the answer to this, as Bridgeport seems to be lacking in special seeds and my founder's almost finished with his requirements and is days away from elder status.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #4234 on: February 20, 2012, 06:52:32 PM »
This is probably a really simple "duh" type question. In Lunar Lakes there are two large lots. One's a 64x64 and the other is a 60x60. Does it matter which I choose to begin a dynasty?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #4235 on: February 20, 2012, 07:06:07 PM »
@Seera Thanks for the response! I think you're right in any case about having Goodwin paint. Can't hurt to be prepared! Maybe I'll have Harwood adopt a child to be his successor--but then I'm taking even more of a chance with the genes thing. The whole thing makes me kind of nervous. I'll probably just have Goodwin fill the gap until a spouse comes in for Gen 2 to take over.
EDIT: Also thanks for the coffee tip! I completely forgot about coffee!

About the life fruit, I'm fairly certain that if you plant it yourself, it counts as the "homegrown life fruit" they require, even if you didn't plant it from seed. As far as Special seeds, I always check the graveyard. As I recall from playing in Bridgeport and Sunset Valley, they spawn there. In Twinbrook I found more Special seeds at the Amphitheatre.

@Orange Iguana On page 14 or thereabouts, Meto answers this question. In order to keep cohesive family structure, they want both parents living under one roof. I'm sorry I don't have a direct quote. Also, spouses are supposed to live in the house until they naturally expire. Gen 7 is naturally an exception. I hope that helps!

@Nicky All I know is the lot they specify in Twinbrook is 40x40. I can't tell you more than that.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4236 on: February 20, 2012, 09:45:42 PM »
@Upinde - Special Seeds in Bridgeport are near the graveyard and a whole bunch down near the road of the Butterfly Espanade.   I found a whole bunch in those places.    In BP, I'm usually able to get 5 or 6 special seeds every other day.

@ Nicky - Metro hasn't commented on anything that came out with Lunar Lakes yet.  Not the lot or if the trees are allowed so I don't know what to tell you.   :-\  I know it's usually the 60 x 60 but in Hidden Springs it's a 64 x 64 lot because that's the only one. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4237 on: February 20, 2012, 10:10:04 PM »
I'm in Twinbrook. One of the helper residents has the collection helper so I can find the special seeds. Near the amphitheater, just below the old train tracks in the white ground area, there's one more location more in town, but I can't remember it off the top of my head, I think maybe the graveyard.

Some of my problem was I didn't send my gardener out to fetch special seeds as before I've always managed to get one pretty much right away. I'd been panicking about my founder's supermax skill and career. And getting him his best friends.

And alright, vacation time to Egypt. And pray that I don't need Pangu's ax for it as parts of that tomb require Pangu's ax. Actually, I'll make a new game and test it out with just a random Sim. I don't want to risk not getting to it in time.

@Nicky. They pick a specific lot for it. I'd wait for Metro to rule on which lot to use in Lunar Lakes.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #4238 on: February 20, 2012, 10:57:55 PM »
I have the biggest. I'm on hold for starting the story until I do hear his official ruling. Not that I'm stalking the thread  ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4239 on: February 20, 2012, 11:52:27 PM »
I have the biggest. I'm on hold for starting the story until I do hear his official ruling. Not that I'm stalking the thread  ;)

I think Metro will probably say the 60 x 60 lot in Lunar Lakes because that's the hoped for standard size for the Immortal Dynasty challenge.  The only reason the 40 x 40 and 64 x 64 lots have been allowed is because a 60 x 60 was not available in those towns.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4240 on: February 21, 2012, 12:03:58 AM »
Question: Could I send my Sims to Egypt. Raid that one tomb that has harvestable life fruit, plant them and use them as the grown life fruit? I know I can't use the life fruit I harvest in Egypt for Ambrosia. Or does the life fruit we use have to come from a special seed? My gen 2 heir is a young adult so I can travel, I just don't want to doom my dynasty. My founder is an elder now and I have 6 days to get a life fruit planted to guarantee having life fruit before Samuel could die.

I believe you can. I've always played that way once my Dynasty gets to Generation 2, YA stage.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4241 on: February 21, 2012, 01:33:12 AM »
Wasn't the rule on Life Fruit that you had to grow it yourself. So if you used the Life Fruit from the tomb, planted it and grew that, then used the harvested life fruit from that plant for the Ambrosia I think that is okay?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4242 on: February 21, 2012, 01:48:25 AM »
Wasn't the rule on Life Fruit that you had to grow it yourself. So if you used the Life Fruit from the tomb, planted it and grew that, then used the harvested life fruit from that plant for the Ambrosia I think that is okay?

Yes, that would be ok.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4243 on: February 21, 2012, 02:43:00 AM »
I've just gotten my first ever immortal  8)

Generation 3 has also just been born. And she's going to get a sibling to take over the gardening. Just in case. My current gardener is going to die any day now.

And I'm finally getting around to building them a house  ;D

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4244 on: February 21, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »
Okay, one question. I want to make sure this is possible.../is/ it possible to supermax the Guitar skill with the new expansion packs? Or is there a glitch/complicated related to it? I just want to make sure I don't choose something impossible.