Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250623 times)

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4200 on: February 18, 2012, 07:03:30 PM »
I feel like I as so many questions...I just want to get this right :p Anyhow, when it comes to Opportunities...these are those little pop up boxes that say things like 'Go Eat At A Restaurant' and the like right? Just make sure you're not doing the same 6 for every immortal person...does this mean that once one person does an opportunity, like deliver cookies, no other immortal can do it as well? My head is spinning trying to keep it all separated and clear.

Yep, those are the opportunities each immortal has to complete. Just make sure that no immortal completes the same opportunity and that you're not redoing the same opportunity because doing something like "Best Food in Town" twice isn't going to count as 2 opportunities.

It would really help if you wrote down each opportunity an immortal completes so that you can check the list and make sure an immortal isn't doing the same opportunity.

Sportsfan

« Reply #4201 on: February 18, 2012, 07:04:23 PM »
Yes to everything

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4202 on: February 18, 2012, 07:23:57 PM »
So Old Friends are the same as Best Friends?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4203 on: February 18, 2012, 07:32:13 PM »
Only if the relationship bar is as full as it should be for best friends.  Good friends and friends can become Old Friends, too.  Best Friend status is based on the fullness of relationship bar, too. 

Also - @lila - you can put pets up for adoption, yes.  Pets aren't held to the same restrictions as Sims.  The only thing that's the same for pets as it is Sims is life extending.  No gourmet pet food and no young again potion for pets.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline lila711

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4204 on: February 18, 2012, 07:35:08 PM »
I currently have 1 elder, 2 adults, one toddler, 2 adult dogs and 3 puppies... I'm relieved I can get rid of 2 :P.

And thanks for the heads up on gourmet food :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4205 on: February 18, 2012, 08:31:11 PM »
I feel like I as so many questions...I just want to get this right :p Anyhow, when it comes to Opportunities...these are those little pop up boxes that say things like 'Go Eat At A Restaurant' and the like right? Just make sure you're not doing the same 6 for every immortal person...does this mean that once one person does an opportunity, like deliver cookies, no other immortal can do it as well? My head is spinning trying to keep it all separated and clear.

Are you using the online spreadsheet?  There's a link in the rules on the first page.  It helps a great deal when you're trying to keep everything organized.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4206 on: February 18, 2012, 09:20:43 PM »
I actually downloaded it...and then copied the labels out in my notebook and have been jotting things down in my notebook as I played because I just /had/ to take the hard way about things. Sculptures and Photos /are/ still optional correct? And thank you for the clarification about Old Friends...I've noticed as the Sims age and their friends do too...their friends keep dying before you can get to ambrosia, you just have to hurry I suppose.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4207 on: February 19, 2012, 01:07:15 AM »
Yes the Photos and Sculptures are optional.
For friends, if you want an easy method of getting friends - pull a Recipe Man and befriend children. Meet them as they leave school and then go to their house and befriend them.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4208 on: February 19, 2012, 02:42:03 AM »
My strategy about friends is to wait until later in your Sim's life to befriend people.  That also gives your Sim some time to learn Charisma, which makes it very easy to make friends.  I can get to Best Friend with just an introduction when Charisma is high and the skill journal challenges have been met. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #4209 on: February 19, 2012, 04:49:26 AM »
With opportunites, I like to just take the ones related to their supermax skill or career. That way, I don't have to worry if another immortal took that opportunity or not.

And I have been using the same trick as Pam for the best friends.

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #4210 on: February 19, 2012, 08:27:19 AM »
My strategy for making friends consists of throwing parties repeatedly since you get a relationship boost when they tell you your party rocks. Another thing I discovered is that playing tag with a kid while your sim is also a child seems to get relationships to best friends really fast.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #4211 on: February 19, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »
My strategy for friends is to become friends with vampires because then they'll be alive for awhile, even if they're elders. 

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4212 on: February 19, 2012, 11:19:23 AM »
Is it normal for there to be a death flower bush in the cemetery one day...and then it be gone the next? In Riverview that is.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4213 on: February 19, 2012, 12:40:35 PM »
Is it normal for there to be a death flower bush in the cemetery one day...and then it be gone the next? In Riverview that is.
If you harvested it, it won't be able to harvested again, at least not for a long time. If you're saying it disappeared, I've never had that happen so no it's not normal!

Offline The Anonymous

• Nooboo
« Reply #4214 on: February 19, 2012, 01:06:33 PM »
Is it possible for a townie to harvest it, if they have the required skill?