Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3252821 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4185 on: February 17, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
I hope you can figure it out Thomas. It's awful when something beyond your control happens to your game. Fingers crossed for you! @ The Anonymous, awesome arcade! Right now I only have 1 Immortal so it's pretty easy to keep him occupied, either gardening, in the hot tub, or he maxed Logic because that was one skill I didn't have slotted for anyone else, so right now he's attempting to supermax it even though he's already supermaxed his unique skill, it gives him something to do. Also, he bought a miner at the store so he's mining alot. Or sometimes when I'm busy he will get done with what I told him to do and just stands there talking to himself.  ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4186 on: February 17, 2012, 11:37:55 AM »
Loaded up the backup and so far nobody has 'died'. So far so good.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4187 on: February 17, 2012, 11:42:17 AM »
That's awesome to hear Thomas!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4188 on: February 17, 2012, 12:52:13 PM »
Thomas, I'm so glad.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4189 on: February 17, 2012, 02:44:41 PM »
Glad to hear it!

Metro - Any final ruling about the tree of prosperity?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Mandier

« Reply #4190 on: February 17, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »
My first attempt at a Dynasty is going great. Decide to start over in Appaloosa Plains with my founder Summer. Right now she's married to Kenji with a nooboo on the way. Juanita and Barrington moved in with their son Rodger and they are working hard on the paintings and the sculpture. So far I have not found a camera.

Today I received the wedding gifts from our friends! Sold them all. My sims are no longer poor  ;D

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4191 on: February 18, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »
This is something I have been troubled/working on figuring out to make sure I don't sabotage myself without knowing. Okay, I know before you eat ambrosia you have to have maxed your career and the selected skill (Supermax)...once you've maxed your career, do you have to stay working there or can you retire? Even before eating the ambrosia? Or do you have to stay working up until you eat it? For example, if you max out your Millitary career, reach the top of the career tier...could you technically retire to concentrate on maxing out your selected skill and getting the other stuff done that you need to do to prep for Ambrosia? Like...your lifetime wish and things like that?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4192 on: February 18, 2012, 02:54:16 PM »
My understanding is this.
Say Immortal Candidate #1 reaches the top of the Military Career. He must stay there until he eats Ambrosia. Once he has, he can retire/quit at his leisure and still be able to enjoy Ambrosia.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4193 on: February 18, 2012, 03:01:04 PM »
My understanding is this.
Say Immortal Candidate #1 reaches the top of the Military Career. He must stay there until he eats Ambrosia. Once he has, he can retire/quit at his leisure and still be able to enjoy Ambrosia.

Sorry Seabody but that is incorrect. This is from the rules:

2. Max a career (rabbit-hole, profession, or self-employed). All immortals’ careers must be different from each other. As long as your immortal did max a unique career they do not need to be at level 10 when it’s time to eat Ambrosia—retiring is an option.

So once a targeted imortal reaches level ten of a career he or she can retire.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4194 on: February 18, 2012, 03:38:08 PM »
Okay, @Seabody and @ratchie - Thank you both for your feedback...I do hope I'm understanding this right. You max it, you can retire, even if you haven't devoured any magic jello. Gotcha.  Thank you!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4195 on: February 18, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »
I wouldn't suggest retiring. It can really give your Immortal something to do, and more importantly - get them out of your hair for a while! Maybe have them take unpaid days off work, i think you can take 5 off in one go.   :)

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4196 on: February 18, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »
You see the challenge is it is easier to max out a career than it is to complete some of the more challenging Immortal challenges (Like maxing out a skill...and getting what you need to make Ambrosia...and then learning enough painting to paint the upcoming generation and etc) I've found finding the time to get it done at least with your /first/ generation is challenging. Seeing how expensive properties/businesses are however...I think you might be correct about the whole keeping them working thing so I'll have to figure out how to proceed wisely...thank you for the feedback.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4197 on: February 18, 2012, 05:57:53 PM »
You see the challenge is it is easier to max out a career than it is to complete some of the more challenging Immortal challenges (Like maxing out a skill...and getting what you need to make Ambrosia...and then learning enough painting to paint the upcoming generation and etc) I've found finding the time to get it done at least with your /first/ generation is challenging. Seeing how expensive properties/businesses are however...I think you might be correct about the whole keeping them working thing so I'll have to figure out how to proceed wisely...thank you for the feedback.

Your Founder is always the hardest Immortal to get. I choose the Supermax to go with the Career, that way they link together and one relies on the other to be increase. I choose a Skill that is important for the Dynasty as well. So Gardening, Cooking or Painting. Those are the three starters I've had as my five attempts. The current is painting. I then pick the Spouse early on, give them a Skill to work on or something to do that will aid. Then I also find a friend to move in. Mostly one with a nice car to get the house with good appliances done and a big step towards the property.

That is how I've started each of my Dynasty Attempts where I have reached my first immortal. I then failed for other reasons - a vanishing portrait and a spouse eating ambrosia.

Offline lila711

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4198 on: February 18, 2012, 06:32:28 PM »
Hi  :).
I just started an Immortal Dynasty and created a dog in the beginning. I found a mate for said dog (through adoption), and they just had 3 puppies.
My question is: Am I allowed to place pets up for adoption? I only want to keep 1 of them...
I looked through a lot of posts since pets came out and all I found was information on selling horses, nothing about placing pets up for adoption (but I might be wrong  ;)).

I'm assuming we're not allowed seeing as we can't move mortals out.

I just thought of something else actually... If a mortal child or an animal is taken away by the social worker would that mean failure? Technically they would move out...

Anyway, that is all.
Thanks in advance :).
Nora

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4199 on: February 18, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »
I feel like I as so many questions...I just want to get this right :p Anyhow, when it comes to Opportunities...these are those little pop up boxes that say things like 'Go Eat At A Restaurant' and the like right? Just make sure you're not doing the same 6 for every immortal person...does this mean that once one person does an opportunity, like deliver cookies, no other immortal can do it as well? My head is spinning trying to keep it all separated and clear.