Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3252432 times)

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4110 on: February 05, 2012, 09:07:09 AM »
Thanks, Metro - you rock!

Congrats, Katluvr - another challenge (almost) done!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4111 on: February 07, 2012, 05:30:31 AM »
Congrats Kat! That is so awesome! I'm 7 immortals away from my very first one too Bella!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Frey

« Reply #4112 on: February 07, 2012, 01:28:25 PM »
Congrats Kat! That is so awesome! I'm 7 immortals away from my very first one too Bella!  ;D

I'm 8 immortals away from my first successful dynasty, if that makes you feel better  ;)
Well, my founder is close to eating ambrosia for the first time... but he's not there yet. Hopefully today!

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #4113 on: February 07, 2012, 03:22:37 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words and lots of good luck to everyone who is working on or thinking of working on this challenge! It is my favorite of any I have read about and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great multi-generational game.

I'm happy to report that my 8th generation had her first ambrosia last night!  I've got one last update to post in order to wrap up the loose ends of my story and I still have to calculate the value of my immortal museum pieces.  Woot, so excited! 

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4114 on: February 07, 2012, 03:51:06 PM »
Congratulations again Kat,I totally agree with you the Immortal Dynasty challenge is my absolutly favorite way to play the Sims I would start another one tomorrow if I could. But I am determined to complete a decadynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #4115 on: February 07, 2012, 03:57:50 PM »
Thanks Frey! It would, if this was my first attempt lol. This is my 5th try and now my computer chose to die so I might have to start my 6th whenever it gets fixed, (depending on if the hard drive has to be wiped out or whatever they have to do to fix it) so it's very frustrating! But I am determined to finish one, so I guess no matter how many tries it takes, that's the amount of tries I'm going to do. Congrats Kat, that's so awesome! Rachel, I'm having so many problems with this one there is no way I could do a Deca one! Good luck on finishing it!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4116 on: February 08, 2012, 08:47:27 AM »
Is the cow plant allowed or banned?  Is it only allowed if you don't feed it people and milk it? 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4117 on: February 08, 2012, 09:34:36 AM »
Is the cow plant allowed or banned?  Is it only allowed if you don't feed it people and milk it?

It extends life right? If you have complete control over it and do not extend a Sim's life, then I have no issue with it.

Frey

« Reply #4118 on: February 08, 2012, 12:26:52 PM »
Thanks Frey! It would, if this was my first attempt lol. This is my 5th try and now my computer chose to die so I might have to start my 6th whenever it gets fixed, (depending on if the hard drive has to be wiped out or whatever they have to do to fix it) so it's very frustrating! But I am determined to finish one, so I guess no matter how many tries it takes, that's the amount of tries I'm going to do. Congrats Kat, that's so awesome! Rachel, I'm having so many problems with this one there is no way I could do a Deca one! Good luck on finishing it!

I don't even know how many times I've tried it before... maybe 6 or something like that  ::) No matter how well my game runs, everytime I start a Dynasty it decides to start crashing, or gets bugged, or my computer suddenly dies. Hopefully this time it won't!

Good luck with fixing yours!  :)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #4119 on: February 09, 2012, 12:34:19 AM »
I don't even know how many times I've tried it before... maybe 6 or something like that  ::) No matter how well my game runs, everytime I start a Dynasty it decides to start crashing, or gets bugged, or my computer suddenly dies. Hopefully this time it won't!

Good luck with fixing yours!  :)
Oh wow, I didn't realize that! The first 2 times was an aging bug, third time was a virus and 4th was a travel bug.  ::)

Thanks, he told me tonight my cooling fan and power supply was bad, he replaced them so hopefully I get it back tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #4120 on: February 09, 2012, 05:07:30 AM »
I would love to start this challenge, but to be honest I don't really know when to start. I am going to try it, I guess I need to prepare properly. :P

Edith: In union cove I'm currently using the dynasty lot. I know that in union cove there is a slightly smaller lot, dunno what it is called. Can I use this lot, because the lot I'm using now is giving me horrible lags. Every 15 second my game freezes for about ten seconds, so it's not really playable. This lot is the only one that does that for me.

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4121 on: February 09, 2012, 06:59:53 PM »
Hello everyone! Once again I read all the thread posts through (quite a bit, I must say), making notes. But still I have two more questions to clear.

1. Mummies. It was once ruled:
Can I create a mummy through the sarcophagus and canopic jars as long as I release it into the wild right away?
I don't see why not. Same deal as with Simbots.
-- but what if it's not quite the same? When you summon a mummy with canopic jars, you don't get a choice to keep it or release it. Mummy automatically becomes a playable member of current household. Of course, you can command it to move out right away -- but it's moving out, not releasing; is this allowed? I think we need a clarification.
This question is important, because mummies count for the "Monster Maker" LTW as well as Simbots, so sometimes its summoning makes perfect sense.
I myself prefer to have ability to create a mummy (and move it out immediately) in challenge, but Metro is to decide.

2. Family funds. When players were to bring down their cash by purchasing some decor items and storing them in the family inventory, those with pets (horses) had advantage (basically, more cash). Now we use code "familyFunds 1800". So now 1800 simoleans is for all founders, with or without pets?

English is not my native language, so excuse me if I was not clear enough in my questions.
Thank you very much!

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4122 on: February 09, 2012, 08:16:25 PM »
Just a little question: as sculptures are optional, do we have to include them for every life-stage of every immortal if we do use them? In other words, is it an "include it completely or don't use it it all" kind of thing?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4123 on: February 09, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
You don't have to include them with every stage but people going for the best score tend to go for them for every immortal every life stage because the sculptures count towards the overall museum total and they can be worth a lot.

You get $250 for a cat or dog and $1000 for a horse.   I think the $1800 is for those without pets but the final interpretation is of course Metro's.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Upinde_wa_Mvua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4124 on: February 10, 2012, 01:13:19 AM »
You don't have to include them with every stage but people going for the best score tend to go for them for every immortal every life stage because the sculptures count towards the overall museum total and they can be worth a lot.

Ah, thanks for the answer! However, it doesn't really matter now because I somehow managed to get my founder's wife to complete the skill challenge with a diet of tomatoes and coffee. XD

Oh, and I love your dynasty, by the way! I lurk on the thread. It's in my bookmarks. ;D

anything