Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3252482 times)

Offline Dagger

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3405 on: August 27, 2011, 10:38:24 PM »
So now I can't travel anywhere. any time I try to go to china(tried multiple times), or Eygpyt(tried once) (haven't tried france, because I figured it would be the same thing) The game crashes and says Sims 3 has stopped working.

Any ideas?

I swear if I actually ever make it to the Hall of Fame my answer to what the hardest part was will definitely be "Putting up with The Bugs & Glitches"

Sportsfan

« Reply #3406 on: August 28, 2011, 01:03:45 AM »
Widonja: I doubt it but let's see what Metro says.
Dagger: have you tried clearing your caches? There's a topic about that somewhere here. Use the search function. And search clear caches. It's by moonsareblue.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3407 on: August 28, 2011, 02:06:53 AM »
So - if we can put EA created lots in the game, can we also delete something? (Aiming at the Goth Manor, as it is really big and I could put a club or a loft there)

No, that's not an approved use of Edit Town.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #3408 on: August 28, 2011, 09:59:08 PM »
Widonja: I doubt it but let's see what Metro says.
Dagger: have you tried clearing your caches? There's a topic about that somewhere here. Use the search function. And search clear caches. It's by moonsareblue.
Tried this again to no avail. I'm probably going to give up on this file, which sucks, because I've had a lot of great finds in it.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3409 on: August 28, 2011, 10:34:39 PM »
Have you tried emptying your inventory? Some inventory items can be the cause of some glitches.
Can you travel from other towns? Or does it only crash from the town you are playing?

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #3410 on: August 29, 2011, 10:10:41 AM »
Have you tried emptying your inventory? Some inventory items can be the cause of some glitches.
Can you travel from other towns? Or does it only crash from the town you are playing?

Just my dynasty file.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3411 on: August 30, 2011, 06:57:59 PM »
Here's a topic about the Sculpture Glitch.

Mine main question about the immortal dynasty is - can I reduce her breast size (if that WILL make it better) via testingcheats?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3412 on: August 31, 2011, 07:36:03 AM »
Here's a topic about the Sculpture Glitch.

Mine main question about the immortal dynasty is - can I reduce her breast size (if that WILL make it better) via testingcheats?

Sure, no problem. That's probably the breast solution you've got at this point.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3413 on: August 31, 2011, 07:48:47 AM »
This will probably get fixed in the update that will come with pets... (or is there a new one coming sooner?)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3414 on: August 31, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »
Sure, no problem. That's probably the breast solution you've got at this point.
*groan*

Widonja - I had the same problem with a sim that didn't have large breasts at all.  It was the shirt that caused the issue not the Sim.

edit:  Ok real problem - I went traveling with my Steel family and after waiting like 20 minutes for the game to load in china, I couldn't do anything- none of my sims on the side, no resetSim, nothing.  I can't quit but it will let me go to main menu.  I reloaded the game and it was the same in egypt.  I've tried removing everything from their inventories, made sure they were friends - It's just travel & this isn't a game breaker.  However the fourth time I tried to go back to just to move forward without traveling - the game tried to get me to load a laundromat, put me in edit town mode and every family in Sunset Valley is gone. Every maptag for houses is empty.  I'm going to try something new and do some more rebooting and maybe wait until tomorrow to try again because this has taken all afternoon.  Basically I'm looking for advice, I can't find anything on this.

edit again: Since no one else posted - the game seems to have fixed itself but it was scary as it happened twice then back to normal.  I'm hoping nothing has been corrupted.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #3415 on: September 01, 2011, 05:59:02 PM »
Since no one else posted - the game seems to have fixed itself but it was scary as it happened twice then back to normal.  I'm hoping nothing has been corrupted.
Check your files. If it shows up as {yourgamename}.bad then it is corrupted.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #3416 on: September 02, 2011, 12:59:02 AM »
So now I can't travel anywhere. any time I try to go to china(tried multiple times), or Eygpyt(tried once) (haven't tried france, because I figured it would be the same thing) The game crashes and says Sims 3 has stopped working.

Any ideas?

I swear if I actually ever make it to the Hall of Fame my answer to what the hardest part was will definitely be "Putting up with The Bugs & Glitches"
Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas on this problem?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3417 on: September 02, 2011, 01:01:10 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas on this problem?

I think it would be a good idea for you to make a topic on the Technical Help board for this.  You'll probably get more help there.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3418 on: September 04, 2011, 09:15:24 AM »
I am really worried for my Dynasty. It's been really really laggy, and I mean unbearable and I'm only at Generation 4... So I thought maybe the House is too big? So I deleted all of my Sculptures and Photographs from the Museum, leaving only the Portraits, I then moved all the portraits into the new smaller house I had built, deleted the basement. (The House is practically an empty Lot with a box on it) I then started playing and the lag continued, so I thought I should restart the game, I did and once again the lag was still there. I looked into the Files and it doesn't say my File is bugged, although I have been having Travel/Photography Bugs since Generations. I really don't know what to do?  :-[
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #3419 on: September 04, 2011, 09:24:17 AM »
I am really worried for my Dynasty. It's been really really laggy, and I mean unbearable and I'm only at Generation 4... So I thought maybe the House is too big? So I deleted all of my Sculptures and Photographs from the Museum, leaving only the Portraits, I then moved all the portraits into the new smaller house I had built, deleted the basement. (The House is practically an empty Lot with a box on it) I then started playing and the lag continued, so I thought I should restart the game, I did and once again the lag was still there. I looked into the Files and it doesn't say my File is bugged, although I have been having Travel/Photography Bugs since Generations. I really don't know what to do?  :-[
It's possible that your laggy file is related to a bigger issue of game sluggish-ness. I might be wrong, though.
Maybe try cleaning up your game files and such?
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=463.0

Or you might have to do a whole reinstall?
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=1103.0

Hope this helps!
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy