Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3253069 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3330 on: August 19, 2011, 06:07:29 AM »
So Boarding School is allowed?
And what about the Free Vacation Op?

Yes, I removed the boarding school ban clause after the moving out rule. So, it's simply not mentioned at all — which means it's okay. Same with the Free Vacation Op — it's not banned, so it's obviously okay.

Does everyone feel those two circumstances deserve to be included somewhere just to let players know they are okay?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3331 on: August 19, 2011, 06:23:40 AM »
Yes, I removed the boarding school ban clause after the moving out rule. So, it's simply not mentioned at all — which means it's okay. Same with the Free Vacation Op — it's not banned, so it's obviously okay.

Does everyone feel those two circumstances deserve to be included somewhere just to let players know they are okay?

I think so Metro, less questions to clarify for you.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3332 on: August 19, 2011, 07:34:15 AM »
I would clarify them in the rules it will make life easier in the long run.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #3333 on: August 19, 2011, 08:26:42 AM »
Agreed, especially since conversation has gone both ways on whether they are allowed or not.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3334 on: August 20, 2011, 03:40:43 AM »
I am just wondering what would be considered a suitable work-around for the glitch that stops you from progessing at work? Before the glitch, I used to be able to get to the top of a career in 9 working days (promoted to lvl 10 on the end of the 9th day). It's preventing my sim from reaching lvl 10 of her first career in time for a photo (best in class). Would it be ok to use testing cheats to temporarily switch out one of her traits for 'workaholic' so that she can get the promotion that way? It means my sim spends extra time working (from home) instead of doing other things, so it kind of evens out there. Or, I could start (over) with the workaholic trait, and then use midlife crisis to change 'workaholic' back to friendly once she has reached lvl 10? I know it is generally banned for immortals and immortals to be, but I need to find a way around this glitch :(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3335 on: August 20, 2011, 04:06:47 AM »
I am just wondering what would be considered a suitable work-around for the glitch that stops you from progessing at work? Before the glitch, I used to be able to get to the top of a career in 9 working days (promoted to lvl 10 on the end of the 9th day). It's preventing my sim from reaching lvl 10 of her first career in time for a photo (best in class). Would it be ok to use testing cheats to temporarily switch out one of her traits for 'workaholic' so that she can get the promotion that way? It means my sim spends extra time working (from home) instead of doing other things, so it kind of evens out there. Or, I could start (over) with the workaholic trait, and then use midlife crisis to change 'workaholic' back to friendly once she has reached lvl 10? I know it is generally banned for immortals and immortals to be, but I need to find a way around this glitch :(

How exactly is it a glitch and not variables in the game?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #3336 on: August 20, 2011, 04:21:02 AM »
Chuckles, I'm not sure if getting the 'Workaholic' trait will fix this problem. I can't find anything that says it will fix your glitch, but maybe it would work, because I've never tried. :-\
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3337 on: August 20, 2011, 04:49:38 AM »
It's not a fix, sadly, but a work-around (as I said). Workaholic just means that my sim can work from home in her own time to make up for the time when the game says that she is 'going to work' in the career tab, when she is actually at work, working hard, and all the smilies are bright green big smilies. I haven't pin-pointed if it's specific times of specific careers, because sofar it appears to be on random days, and even when the boss is at work too (although midnight seems to be when performance picks up again in Criminal). There is also a glitch that career performance will drop on a Wednesday, even though the sim can't work. I haven't played other careers since updating, other than criminal and culinary. It has happend in both.

That is only, however, if it will be allowed. It definitely is a glitch. There is a thread on here somewhere about it, and a mention about the Wednesday thing on the wiki.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3338 on: August 20, 2011, 06:34:59 AM »
That is only, however, if it will be allowed. It definitely is a glitch. There is a thread on here somewhere about it, and a mention about the Wednesday thing on the wiki.

Metro can override me, of course, but right now I'm thinking that you'll just have to live with it and take the extra time in the career.  I recall discussion about careers getting a little bonkers when promotions came on certain days of the week that happened to be the new day off, or something similar to that.  But, really, a glitch like that is just part of the game.  You're able to reach level 10 in your career, right?  It just appears to take longer than than it did pre-glitch?  This is such a massive and long term challenge that allowing a change of traits to let your Sim work at home a couple of days doesn't sound like something we'd endorse.  If you can provide links, it would be helpful.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3339 on: August 20, 2011, 07:38:18 AM »
I agree with Pam, Chuckles. From everything I've read about your situation it's more of an annoyance factor going on than a real game breaker. The Criminal career especially is notorious for weird performance meter stuff. But, that doesn't mean I need to allow cheats. It just means things will take a little longer for you.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3340 on: August 20, 2011, 09:17:41 AM »
Ah well. I figured it was hopeful at best. I had to ask though, since some glitches you allow cheats, others, not.

Next question: If someone were to create copies of the nightlife bars to fit in sunset valley lots - player created lots, but made identical on the inside as the EA ones, would we be able to place and use those? Unless someone already has, if you were to allow it, I would be willing to embark on such a project :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3341 on: August 20, 2011, 09:33:47 AM »
I'm fairly certain that's a big no Chuckles.   You helped make the new rules and the new rules specifically say only EA created lots.  That means the whole lot created by EA.  We've all had to deal with skyscrapers not fitting in SV for our dynasties.  It's just a part of the challenges you have to face to finish this.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3342 on: August 20, 2011, 09:44:27 AM »
Eh... I was in a creative mood. I thought people might jump at the idea to have some pre-approved Sunset Valley (or any of the towns really) ready bars - with a 'better late than never' kind of attitude. It's never too late for an adenment ;) Even though I've never been a fan of EA's creations myself, carbon copies of the inside bits would not give players any advantage over those playing Bridgeport. If someone did all the hard work, and uploaded the lots as a package, and they were checked out by Metro or Pam... ah well. Wishful thinking I guess.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #3343 on: August 20, 2011, 10:08:49 AM »
I have not begun a Dynasty (or Legacy, for that matter) because I don't think I could take the pressure of a Normal lifespan.  That said, the idea of such an undertaking intrigues me.  I may start one (or the other or perhaps both!) for my own amusement, but giving myself permission to work on Long.  I know that disqualifies me from being in the Challenge, but it's a cost I'm willing to bear.

All that being said, I have one suggestion for the Rules post, Metro.  I get the impression that you, Pam and Chuckles have combed through the 130+ pages of this thread, culled out the most commonly occurring questions.  You then updated the original post (OP) to reflect the answers.  Thank you all for tackling that massive project!

Would it be possible to add one line to the OP to indicate when it was last edited and through what page?  (("Last edited August 19, 2011 to reflect input through page 127"))  That way, someone, like me, who is considering starting now will know these are the most up-to-date rules and won't have to read all 130+ pages before starting.  Thanks for considering this suggestion!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3344 on: August 20, 2011, 10:29:09 AM »
If someone did all the hard work, and uploaded the lots as a package, and they were checked out by Metro or Pam... ah well. Wishful thinking I guess.

As always...simpler is better. Ea-created only lots.