Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3252949 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3285 on: August 18, 2011, 03:25:49 AM »
I just opened the game, and bought one of them. I told my guy to remove the deathfish, and he went over and did it. The deathfish disappeared from the tank, and did not show up in his inventory. I then told him to remove all fish which he did. There is now 0 fish in the tank and 0 fish in his inventory. So I'm positive no one could buy that to skip needing to fish.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3286 on: August 18, 2011, 04:53:59 AM »
Thanks Esther.  Yeah, I don't think the digital aquarium needs to be banned.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3287 on: August 18, 2011, 07:00:20 AM »
Okay, I'm glad we got that straightened out.

@Widonja and everyone else — make sure you're 100% certain before you start telling me to ban something (i.e. you tested something out and know the details).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3288 on: August 18, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »
The major rewrite of the rules is now finished. A huge thank you to Chuckles_82 for all of the work in accumulating many questions that have been asked over the months. I tried to clarify everything and incorporate all of that.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3289 on: August 18, 2011, 10:28:44 AM »
I've just been looking at the revised rules and I think they look great!  You've incorporated most or all of the questions that tend to come up repeatedly and I think it's all very clear.  The only suggestion I might make relates to this: 
the Nectar Making Vizard of Vine challenge is buggy because the grape count resets if you travel.
  I had trouble in my Dynasty with that challenge as it never did count properly, and it had nothing to do with travel.  What I did (and you allowed) was keep track of the grape count manually and when it reached 450 (the requirement is 400) I gave myself credit for it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3290 on: August 18, 2011, 10:38:26 AM »
I just saw this in the revised rules:
The following 3 items are banned for across the board for non-immortals and only pre-Ambrosia for immortals

Don't you mean post ambrosia for immortals.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3291 on: August 18, 2011, 10:44:24 AM »
I just saw this in the revised rules:
The following 3 items are banned for across the board for non-immortals and only pre-Ambrosia for immortals

Don't you mean post ambrosia for immortals.

Rachel

No, I've just reread that part and it's correct.  The life-extending things like tattoos, etc, are banned before the heir becomes immortal.  After they've eaten ambrosia, they can get a tattoo or the other things if desired.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3292 on: August 18, 2011, 10:49:43 AM »
Your right it just didn't read right to me at first. Never mind me having a bad brain moment back to your regularly scheduled programing.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3293 on: August 18, 2011, 10:56:35 AM »
Okay, Schip, thanks. I'll note that on that skill challenge.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #3294 on: August 18, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »
Metro, remember how I said about the Young Again potion a few days ago? Perhaps it would be nice if post-Ambrosia immortals were allowed one Young Again potion if so desired, to give them back their youth?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3295 on: August 18, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
Carlos, the concept of this challenge is to make sure your immortal eats Ambrosia thus escaping death during the whole duration of the challenge. If they become YAs again they won't be needing the Ambrosia for at least a while.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #3296 on: August 18, 2011, 11:30:25 AM »
Carlos, the concept of this challenge is to make sure your immortal eats Ambrosia thus escaping death during the whole duration of the challenge. If they become YAs again they won't be needing the Ambrosia for at least a while.

How about if they failed if they reached Adult after drinking the potion? That makes it fair.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3297 on: August 18, 2011, 11:38:56 AM »
How about if they failed if they reached Adult after drinking the potion? That makes it fair.

I don't know what Metro will say but knowing that he wants all challenges to be simpler I'd say that your suggestion will make the whole thing even more complicated... Just saying though.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3298 on: August 18, 2011, 11:44:33 AM »
Metro, remember how I said about the Young Again potion a few days ago? Perhaps it would be nice if post-Ambrosia immortals were allowed one Young Again potion if so desired, to give them back their youth?

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think it belongs in this Challenge.  My reasoning is that it would be a significant change in the rules.  You'd be allowing later players with Generations to have an option not available to those of us who did our Dynasties earlier.  I think if someone really wants to see their Dynasty members younger, they should wait until all 8 Immortals have completed their Dynasty requirements and eaten Ambrosia.  Then, once you're off the clock, so to speak, if you want to rejuvenate them, you can.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3299 on: August 18, 2011, 12:31:09 PM »

No. It's all about the Ambrosia and the Elder stage. Immortals are not supposed to be Young Adults in this event.

anything