Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3252872 times)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3255 on: August 16, 2011, 08:59:46 PM »
I think I might have to start my dynasty over... again. I just reread the rules and it said that an nonimmortal can adopt if they want to. Here is what I did. Adam and Mary had a little girl Brianna. She is the heir. Then Adam rolled a want to have another child by giving birth or adopting. I thought why not adopt? I won't be using adoption for a heir which I know is not alowed and lots of people are adding multiple people to their households (ie adding Agnes and marrying someone) what is the difference if I added another sim but by adoption? Thanks for the answer.
I think you would be ok? I'm really not sure. The rules say targeted immortals must be naturally born, but don't say anything about spares. Good question. -gets out megaphone- Metro, you're needed on isle 131!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #3256 on: August 16, 2011, 09:08:25 PM »
I also think you would be ok as long as the heir was naturally born. TallStar, funny! Ya think he heard you?  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #3257 on: August 16, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
-gets out megaphone- Metro, you're needed on isle 131!

I love it. Thanks I don't want to play until I know this because I don't want to start over unless I have too. I'm going to wait until Metro makes it to this side of the forum.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3258 on: August 16, 2011, 10:06:37 PM »
I think I might have to start my dynasty over... again. I just reread the rules and it said that an nonimmortal can adopt if they want to. Here is what I did. Adam and Mary had a little girl Brianna. She is the heir. Then Adam rolled a want to have another child by giving birth or adopting. I thought why not adopt? I won't be using adoption for a heir which I know is not alowed...

Correct. Heirs must result from natural pregnancy. But, since the adopted child will not be an heir, you're fine.

Oh, and Tallstar, the megaphone was a good idea because I actually heard the message while I was taking a shower and decided to log on.

Offline Xanatos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3259 on: August 16, 2011, 10:29:41 PM »
I think I will switch my first generations career to cooking. Thanks for the great tip.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #3260 on: August 17, 2011, 12:32:48 AM »
Correct. Heirs must result from natural pregnancy. But, since the adopted child will not be an heir, you're fine.

Oh, and Tallstar, the megaphone was a good idea because I actually heard the message while I was taking a shower and decided to log on.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3261 on: August 17, 2011, 07:46:30 AM »
I just received the FAQ PM from Pam and Chuckles_82. My thanks to both of you. It's a very long list, so before I publish anything and make a new sticky I want to try and shorten the list by going over the existing rules. This will take a little while so be patient.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3262 on: August 17, 2011, 12:45:52 PM »
I suggest banning 'wall installed digital fishiness display', as it provides you with a deathfish for only 750§...

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3263 on: August 17, 2011, 01:10:46 PM »
I suggest banning 'wall installed digital fishiness display', as it provides you with a deathfish for only 750§...

Wow. I honestly had no idea on that one. That would completely eliminate the need for someone to get a high level of fishing. Thanks for the heads up. I'm working on the rules now and hope to post a revised set in the next day or two. I plan on covering everything that Chuckles_82 sent Pam from the 2 separate FAQ PMs in this revised rule set. So, I want everyone to carefully read the rule set and if you still feel the need for an additional FAQ sticky, then we can do it.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3264 on: August 17, 2011, 01:59:14 PM »
What's that and how do I get it?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3265 on: August 17, 2011, 02:05:15 PM »
It came with LN and is a Window and a Hobby/Skill Item, it is a Digital Screen of a Fish Tank, but Metro just banned it for the Dynasty.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3266 on: August 17, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »
What's that and how do I get it?

It's an aquarium that can be found in the Build mode, windows section, comes with Late Night. Has a variety of fish in it, including deathfish as mentioned.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #3267 on: August 17, 2011, 02:45:55 PM »
It's an aquarium that can be found in the Build mode, windows section, comes with Late Night. Has a variety of fish in it, including deathfish as mentioned.
Darn, if only I'd known that sooner!  ;)
And yes, I always keep a megaphone handy. Never know when you're gonna need it.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3268 on: August 17, 2011, 02:47:27 PM »
Darn, if only I'd known that sooner!  ;)
Metro just banned it, so probably a good thing you didn't know about it sooner.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3269 on: August 17, 2011, 02:48:16 PM »
Metro just banned it, so probably a good thing you didn't know about it sooner.

Why? She could use the exploit before Metro banned it. :P
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa