Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3253076 times)

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3135 on: August 10, 2011, 04:07:24 AM »
The "decorative" cars driving around the town are deleted when you exit the save. When you reload, they'll be spawned again, a bit more every Sim day. So, whenever you find that your game is lagging, save, exit and reload.

Another big cause of lag is some mistakes in the routing of the worlds. They are many of those, around 10-20/world, and the situation is getting worst with every update of the code (EP, SP, patch). The only thing you can do is to reset all your Sims by typing

resetsim *

in the command line. This will send everybody back home.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3136 on: August 10, 2011, 05:08:21 AM »
Thanks for that Bella :) I didn't know the cars refreshed when you reloaded the game. As for the resetsim * It helps a bit, but I've heard that when it sends the travellers home, more are spawned, thus making your save file bigger and bigger each time you do it. You are right on with the lots though. There are a couple of specific ones in China that are making it so bad, so if you go there and delete the stuck sims it's easier than resetting everyone. Otherwise your active sims will take forever to get a full night's sleep!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #3137 on: August 10, 2011, 05:36:30 AM »
As for the resetsim * It helps a bit, but I've heard that when it sends the travellers home, more are spawned, thus making your save file bigger and bigger each time you do it.
That's quite possible indeed, too bad. The best thing is to avoid traveling whenever you can. Yet, if you really want or need to visit those destinations, then better use a very efficient strategy and stealthy movements:

• Moodlet manager is required to work round the clock, whether exploring or skilling. More than one if you send several Sims.
  • If the vacation is only for skilling, don't let your Sims out, keep them well hidden in their home.
  • To reach visa 3 and grab a home asap, use the powerful combo adventurer trait + the opportunistic reward, and train your explorer beforehand in athletism, handiness, charisma, and maybe martial art.
  • Have a fast car or better, a teleportation pad if you already have the home, and ninja vanish potions are always useful. Try to avoid walking in the open as much as possible.
  • Avoid mixing too many Sims and too many different goals in the same vacation.
  • And don't talk to the locals, phone home if your Sim is really low on social need.
  • Save often (before, during and after the vacation) but use the save as option, so that you have restore/back up points.

;)
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3138 on: August 10, 2011, 06:23:12 AM »
Good tips, Bella! I have one more advice... If you do want a vacation home and it doesn't matter in which destination, I say go for France. There are a lot of non-adventure opportunities there, which get your Visa level up really quickly without exploring tombs. Saves time. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3139 on: August 10, 2011, 06:12:50 PM »
Also avoid turning your music on :( Sims try to come and dance with you. Fortunately it didn't effect my first attempt at another challenge (upgrade challenge) until right until the end of my last trip to China. However on every subsequent trip it's been on the first night.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3140 on: August 10, 2011, 06:38:37 PM »
Another question from moi, are IFs counting as Best Friends?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3141 on: August 10, 2011, 07:59:26 PM »
Another question from moi, are IFs counting as Best Friends?

Yes, that's fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3142 on: August 10, 2011, 08:05:05 PM »
Thank you. And cars too right?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3143 on: August 10, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »

Offline Orange Iguana

• Laziness Leads to Brilliance
  • Occult
« Reply #3144 on: August 10, 2011, 10:43:04 PM »
One quick question

If I choose to have one of the immortals unique LTRs be an item (example: Moodlet Manager), can I have him repeatedly buy the same LTR once he's reached immortality so that everyone else can have their own? My first generation immortal picked the Motive Mobile as one of his unique LTRs and has bought like 5 of them so far (after getting his two other LTRs for immortality of course)

Sportsfan

« Reply #3145 on: August 10, 2011, 10:48:49 PM »
One quick question

If I choose to have one of the immortals unique LTRs be an item (example: Moodlet Manager), can I have him repeatedly buy the same LTR once he's reached immortality so that everyone else can have their own? My first generation immortal picked the Motive Mobile as one of his unique LTRs and has bought like 5 of them so far (after getting his two other LTRs for immortality of course)
I wanted to ask something similar to that. If a spouse gets a moodlet manager can she give it to one of the immortals without that being taken away from what the others have to choose from for their unique?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3146 on: August 10, 2011, 11:22:46 PM »
One quick question

Well, strictly speaking, you're fine. The rules state that the 3 LTR needed by each immortal must be ones that other immortals do not purchase. So, you're essentially giving them the benefit of the LTR by having one Sim buy them all. I can live with that.  ;)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #3147 on: August 11, 2011, 06:16:12 AM »
Would you be allowed to have every Immortal have Steel Bladder and their 3 unique ones?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3148 on: August 11, 2011, 07:25:45 AM »
Would you be allowed to have every Immortal have Steel Bladder and their 3 unique ones?

If Steel Bladder is NOT a unique LTR for one immortal, then as many immortals can purchase it as you want.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3149 on: August 11, 2011, 09:47:04 AM »
Hi Metro, would it be worth having an Immortal Dynasty FAQ closed thread where all the questions and clarifications are compiled? There's a lot of chit-chat to sift through, so as I read I am seeing certain questions tending to be repeated (sorry if I'm one of them!). I know you didn't want something separate when it was 30 or so pages, but now it's a whole lot longer...