Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3253056 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3105 on: August 04, 2011, 11:09:05 AM »
My sims can't travel abroad after the 1.24 patch, all I get is an empty UI without family (I didn't save hoping I'm ok with it). There is a workaround for it but I need to use Edit Town to do it. The procedure is to change active household then save the game and to change the active household back to original again. For some reason this fixes the problem. Just asking if I can use this workaround to solve the problem? Or do I need to accomodate and supermax those skills I can do without traveling? I'm still on 3rd generation so starting over could be an answer as well since the new families created after the patch can travel.

I'll leave it up to you. I'll sign off on the Edit Town fix or you can start over if you wish. That might be the best option because you'll likely run into this issue again unless you start a fresh file.

Offline Serena Darrin

• Immortal
  • Back to School
« Reply #3106 on: August 04, 2011, 04:35:33 PM »
My sims can't travel abroad after the 1.24 patch, all I get is an empty UI without family (I didn't save hoping I'm ok with it). There is a  for it but I need to use Edit Town to do it. The procedure is to change active household then save the game and to change the active household back to original again. For some reason this fixes the problem. Just asking if I can use this workaround to solve the problem? Or do I need to accomodate and supermax those skills I can do without traveling? I'm still on 3rd generation so starting over could be an answer as well since the new families created after the patch can travel.

I posted another workaround that doesn't need edit town here. I found that from the official forums. See if that helps you out. It helped me when I could not travel.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3107 on: August 04, 2011, 08:15:10 PM »
Just a question about the opportunity 'Networking is key': Does it count only once or once for each different sim that you have to befriend (since the opportunity changes). In that case, can it be a black opp for 2 different sims, since they are befriending two different people?

It's the name (the title) of the opportunity that matters, so Networking is Key is always the same opp', whoever is the target to befriend.

To check the title of the opp', go to the opportunity panel and hover your move over the little icon of the opp' (in career, skill or special slot).

BUT I just found this (slowly reading through the whole thread)

My Founder who is in the Culinary Career has already completed an opportunity called Learn a Recipe in which he learned Ratatouille.  Just recently he got another opportunity called Learn a Recipe in which he can learn Fish & Chips.  Do these count as 1 opportunity because they have the same name, or can I count them as 2?

@Aria, I think it's okay to count them as 2 opportunities even though they have the same name. The important thing is if these are going to be BlackOps then no one else can claim them.

Which is the case? I'm only about a tenth of the way through the thread, so if it changed inbetween Aria's question and mine, my apologies.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3108 on: August 04, 2011, 08:50:16 PM »
Can I kill off sims that aren't a part of my household? Because a sim just robbed my family's house and I would really like to make her pay.
I think you missed my question. Metro, can I kill this sim that's not a part of my household? They robbed my house twice now and I really hate them.  >:(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3109 on: August 04, 2011, 10:00:33 PM »
I think you missed my question. Metro, can I kill this sim that's not a part of my household? They robbed my house twice now and I really hate them.  >:(

Metro can override me, of course, but I say no.  We don't allow killing of Sims in any of the challenges.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #3110 on: August 04, 2011, 10:16:03 PM »
Now I just have to work out who my founder's spares will be. I'll need one for painting, one for sculpting, and one for photography and then taking care of the kids (since they won't need to be taking photos all the time, unlike the other two).

You don't need a spare for each one.
If you start with a male founder, you can marry Agnes Crumplebottom (for money, painting, child rearing). Then move in one other person for photography and sculpting.
Or I've also seen people marry one sim, move in Agnes and let her get married, then both couples have a child.
But there are other possibilities too. I just don't really see the point in moving in so many sims when 2 sims can both multi-task.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3111 on: August 04, 2011, 11:15:33 PM »
Well it's quite easy to move in several sims in one go without having to befriend them all. Befriend one from a household of several people, then pick the people from that household to go with them when they move in. The point of having more than one is to increase the value of paintings and sculptures. If the only thing (besides meeting needs, and not even that after you gain the moodlet manager) they do is paint, then the value of their paintings goes up and up and up, and likewise for the sculptures. Photography not so, but that way you have someone to take care of the cleaning and looking after kids, if you have any, once photography is maxed. Not only that, it's a tight squeeze to get the sculpting achievements before your founder's first birthday.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3112 on: August 05, 2011, 12:27:08 AM »
Just be careful about not adding too many Sims to the household.  You run the risk of not having an open slot for the next generation if you don't manage it all very carefully.  Even having twins after the 2nd generation can throw a wrench in the works.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3113 on: August 05, 2011, 01:01:50 AM »
No worries there :) my founder is male, and I intend on letting my current spares live out their life before even thinking about bringing in the next generation. Is there a time limit on how long it takes to complete the challenge? Given that they are immortal, it could conceivably go for as long as you like (though I mostly get bored by the 3rd generation of any challenge anyway. One day I'll make it all the way to the end).

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3114 on: August 05, 2011, 03:39:15 AM »
Or I've also seen people marry one sim, move in Agnes and let her get married, then both couples have a child.

I'm guilty of that. Shannon Jade married Hank Goddard, Agnes moved in and married Chris Steel. Both couples had a child, a Boy for the Heir and a Girl for Agnes, the Boy and Girl then married and had twins.  ::)

Just be careful about not adding too many Sims to the household.  You run the risk of not having an open slot for the next generation if you don't manage it all very carefully.  Even having twins after the 2nd generation can throw a wrench in the works.

For my Fifth Generation the Father of the Fourth Generation is going to have to die, which is why I made sure for my Fourth to be a Boy, just in case he turns elder before his Father dies. When his Grandmother dies that will let the Spouse move in, or become real (I have an Insane Doctor who will marry an imaginary girl, Lol) and then let Tris supermax logic and Medical, because I want to concentrate on those because I've never done them before.

Is there a time limit on how long it takes to complete the challenge?

There isn't a time limit for the Dynasty Challenges.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3115 on: August 05, 2011, 03:42:26 AM »
...and then let Tris supermax logic and Medical, because I want to concentrate on those because I've never done them before.

As Pam noted in an above post, supermax Logic in a foreign location, if it's possible. I believe you said that China is borked for you, but there is always Egypt and France, no? Think about that. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3116 on: August 05, 2011, 03:45:20 AM »
As Pam noted in an above post, supermax Logic in a foreign location, if it's possible. I believe you said that China is borked for you, but there is always Egypt and France, no? Think about that. ;)

I don't have a holiday home in Egypt/France. It could be worth a try though, even though China is by far the Epicest Location.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3117 on: August 05, 2011, 06:51:57 AM »
BUT I just found this (slowly reading through the whole thread)

Which is the case? I'm only about a tenth of the way through the thread, so if it changed inbetween Aria's question and mine, my apologies.

Chuckles — I can see where my old quote to Aria would be confusing. Sorry about that — that was my bad. BlackOps always have to have different named titles. So, Learn a Recipe where the goal is to make x and Learn a Recipe where the goal is to make y is still Learn a Recipe and can't count as two separate ops.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3118 on: August 05, 2011, 08:00:14 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up Metro :) With 125 pages there's bound to be some mix-ups somewhere! I like all the tips you've posted so far too - my play style seems to be similar to yours from what I've read. Of course, I've still got a lot more to read (I know I don't have to, but I'm enjoying learning a few new tid-bits)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #3119 on: August 05, 2011, 08:21:31 AM »
Chuckles I think there might be a small increase in base value of a sim ice sculptur since whenever my sculptor starts with them for each life stage the value does seem to slowly go up but that is only for regular quality ones the value of brilliand and masterpieces seems about the same for all of sims...

anything