Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3252454 times)

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2670 on: June 04, 2011, 08:24:58 PM »
Oh, I love nooboos and toddlers so that's why I was thinking about it.  :D

Offline accioxheart

• Nooboo
« Reply #2671 on: June 05, 2011, 01:26:34 AM »
Quick question before I do it. This is not stated as against the initial dynasty rules and throughout reading other dynasties no one has done it yet but I haven't read in here a reason against it. I have two separate families in my household. Two townies in my household got married and had a child. My founder married a townie and had a child. Can my gen 2 immortal marry the offspring of my two townies currently living in my house? He was born naturally the only difference being I actually am raising him, however he is still technically the child of two townies. It's not specifically against the rules to do this, but I just wanted to double check before I do it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2672 on: June 05, 2011, 01:30:43 AM »
I'm almost certain they can. I've seen that happen in dynasties.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2673 on: June 05, 2011, 03:35:42 AM »
Quick question before I do it. This is not stated as against the initial dynasty rules and throughout reading other dynasties no one has done it yet but I haven't read in here a reason against it. I have two separate families in my household. Two townies in my household got married and had a child. My founder married a townie and had a child. Can my gen 2 immortal marry the offspring of my two townies currently living in my house? He was born naturally the only difference being I actually am raising him, however he is still technically the child of two townies. It's not specifically against the rules to do this, but I just wanted to double check before I do it.

This came up not long ago and Metro ruled that it's fine as long as all rules are followed, primarily that nobody can move out of the Dynasty house.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2674 on: June 05, 2011, 04:12:44 AM »
Yeah I did that in my Dynasty.

I almost ended my Dynasty Last Night by forgetting the Ambrosia and remembered on Shannons 90th day! Phew!

Also Metro/Pam are the new Generations Club Opps allowed for black opps, I asked earlier but edited my post for it. Sorry if you answered and my Mobile hasn't shown it!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2675 on: June 05, 2011, 04:19:41 AM »
Also Metro/Pam are the new Generations Club Opps allowed for black opps, I asked earlier but edited my post for it. Sorry if you answered and my Mobile hasn't shown it!

I haven't seen the Club Opps yet.  What exactly are they?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2676 on: June 05, 2011, 04:30:03 AM »
My Twins both enrolled in some Clubs. Tia enrolled in the Sports Club and Megan went for the Art Club, they both got Opportunities to do competitions, Megan had a Art Marathon thing and Tia had a Sports Event thing. They both got some items for it. Megan got a painting of a Bear eating a Muffin/Cupcake that had fallen from a Muffin Tree, Tia got a Signed Shirt in a frame. Both of these items are in the Buydebug as well. They just had to go to the School for it. Stupidly I forgot the names of both and no one seems to know it in the thread I asked the names of, I guess I'll find it soon! They hadn't been at the Clubs for long either.

EDIT for a new Question:

Can we age Townies with the Birthday Cake or not? Megan's Boyfriend is still a teen and is going to be for a while. It's okay if we can't.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2677 on: June 05, 2011, 04:34:21 AM »
I'm sure Metro will want to respond, but I think the Club opportunities should be allowed.  They are very similar to school opportunities and the adult career opportunities.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #2678 on: June 05, 2011, 04:36:10 AM »
While we're on opportunities. Would the scavenger hunts that kids can do count as opportunities?
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2679 on: June 05, 2011, 04:47:12 AM »
I'm sure Metro will want to respond, but I think the Club opportunities should be allowed.  They are very similar to school opportunities and the adult career opportunities.

Okay thanks Pam. Also I thought of another thing, What about those events when the Adults 'win' that trip and the teens are left home alone? I haven't had it in my Dynasty yet but I've had it another game, the Adults Pictures grey out and you can't select them or anything but there is no space in the Household opened while they are gone for 2 Days I think. Also did you mean for Metro to answer my other Question as well from above where I edited it?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2680 on: June 05, 2011, 05:17:41 AM »
The rules state that birthday cakes can only be used on a Sim's actual birthday.  It doesn't specify that the rule is only for the Dynasty house.  So, I'd say no to using birthday cake outside the household because you can't know when that Sim's birthday is.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2681 on: June 05, 2011, 05:24:51 AM »
Okay thanks Pam.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2682 on: June 05, 2011, 08:20:25 AM »

That's good enough for me then. I have not seen them in the game yet, but the acid test is if the acceptance of the event actually results in the description landing in an opportunity slot (career/skill/special).

While we're on opportunities. Would the scavenger hunts that kids can do count as opportunities?

I have no idea. How does the game treat them? Again, the real test is if when you accept the initial offer and then you would see the offer float down to the Opportunity tab.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2683 on: June 05, 2011, 08:45:00 AM »
That's good enough for me then. I have not seen them in the game yet, but the acid test is if the acceptance of the event actually results in the description landing in an opportunity slot (career/skill/special).

They did appear in the Opportunity Tab but I can't remember which, it might have been Special.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #2684 on: June 05, 2011, 04:44:18 PM »
With Generations installed, am I allowed to give my Sim the Age Freezing and Young Again LTR?