Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251141 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8145 on: May 28, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »
Ok. She maxed logic in the playpen, and while making the potions as a child. She did most of the chess tournament in China. She was okay with the tutor sims in skills challenge. In this game this is the first time I've done it. At first I thought the child I was working with, Caspian a household member, was an A student and had maxed logic himself, so I tried with at least two different paper kids to no avail. I have other sims (non-immortals) who have logic, so I'll try with them and see if it effects the whole game. I don't have an earlier save. In my practice games I've managed to max logic, they were pre-Supernatural. If all else fails, I can just find her another skill to Supermax.

You may have to.  I'm wondering if it's because you maxed it as a child before the tutor action is actually available.  I almost never start a skill before YA unless I need it and I definitely don't max it before YA.   I had major issues with three different immortals in the Grim Family because of it.  I figured it out later unfortunately.

I'll see if I can run a test to see if I can do it after maxing as a child.

Two of my sims in my immortal dynasty have become unresponsive. Their portraits are blank and I cannot select them. The two sims appear on the screen, but they are stuck and cannot be interacted with by other sims. It is like they don't exist. I have tried resetting them but nothing happens. I also went back several saves only to discover that they were hit by the same bug in all of them. One of the spouses who had died also seemed to suffer from it in the earlier saves before he died.

I tried (in a old save to make sure I didn't break dynasty rules) to move the affected sims out and back via the edit town but that didn't make any difference.

Are there any other options I could try? I would really hate to loose this dynasty :(

My favorite Sims 3 help blog says to change active families and move the family back in and out.

What worked for me last time was splitting the household sending the affected Sims to another household.  Then asking them to move back in.

I've also had this issue with certain outfits too where I just had to have the Sim change outfits to come back but if you can make them do this I would try the split household.  Is it one of your heirs/immortals that are affected?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pernille

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8146 on: May 29, 2013, 02:17:18 AM »
Pernille, I've had that issue and have managed to sort of fix it, but I don't recommend trying this without challenge board approval.  When it happened to me it was a regular file, not a challenge file.

What I did was move the family out to an empty lot and save them to the library.  Then I saved a copy of the now-empty house to the library.  I then bulldozed the house, so it was an empty residential lot.  I also bulldozed the family, removing them from town.  Then I placed the copy of the house on the lot and the copy of the family in the house.  If everything worked out properly the family still had all of their things, relationships, jobs, etc.

To be honest I had this happen frequently in an older patch/expansion version of the game, and it generally came from travel and it generally meant the game was already a little corrupted.  There were times where I could fix the file, and times where the fix was temporary and the issues slowly started happening again.  Hopefully what you're experiencing isn't this and you're able to fix your dynasty and carry on.  Best of luck!

Thank you for taking the time to make a reply! if I don't find any other way I might try this and just play an unofficial dynasty.

My favorite Sims 3 help blog says to change active families and move the family back in and out.

What worked for me last time was splitting the household sending the affected Sims to another household.  Then asking them to move back in.

I've also had this issue with certain outfits too where I just had to have the Sim change outfits to come back but if you can make them do this I would try the split household.  Is it one of your heirs/immortals that are affected?

It is my founder and the spouse of generation 3 who are affected in the latest save. The thing that really baffles me is that in saves that I have previously played without problems (meaning I have loaded from that save before without issues), my founder also is unresponsive as well as sims that I haven't had any problems with at the time I played the save (ex. generation 2s spouse). I have no idea how that is possible.

I cannot select them at all, so I'll go on and try and split the household and see if that works.

Thank you for the advice:)

ETA:
My founder has travelled but that was when gen 2 was YA and she hasn't travelled since. Gen 3's spouse hasn't travelled at all. I have used the relationship changer heavily (though not to change relationships between the founder and gen 3) so I don't know if that has made them appear twice in any relationship panels and therefore made the game file break. I cannot select them so I can't see their relationship panels.

I tried changing active families: no difference
Move them out and back in edit town: no difference
Send them out using the move out option: they disappeared but I could not use buy mode since the game thought the moving still was in progress even a sim day after they moved out = didn't work
Split the households in edit town and made the affected sims merge with Martin Grundgrabses family. Their portraits are still missing from the relationship panels. Befriended Martin and tried to make household visit. When the household screen came up no sims were present and I therefor couldn't invite them. I didn't see the sims either when I visited the household = didn't work.

Am I allowed to try and make a copy of the family and the house to the sim bin, delete the bugged house and then replace it as Vinyl suggested?

ETA 2:

I tried Vinyl's suggestion and it worked, but now all the portraits were missing. The photographs and sculptures were intact but the most important part, portraits, were missing. Typical. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8147 on: May 29, 2013, 11:47:08 AM »
Yeah that's why I was going to tell you to not move the house.  Unfortunately that does kill the museum. 

Try it again but this time put the entire museum in the family inventory. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pernille

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8148 on: May 29, 2013, 02:46:07 PM »
I placed the portraits in their inventory before making a copy and everything is working almost fine now - for some strange reason the adults cannot interact with anything in which they can yahoo (showers, photo booth and the large wardrobe) but compared to before that is a minor detail I don't mind living with since they can still try for a child using the romantic interactions and bathe in bathtubs.

Thank you very much for the help Ricalynn (and Vinyl)! I'm extremely thankful for not having to start all over and loose the family I have grown attached too:)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8149 on: May 29, 2013, 05:24:38 PM »
With the release of Dragon Valley on May 30th, all players of the dynasty challenges are asked to refrain from using any of it's content until the challenge board team has had time to review what is being released. 

If you want to explore the new content, that is what a new game is for.   Dynasties are not allowed to be started in this world until after the go ahead is given.   That means don't start one saying "Oh they'll approve it of course.  I just won't post until they do."

Remember the challenge team is made up of people, too.   Two out of three have children of their own while the other one's job centers around children.  We have families and we would like to play some ourselves while still making sure you guys have all the information you need.   Just like with University Life, we will get back to everyone as soon as is possible with our three schedules.   This material is not banned infinitely.  Just for now.

Thank you.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #8150 on: May 29, 2013, 07:04:27 PM »
I've been struggling with the same issue as Pernille. Evan is just permanently broke, and now the family dog is going in and out too--which makes me seriously worried about the long term stability of the file. I've tried to find a solution by messing around in a copy of the file, but nothing is working. The copying the household to the library and placing a new version down might work, but it would destroy all of the family relationships with the town (Evan wouldn't recognize his kids as being his, etc.). Plus when I tried it just now it crashed game. I think what I'd like to do is seek permission to go back through my prior saves, figure out where the glitch begins, and just re-play the challenge from the most recent "good" save, provided one exists. I don't have access to my prior saves right now (although I will this weekend) but it might mean having to replay most or half of Gen 3's teen years. Would this be an acceptable solution?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8151 on: May 29, 2013, 07:06:19 PM »
That's acceptable.   Pernille said she couldn't find one where someone wasn't glitched so we went with Edit Town.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #8152 on: May 30, 2013, 05:35:45 PM »
 If I wanted my sim to marry a ghost from the cemetery I cannot bring him back to life? Can someone please clarify?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8153 on: May 30, 2013, 05:38:29 PM »
You can bring a ghost back to life as long as they were dead before you placed your founder, and they can be resurrected by any of the four approved methods (Oh My Ghost, genie wish, Philosopher's Stone, and the reanimation spell. The first two were very recently approved). Which is what I assume you meant by one from the cemetery.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #8154 on: May 30, 2013, 05:44:28 PM »
Thank you Trip! I was going to bring back the tragic clown and use him as a spouse but I didn't know if I could resurrect him without making my dynasty ineligible for the HoF.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #8155 on: May 30, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »
There is a current running dynasty that uses Tragic Clown as a founder spouse.

By samoht04

Offline Fuzzle139

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8156 on: May 31, 2013, 02:41:58 PM »
With the release of Dragon Valley on May 30th, all players of the dynasty challenges are asked to refrain from using any of it's content until the challenge board team has had time to review what is being released. 

If you want to explore the new content, that is what a new game is for.   Dynasties are not allowed to be started in this world until after the go ahead is given.   That means don't start one saying "Oh they'll approve it of course.  I just won't post until they do."

Remember the challenge team is made up of people, too.   Two out of three have children of their own while the other one's job centers around children.  We have families and we would like to play some ourselves while still making sure you guys have all the information you need.   Just like with University Life, we will get back to everyone as soon as is possible with our three schedules.   This material is not banned infinitely.  Just for now.

Thank you.

Well, this saved me from asking the question that I was about to. xD I shall explore Dragon Valley and gather useful information for a dynasty then, instead of starting one. Muahahahaha!

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8157 on: May 31, 2013, 03:32:16 PM »
I think I did something silly while building just now although I have no idea how it happened I did some alterations in the house then took the young adult picture of gen 4 and started on his painting, gen 3 was in the bathroom complaining and when I went to see what about the door had gone and he was stuck in there, odd but I just replaced it, so I went to put the just taken photograph with the others and realised I have also lost 6 pictures from the lower basement where the museum is  :o

It's two floors down from where I did something in the garden so how did that happen and the door was nowhere near it either, all portraits are intact though so do I just suck it up and lose the photos and carry on or can I go back before I did the alterations?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8158 on: May 31, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
Double check they are there before the alterations before we say go back. 

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8159 on: May 31, 2013, 03:50:44 PM »
Okay just loaded my previous save and they are all there, so it would seem something went wrong when I was building, I'd guess the sledgehammer but two floors down from where I was seems a bit much.