Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251276 times)

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8055 on: May 18, 2013, 11:16:06 PM »
:)

Also another question, I've searched for this but couldn't find the answer. My founder is a cook and I want to make and store a horde of ambrosia, life fruit and deadfish. How to store them? I've read that ambrosia can be stored in the nectar cabinet but what about life fruit and death fish?

To "store" deathfish the best option is to make a hole in your lot, and put on it 10 death fish. Then you can fish one every time you need it and the pond will never get empty of fish.

If you have Uni, you can put a single death fish in a fishbowl (you must feed it to keep alive) and take adn samples to "copy" it in the science machine. Taking sample is a matter of few minutes but the cloning take an hour and you need a sim with high science skill. You can do the adn sample and "copy" with life fruit also.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #8056 on: May 19, 2013, 01:34:11 AM »
To "store" deathfish the best option is to make a hole in your lot, and put on it 10 death fish. Then you can fish one every time you need it and the pond will never get empty of fish.

Just don't forget that the home ponds freeze over in winter and some of Spring/Autumn as well and that when they're frozen over you can't fish from your home ponds.

If you have Uni, you can put a single death fish in a fishbowl (you must feed it to keep alive) and take adn samples to "copy" it in the science machine. Taking sample is a matter of few minutes but the cloning take an hour and you need a sim with high science skill. You can do the adn sample and "copy" with life fruit also.

Also, don't forget with this, the life fruit that you clone has to be grown by you, not purchased/found elsewhere.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #8057 on: May 19, 2013, 05:40:37 AM »

The first option requires the fisher to be L10 fishing skill. My fisherman is long dead.

I use the Hydro Fission Aquarium from the store. It can accommodate max 6 fish at a time and fish can breeed upto the maximum. What I do, is to have two tanks and let them breed. I find this quite effective as I can go on having deadfish without the fisherman.

I need to store deadfish because having more aquariums will take up space and I'm trying to keep stuff at a minimal (though I've not been too successful there lol!)

Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #8058 on: May 19, 2013, 02:55:09 PM »

I'm having a technical issue and not sure what to do about. Evan (a spare) has become . . . non-functional. I can't click on him or in anyway control him, although he's still taking up a spot in the household. From somethings I read, the issue could get worse and he might just disappear altogether. I've checked my back up save, and he's bugged there too. I've tried resetting sim, resetsim *, and clearing caches. Some people are saying that picking up the house in edit town and placing it back down, or moving the bugged sim out and back in the house can fix the issue. So, I guess I'm asking permission to try these options. Also, anyone that's had this issue, what fixed it for you?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8059 on: May 19, 2013, 02:56:09 PM »
Try separating him in Edit Town and re-merging him.  That's worked for me in the past.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #8060 on: May 19, 2013, 06:41:44 PM »
The first option requires the fisher to be L10 fishing skill. My fisherman is long dead.

Not really. You may need to master Fishing to catch a deathfish without bait, but if you have angelfish and at least level 6 so you can use live bait, you can catch deathfish.

By samoht04

Offline betabee

• scientific simmer
  • Townie
« Reply #8061 on: May 21, 2013, 07:31:22 AM »
I need technical help. I recently moved a sim into my household, but discovered that his motives are stuck. I've tried resetting him more than once, but that doesn't change anything. Whatever he does, his motives remain constant. I've looked online already and it seems similar to a bug that comes with university life which I haven't got yet. I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I keep playing to see if it goes away, or should I go back to an earlier save before I moved him in?
Scientia Immortal Dynasty    -Christmas special: Snowflake days of futures past
Riversong 4x4 Dynasty
Stories are updated on Sundays!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8062 on: May 21, 2013, 07:59:09 AM »
You can try the cheat "make motives static" and then change to "make motives dynamic" again. Maybe that will unstuck him.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8063 on: May 21, 2013, 08:06:34 AM »
I need technical help. I recently moved a sim into my household, but discovered that his motives are stuck. I've tried resetting him more than once, but that doesn't change anything. Whatever he does, his motives remain constant. I've looked online already and it seems similar to a bug that comes with university life which I haven't got yet. I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I keep playing to see if it goes away, or should I go back to an earlier save before I moved him in?

Did you also try the universal Resetsim *? 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #8064 on: May 21, 2013, 08:28:44 AM »
You can try the cheat "make motives static" and then change to "make motives dynamic" again. Maybe that will unstuck him.

Be careful telling people to try a cheat. Those are not allowed without challenge board approval, and you could accidentally cause someone to fail with your advice.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8065 on: May 21, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
In this case, yes aenito - you could have just failed someone for taking your advice. 

If you haven't followed aenito's advice -- Have you cleared caches, restarted the computer and done the universal Sim reset?  Is it an original townie and are they formally a supernatural?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline betabee

• scientific simmer
  • Townie
« Reply #8066 on: May 21, 2013, 10:01:23 AM »
I haven't followed aenito's advice.
I've tried playing on the file again since restarting my computer- no change. I'll try clearing the caches now and have another go. What do you mean by universal sim reset? Is it 'ResetSim Firstname Lastname', or is it something different?
He isn't an original townie, and as far as I know wasn't a supernatural- I think he was a newspaper deliverer though.
Riversong 4x4 Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8067 on: May 21, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »
The universal one is just "ResetSim *"  as Pam suggested.   It resets the entire town including everyone in your household.

Offline betabee

• scientific simmer
  • Townie
« Reply #8068 on: May 21, 2013, 10:18:36 AM »
Ok, I'll give it a try once sims has loaded up again. Thanks!
Riversong 4x4 Dynasty

Offline betabee

• scientific simmer
  • Townie
« Reply #8069 on: May 21, 2013, 10:29:47 AM »
Ok, I tried the universal reset, as well as clearing the caches and restarting my computer. No change. What now?
Riversong 4x4 Dynasty

anything