Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251135 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7995 on: May 12, 2013, 09:15:42 PM »
Not the ones that die from non old age.  Gunther didn't reset if I remember correctly in my life states but again I'd have to double check. 

It may continue to stay this way you realize or this could turn into a way of not getting ghosts at all.  I think one of the reasons it's never been brought up is because before we said you could bind them it was fair to those that had done the challenge before.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #7996 on: May 12, 2013, 09:28:16 PM »
Reviving Sims (Something I did frequently) Never seemed to remove progress on their bar. Enriqueta Bachelor and Erik Darling both seemed to have some days taken out their life stage.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7997 on: May 12, 2013, 09:39:23 PM »
I just resurrected seven pre-made ghosts using the Philosopher's Stone. Six of them didn't die of old age. All of them started at the beginning of their life stage once they were bound to the household.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7998 on: May 12, 2013, 09:40:07 PM »
Were any of them the two that Wiry mentioned?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #7999 on: May 12, 2013, 09:43:12 PM »
Were any of them the two that Wiry mentioned?

If it matters, they never stayed "Ghosts" You all remember the Dees, I used the Resurrection Ritual and Sunlight Charm. They both had progress.

Fausta Legacy

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8000 on: May 12, 2013, 09:44:38 PM »
No, considering that I wasn't in Sunset Valley. I'll be willing to try it out there too.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8001 on: May 12, 2013, 09:45:49 PM »
I don't have time to do any testing tonight and no decision will be made tonight.   I may swing the hammer but it's not my decision.  No need to rush to do anything tonight.

Edit:  Some results from testing -- Submitted to Metro for his opinion

Blair Wainwright decided to kill all her roommates on the first day in a brand new game.  Each one died in a different quick manner.  Then she took a whole week to reach level 10 witchiness.

My results are as follows:

Oh My Ghost - Resets Age
Bind Ghost - Resets Age
Genie Wish - Resets Age
Witch Reanimation & Sunlight Charm - Does not reset Age

Also in two different games - Mr Darling did not have any days into his lifetime.  I did this on non pre-made ghosts because I knew the Roomies household only had one person at the beginning of the life stage when the game started.  This way I was able to double check to see what it all looked like after I rezzed everyone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8002 on: May 13, 2013, 09:02:37 AM »
Thank you all.  aenito I don't think those last fixes you mentioned are allowed.  I know genies are forbidden, or does it not count if they are healed?  I'm pretty sure resurrected Sims are a no no as well.  Rica?  What's the ruling on that?

Why are fairies not allowed if witches are?  Is it because of their abilities like bloom?

Genies are frobiden to join the household because the extended life. If you change them into normal sims that's fair game.
Resurrect a sim that died while playing is against the rules, but in the cementery there are sims that start the game dead. You can resurrect them.
To clone an inmortal would have no sense at all but you can do it with spouses.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #8003 on: May 13, 2013, 09:15:22 AM »
Genies are frobiden to join the household because the extended life. If you change them into normal sims that's fair game.
Resurrect a sim that died while playing is against the rules, but in the cementery there are sims that start the game dead. You can resurrect them.
To clone an inmortal would have no sense at all but you can do it with spouses.

Wrong about cloning!
Step 1. Have male founder.
Step 2. Have female heirs
Step 3. Clone founder for guaranteed spouse.
Step 4. Proceed in having creepiest Dynasty ever.

Or maybe you meant there's no use for Non-crazy people when cloning an immortal.  ;D

Fausta Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8004 on: May 13, 2013, 09:30:37 AM »
Alright everyone, I sent the results of my Blair Witch project in for a decision.   Metro has decided to allow the Oh My Ghost and the Genie wish.   The rule is still that ONLY pre-made dead Sims can be resurrected.  This means Sims in a world that were dead before you ever placed your founder.    The four ways to get a ghost are:  Oh My Ghost opportunity!, Genie Resurrect Sim Wish, Philospher's Stone binding spell and the Witch Reanimation/Sunlight Spells. 

Reminder:  Ghosts are not allowed to be cloned using Clone Drone. 

Clone Drone elixirs can be used on anyone but the LTR Clone Voucher is not allowed before an immortal has the next heir. 

Does that cover everything?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8005 on: May 13, 2013, 09:32:39 AM »
I once tried cloning my founder from my simself dynasty to provide a spouse for gen six and they could not be romantic with one another. This was using the clone voucher no udeavwhat happens with clinning any other way as I haven't tried

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8006 on: May 13, 2013, 09:34:07 AM »
It's because using the clone voucher makes them a child of the founder so it's a family connection.  Clone drone Clones don't have any family connection but they came out the exact same life stage as the person that's cloned.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #8007 on: May 13, 2013, 09:35:05 AM »
I once tried cloning my founder from my simself dynasty to provide a spouse for gen six and they could not be romantic with one another. This was using the clone voucher no idea what happens with cloning any other way as I haven't tried

Rachel

Clone drones work, it's how my legacy hasn't died off.   Technically, as an example, Rica could clone Artie to have children with his daughter, and his grandaughter, etc.
Clone voucher adds them to the family tree as the child of the sim that cashed it in.

EDIT: Fast & Sneaky today are we, Rica?

Fausta Legacy

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8008 on: May 13, 2013, 09:46:52 AM »
So using Riverview as an example, because it's where I'm playing, any graves in the mausoleum of dead townies are not allowed but all the ones in the graveyard are as they were dead when I started?

Hmm that might prove useful later on if I want a non generic looking spouse, every grave in Riverview's graveyard has a ghost attached to it, I notice other towns have a lot of just 'remains', quite a few are elders though, I assume if we did resurrect them they have to stay in the life stage they were at when they died? still the elder men are useful at least for making the next generation.

And of course there are the two Remington kids, this might prove very useful indeed.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8009 on: May 13, 2013, 09:49:34 AM »
So using Riverview as an example, because it's where I'm playing, any graves in the mausoleum of dead townies are not allowed but all the ones in the graveyard are as they were dead when I started?

Hmm that might prove useful later on if I want a non generic looking spouse, every grave in Riverview's graveyard has a ghost attached to it, I notice other towns have a lot of just 'remains', quite a few are elders though, I assume if we did resurrect them they have to stay in the life stage they were at when they died? still the elder men are useful at least for making the next generation.

And of course there are the two Remington kids, this might prove very useful indeed.

Yep, it's allowed for those who are dead when you start. And the ghosts will stay in the life stage they were when they died.

To the Team, thanks for the quick ruling. :)

anything