Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251250 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7980 on: May 11, 2013, 11:51:27 PM »
Firstly, it's called Moonlight Falls. Just so you know.

Now, there is not going to be a town that has all the expansion content. It just plain does not work that way. Some of it auto-places, but not all of it. You could consider Riverview if you want somewhere that has a lot of open space to place things (as well as having that elusive 30x40 lot all over the place). And another thing, your gardener does not have to sit around doing nothing all winter. There have been multiple mentions here and on the hints and tips thread of how to build a 'greenhouse' so as to plant indoors and continue to garden all winter. I highly recommend you read the entire hints and tips thread. It's long, but nowhere near as long as this and very helpful.

Edit: Well, Rica beat me, but I stand by what I said.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7981 on: May 11, 2013, 11:51:37 PM »
No problem.  Welcome to the forum! 

I'm always available for questions and Good luck!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7982 on: May 12, 2013, 09:10:36 AM »
About using testingcheatsenabled to replace missing traits, I know it can't be used on original townies who were made with a missing trait, but I've seen kids born in game but outside of the household (fathered by a live-in, of course) end up a trait short. What do I do if they marry one of my sims/join the household for any reason?

(This is entirely hypothetical, by the way)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7983 on: May 12, 2013, 09:58:56 AM »
If the game doesn't give them a trait, you can't use a cheat to give them one.  However, the brain enhancer 2.0 or an upgraded 1.0 has the ability to change personalities without mid-life crises or cheating.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7984 on: May 12, 2013, 05:08:46 PM »
Rica, somewhere in the 320 pages of this there might be an answer to what do you do for spouse material when the story progression bug hits?  The rules state you can't add anyone, but if everyone in your town is too old because townies are not having babies, then what do you do?  Obviously your dynasty will fail without an appropriate spouse for each generation.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #7985 on: May 12, 2013, 05:10:55 PM »
Rica, somewhere in the 320 pages of this there might be an answer to what do you do for spouse material when the story progression bug hits?  The rules state you can't add anyone, but if everyone in your town is too old because townies are not having babies, then what do you do?  Obviously your dynasty will fail without an appropriate spouse for each generation.

Randomly generated townies, Joria. As far as I know, there will ALWAYS be a YA sim.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7986 on: May 12, 2013, 05:12:53 PM »
Male spouses can have children as elders but the game does move new families in all the time.  Just because people aren't having babies doesn't mean the town dies.  It just means that everyone looks the same which is everyone's real problem with the way the game works right now.    Supernaturals can be cured before they moved in. 

There is always someone available to be married.  Call a butler, call a mixologist, call a sing-a-gram.  Get a maid, befriend the mail carrier.  Tutor the newspaper delivery kid and invite him over to parties to make him age up faster.

There are a ton of things that can be done and there will always be someone available for marriage.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #7987 on: May 12, 2013, 05:17:23 PM »
There's also sims in Travel worlds, or can those not be married? I've not tried yet.

Fausta Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7988 on: May 12, 2013, 05:18:21 PM »
They can be married certainly.  I can think of at least 10 dynasties I've read at one point that did it.

Edit: I wanted to point out.  It's not a bug.  Story Progression is acting exactly how EA programmed it to.  Except dogs and cats have babies and not townies.  It's not a bug if everyone's game does it.  It's just a fix because people complained that story progression was too aggressive.

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7989 on: May 12, 2013, 06:42:24 PM »
More ways to increase population are:

• With supernatural a witch can resurect dead sims from their tombstone.
  • With supernatural+showtime you can get a lamp, free the genie and "heal" him/her.
  • And with University you can get dna from an elder to build a baby spouse.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7990 on: May 12, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »
Thank you all.  aenito I don't think those last fixes you mentioned are allowed.  I know genies are forbidden, or does it not count if they are healed?  I'm pretty sure resurrected Sims are a no no as well.  Rica?  What's the ruling on that?

Why are fairies not allowed if witches are?  Is it because of their abilities like bloom?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7991 on: May 12, 2013, 08:21:45 PM »
Fairies have an extended lifespan. Powers actually don't factor into any of the reasons that the Team bans certain life states.

You can throw a potent cure elixir at a genie and it won't be a genie anymore, which is why cured genies (and by extension, cured anything) are allowed. Please note that any cured occult must be cured before they are moved into the household.

Resurrected sims are allowed under a few conditions. A sim that is dead at the start of the game can be resurrected because they're more like a weird, frozen NPC. A sim that died after you started the game has to stay dead. And Oh My Ghost isn't allowed to resurrect anyone.

---

Oh, and on a tangential note, why is Oh My Ghost under a flat ban? It might have been understandable before Supernatural where there weren't any other ways to resurrect ghosts, making it a consistent resurrecting ban, but since we're in a time where resurrecting pre-made ghosts is okay through other means, I find its banned status confusing.

(If I sound like I'm being difficult, that's absolutely not my intention and I apologize if I sound that way)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #7992 on: May 12, 2013, 08:22:47 PM »
Thank you all.  aenito I don't think those last fixes you mentioned are allowed.  I know genies are forbidden, or does it not count if they are healed?  I'm pretty sure resurrected Sims are a no no as well.  Rica?  What's the ruling on that?

Why are fairies not allowed if witches are?  Is it because of their abilities like bloom?

Fairies live 5x longer than normal Sims

Fausta Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7993 on: May 12, 2013, 09:12:55 PM »

Oh, and on a tangential note, why is Oh My Ghost under a flat ban? It might have been understandable before Supernatural where there weren't any other ways to resurrect ghosts, making it a consistent resurrecting ban, but since we're in a time where resurrecting pre-made ghosts is okay through other means, I find its banned status confusing.

(If I sound like I'm being difficult, that's absolutely not my intention and I apologize if I sound that way)

Oh My Ghost and using a genie wish to ressurrect someone are both banned.   I know at one time using Oh My Ghost reset to the beginning of a life stage and as did the genie wish.  I've never known that to be true with the binding spell but I don't remember the last time I checked it either.    Oh My Ghost was banned from the get go by Metro and it just never came up to change it.  I didn't think of changing it for the above reason.   I may end up doing more research at one point. 

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7994 on: May 12, 2013, 09:14:23 PM »
Don't ghosts start at the beginning of their life stages anyways, no matter how you resurrect them? I might have to do some testing myself.

anything