Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250088 times)

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7830 on: April 22, 2013, 06:52:21 PM »
Allegra has been born ! Yay. I will have to write a huge paragraph at the end giving all my little opinions on everything ! I absolutely love it ! And I am jumping in with azokka on how adorable Freddie is (was) ! Ok now back to reading :)
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #7831 on: April 23, 2013, 07:02:37 AM »
 :o  Oh my goodness... I just had one *heck* of a skill glitch.  I've been saving photography as a supermax skill, and only occasionally handing the camera to the other immortals for taking shots for the museum only when there wasn't a spouce around to do the shutterbugging.  So an immortal with a level 6 in photography (the one with the lowest skill)  takes *two* photos and now he's at level ten.

I confess I sat there with my jaw hanging open in total shock.    I'm not totally torpedoed for this dynasty, I bought Supernatural, but haven't installed it yet, so it'll go in for the last immortal to do alchemy, but *wow*.

4 skill levels on two medium sized photos.   The two sims I have working on inventing and athlethics are skilling normally, but this came out of the blue for me. 
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7832 on: April 23, 2013, 07:46:54 AM »
That's a known glitch from saving and exiting while everyone is happy.   I had a toddler learn how to potty before he had actually started because of it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #7833 on: April 23, 2013, 09:20:14 AM »
That's a known glitch from saving and exiting while everyone is happy.   I had a toddler learn how to potty before he had actually started because of it.

Huh.  Well... I learn something new every day!  And it would do it for a cheap 22 simolean photo for the spousal memorial that took 5 seconds to pose for and not the sim sweating away on the treadmill for hours on end!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7834 on: April 23, 2013, 09:26:35 AM »
Photos and sculptures are purely optional aren't they, does this mean as long as the portrait was done before they aged up you are okay if the photo is rather close to the mark?

I loaded my game back up today forgetting it was gen three's adult birthday until the camera moved, for a second I thought he was dying and it scared the life out of me. Anyway I quickly sent his grandmother out to grab a photo, I took it before he aged and put it on the wall, it's the top of his head but it is a picture, he already had his portrait and sculpture just forgot the photo.

If it's a case of not being able to count it for the museum total I'm fine with that, I'd just hate it to be a fail because I forgot, I took it and placed it before he actually did the twirl to adulthood but I'm worried it was still too late as he had sparkles :(

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7835 on: April 23, 2013, 09:35:54 AM »
Yes, photos and sculptures are totally optional, Turoskel. The portrait needs to be done before they age up to the next age. It isn't a fail.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7836 on: April 23, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »
Photos and sculptures are purely optional aren't they, does this mean as long as the portrait was done before they aged up you are okay if the photo is rather close to the mark?

I loaded my game back up today forgetting it was gen three's adult birthday until the camera moved, for a second I thought he was dying and it scared the life out of me. Anyway I quickly sent his grandmother out to grab a photo, I took it before he aged and put it on the wall, it's the top of his head but it is a picture, he already had his portrait and sculpture just forgot the photo.

If it's a case of not being able to count it for the museum total I'm fine with that, I'd just hate it to be a fail because I forgot, I took it and placed it before he actually did the twirl to adulthood but I'm worried it was still too late as he had sparkles :(

It's not a fail but the photo only counts if it was in the museum prior to the sparkles being done and your immortal to be doing the "Oh my back! Oh hey Tada!" pose.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7837 on: April 23, 2013, 09:51:56 AM »
That's a relief, he was at the staring at feet with sparkles just appearing stage when I took it and I paused and slapped it on the wall before he spun round so I guess it's good.

I just wasn't totally sure that although it says they are optional if once you've decided to do them they have to be completed for the rest of the dynasty, I know one thing though I wont save and quit on a birthday again, I'll make sure they have it first.

Had a lot of spares die lately so any time the camera moves I panic, then realising I didn't have the photo done made me panic again, I'm getting as neurotic as gen 2  ::)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7838 on: April 23, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »
All museum pieces have to be in place at the time of a birthday that's all.  Photos & sculptures are optional.  If you have them for Gen 1 you don't have to have them for any other generation unless you want to. 

Only portraits are mandatory.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7839 on: April 23, 2013, 11:41:02 AM »
It's really not a good idea to let immortals get up to 6 on a skill that you're saving. It's doable, but for me would be too stressful. I try to avoid letting them get any skill if I can.

By samoht04

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #7840 on: April 25, 2013, 02:57:06 PM »
Hi,

I’m not sure where I stand with the stylist career with my second immortal dynasty.  Gen 2 was a stylist and she was asked for two makeovers by someone who later became the spouse of gen 3.  At the time, it was just another random styling job (certainly the first time – I really can’t remember whether he’d struck me as possible husband material by the time he asked again).  I have no idea whether it extended his life: he turned out to be a second-generation townie, so should have been dead, but his brother was similarly long-lived without any styling intervention.

This happened over a year ago, so it’s far too late to do anything about it and I’ll carry on with the game anyway – but is it now ineligible for HoF?

Hazelnut

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #7841 on: April 25, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
Okay here's my question. I just moved an npc into my house. It says she has 21 days until being an adult. I know she just turned YA, because she's been a teen for awhile. The first day she lives in the house at 10pm and now she's having a birthday, and becoming an adult. Is there anything I can do? or am allowed to do to get her back to YA?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7842 on: April 25, 2013, 03:50:39 PM »
Okay here's my question. I just moved an npc into my house. It says she has 21 days until being an adult. I know she just turned YA, because she's been a teen for awhile. The first day she lives in the house at 10pm and now she's having a birthday, and becoming an adult. Is there anything I can do? or am allowed to do to get her back to YA?

There is a glitch that happens with pets, too. If you move them in on their birthday, the game gets stuck in this idea that it's their birthday so even though they just aged up, so they age again. You're not allowed to change their age. That's the risk you take when you move in an NPC. Still wait for an official ruling, though. I could be wrong.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7843 on: April 25, 2013, 04:49:43 PM »
Hazelnut - You're fine.

Dagger - Rosa is right.  It's just one of those things that is a possibility.  No you can't do anything.  It's one of those things the game throws at you and just have to roll with it.   Immortal Dynasties are all about waiting for someone to die so you can bring in the next generation anyway so having her/him be older isn't always a bad thing.

anything