Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250243 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7785 on: April 19, 2013, 05:32:23 PM »
Pre-built houses or downloaded lots from someone else are not allowed. You must take care of all building and expansion yourself. Opting for the “no build/outdoors” route is also fine.

All modifications (mods) are banned. Period. Mods are patches that typically alter some component of gameplay. But, even if a mod supposedly does not alter gameplay you cannot use it. Remove all mods before beginning.

3rd party Custom Content that alters appearance such as skin tone or hairstyles, etc. is not considered a modification of the game and can be used at the player's own risk.

Things that allow you to choose poses are game modifications. If you want poses for a story (I don't know what else you would want them for) you can have a separate file that is not your official file for things like taking screenshots.

Always make sure to read the rules thoroughly before asking a question ;)

EDIT: Rica beat me.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7786 on: April 19, 2013, 09:54:14 PM »
When is the Simbot chain supposed to pop up for an inventor? Generation four just celebrated her young adult birthday (hurray!), though she maxed inventing as a child due to a long vacation in France. She also has yet to discover all inventions since I've been bent on getting the widget and big invention challenges out of the way (her journal says that 60% are discovered). Does that affect whether she gets the Simbot chain or not?

Yes, this is my first time playing an inventor and actually being dedicated to the cause. She's at level nine of self-employment, though. And generation three is an elder birthday and a couple of museum pieces away from immortality. I was worried about his ops, but he completed his sixth a day ago. So happy. ;D
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7787 on: April 19, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »
Having leveled as a child could be part of the issue.  Just keep inventing as it's random after you hit level 10. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #7788 on: April 20, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »
A non-immortal is allowed to have a child without the other parent in the household, correct? I have a Sim in the household that I want to breed into the Immortal family, but by the time her child would be a Young Adult, Generation 2 would likely be an Elder or close to it. Therefore, my plan was for Emerald (the sim in question) to have a nooboo with a father outside of the household, to be married with Generation 3. Would this be allowed under the rules?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7789 on: April 20, 2013, 12:02:13 PM »
Yes.  It's what I did in at least two dynasty attempts.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #7790 on: April 20, 2013, 12:18:36 PM »
Yes.  It's what I did in at least two dynasty attempts.

Great. For some reason I thought that they had been a change in ruling at some point, so I wanted to check. Glad I misremembered that, I guess.  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7791 on: April 20, 2013, 12:21:26 PM »
Heirs have to be born to two people living in a house together.  Everyone else can have split parents.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Fuzzle139

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7792 on: April 20, 2013, 07:27:24 PM »
I have a question. Would it be possible for me to use only two very specific mods in my Dynasty attempt: Overwatch, which just reduces lag by resetting stuck nps and turning off stereos and such, and Saver, which prompts me to save every half hour. Do I have to remove these (unrelated to the actual act of simming) mods, or are they fine to use?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7793 on: April 20, 2013, 07:29:01 PM »
All mods are banned.  Doesn't matter if all they do is stand kids up in CAS, save your game or give you pretty poses.  Mods are banned.

Offline Fuzzle139

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7794 on: April 20, 2013, 08:14:50 PM »
This makes me a sad panda. =( But alrighty. I shall have to make due with the lag from sixty thousand abandoned vehicles around town. xD

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7795 on: April 20, 2013, 09:30:06 PM »
Some towns don't leave as many vehicles and if you buy the property you can remove the parking spaces to make it easier. 

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #7796 on: April 20, 2013, 11:04:00 PM »
I sent my Generation 5 to University, and she stayed there for 2 weeks without any problems. When she tried to travel home (5 times), the game froze and crashed. Can I return to a previous save, from just before she left for University?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7797 on: April 21, 2013, 02:29:07 AM »
Just wanted to confirm my understanding. I've just gotten Gold Edition of Aurora  Skies. Now that I've got the additional Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Centre as part of the Gold Edition, I can go into my current Immortal Dynasty game and add that lot when I next play the game, can't I?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7798 on: April 21, 2013, 05:06:00 AM »
Just wanted to confirm my understanding. I've just gotten Gold Edition of Aurora  Skies. Now that I've got the additional Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Centre as part of the Gold Edition, I can go into my current Immortal Dynasty game and add that lot when I next play the game, can't I?

Yes, those are the rules. Brand new building + first time opening the file since you got it = place that baby!
By the way I'm incredibly jealous. I used to be a pre-school teacher's assistant and I am obsessed with education and Montessori and all that, so I really want that venue.  :-\

I sent my Generation 5 to University, and she stayed there for 2 weeks without any problems. When she tried to travel home (5 times), the game froze and crashed. Can I return to a previous save, from just before she left for University?

Oh no!  :o LonelyAnubis!

By samoht04

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #7799 on: April 21, 2013, 09:19:18 AM »
Rica's post on edit town (page 250) got me very confused so I need some clarification: can I rezone residential lots in order to be able to place EA community lots from the lots bin? Can I place empty lots in world editor to place community lots?