Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250422 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7770 on: April 14, 2013, 11:47:52 PM »
It's not going to be one of the ones that are worth 0.   Those are deathflowers and money trees.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7771 on: April 14, 2013, 11:49:31 PM »
Ok. Thats a good tip. I will look for that! Thanks !
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7772 on: April 15, 2013, 09:31:04 AM »
I think it's to like 6 pm or something.   You can tell by mousing over the maptag in mapview.  Give it a moment to pop up but it should say it's hours that way. 

I tried doing that, and left the mouse over the maptag in mapview for a while, and the hours never popped up.

Now then, I tried to send my three teens to boarding school. Two of the three went without a trouble, but the third one didn't. She is now a young adult. I tried to send her on a holiday to China with her husband (my Gen 3 immortal) but she is greyed out and it tells me she can't go holiday as she is currently at boarding school. The two that are still at boarding school have the best part of two weeks to go. I've restarted the game and have done resetsim on her. Is there something legal I can do to fix this, or will I just not send her on holidays?

She has wishes to go there with her husband (and he wishes to go there with her) and while there, she also wants to win the Martial Arts tournament. If I can't send them on holidays, I'll cancel those wishes. :)

Dek

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7773 on: April 15, 2013, 10:29:56 AM »
The not going to boarding school thing probably should have been taken care of at the time that she didn't go.  If you're ok with her just not going on vacation, then go with the flow on that.  Does it stop her from getting a job?  What other restrictions are you getting with this glitch?  Explore everything to see that you can still do things that need to be done for her life to be full or her requirements to be done (Don't know if it's an heir or not).    If there are problems, you may need to go back to before you tried to send her to boarding school.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #7774 on: April 15, 2013, 05:18:42 PM »
I thought that after the event (regarding fixing up the issue of her not going to boarding school)

her husband is the Gen 3 heir. Her LTW is to be an international superspy. Neither law enforcement nor any of the other rabbit hole careers (nor self-employment careers) appear for her (she has maxed photography and is about level 5/6 in painting). The professions are appearing, however. It is 9am in game currently, and I tried it with another of my sims, and all the usual options appear for him. The options to take on classes/tour various places etc are all there as normal. I want her to be the supercop needed for photo collections.

Jess Horan

« Reply #7775 on: April 15, 2013, 07:29:55 PM »
Hi everyone! After reading several Dynasty stories and rereading the rules countless times, I'm finally ready to start my own! I've been planning for the past few days and I think I can do this. Wish me luck! :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7776 on: April 15, 2013, 10:03:06 PM »
Hi everyone! After reading several Dynasty stories and rereading the rules countless times, I'm finally ready to start my own! I've been planning for the past few days and I think I can do this. Wish me luck! :)

Good luck! And welcome to the Forum!

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #7777 on: April 16, 2013, 05:30:15 AM »

Good luck, Jess Horan! Wish the best for you :D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #7778 on: April 16, 2013, 10:12:11 AM »
I've found townies in an original unaltered file come with the middle of the range camera as well if both Uni Life and World Adventures are installed. Would I be correct in my belief that the restriction on the camera only applies to your founder's camera and not to these cameras, and that they can be sold if you so desire like anything else your initial helpers have in their possession?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7779 on: April 16, 2013, 12:38:22 PM »
Correct - the restriction is only in place for the founder.

Are you still unable to place your one household member in a rabbit hole job?

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #7780 on: April 16, 2013, 04:23:10 PM »
Correct - the restriction is only in place for the founder.

Thought that was the case, just didn't want to assume :)

Are you still unable to place your one household member in a rabbit hole job?

That's correct, rabbit hole or self employed.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #7781 on: April 17, 2013, 01:21:41 PM »
Can you add multiple ice sculptures (or paintings or photos) to the museum and then just count one?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7782 on: April 17, 2013, 01:28:25 PM »
Can you add multiple ice sculptures (or paintings or photos) to the museum and then just count one?

Before the life stage is over, you have to choose 1 portrait, 1 sculpture and 1 photo that have already been placed as that life stages pieces.    You can't place multiple pieces and whichever one is the highest value be chosen at the end.  If you want extra photos or whatever in the museum that's fine but they will never be allowed to count later as pieces. 

Just remember that this game is 8 generations long.   The more photos, portraits and sculptures you have will all go into how long it takes your game to load & render and it only gets worse as time goes on.

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #7783 on: April 19, 2013, 05:28:31 PM »
Is CC, custom poses, and putting pre-built houses in okay? I know store content is fair game.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7784 on: April 19, 2013, 05:30:22 PM »
Yes you can have hairstyles, clothes and furnishings made by players ( as it says in the rules).
Custom poses require a mod.  Mods are banned (as it says in the rules).
Pre-built houses are not allowed (as it says in the rules).   You must start with an empty lot that you never leave and there is no reason to add houses that you can't play in.

anything