Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250451 times)

Offline joker

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7725 on: April 12, 2013, 11:11:54 AM »
hello . this is my first post in this great forum . and i have some questions
1-i tried this challenge and my founder was a fisherman but i could not complete the challenge of 350 fish due to winter season and frozen ponds .so... ill try to repeat it. and my question is: can i stop all seasons when i start the new one ?. is there any suggestions for fishing during winter?
2- can i use the birthday cake for babies  as soon as they born or  if my heir completed all requirements to become immortal ?
3- i want to play my challenge in aurora skies world . can i add some buildings like consignment shop?
4- can i add the al frisco street  market  and  the Stones Throw Greenhouse?
thanks

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7726 on: April 12, 2013, 11:14:07 AM »
1-i tried this challenge and my founder was a fisherman but i could not complete the challenge of 350 fish due to winter season and frozen ponds .so... ill try to repeat it. and my question is: can i stop all seasons when i start the new one ?. is there any suggestions for fishing during winter?
2- can i use the birthday cake for babies  as soon as they born or  if my heir completed all requirements to become immortal ?
3- i want to play my challenge in aurora skies world . can i add some buildings like consignment shop?
thanks

1. As long as you set the seasonal settings before you start and never change them, you can exclude whatever seasons you want.

2. Birthday cakes are reserved for their actual birthdays.

3. As long as you do it before you place your founder.

4. See #3
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #7727 on: April 12, 2013, 11:35:28 AM »
Hello, everyone.

I want to ask about Museum Pieces. Is there any limit for the item to be place there? Painting, Sculpture and Photograph of the Immortal will be there, but it's allowed to place the photo with spouse or friend (Immortal included)? Or, it must be exclusively for Immortals only? So the rest are placed in the separate area? I want to add the photo of 6 Best Friends there and their sculpture if it's allowed.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7728 on: April 12, 2013, 11:38:31 AM »
thanks

1. The ocean never freezes. Make sure you get the deathfish you need before winter and then you can fish in saltwater to make all your quotas. That way you can still have winter if you want it. You can't stop all seasons though, you have to keep at least one. But you can turn off weather.
Have you carefully read the rules? They cover the answers to 2, 3, and 4. Always make sure to read the rules thoroughly before beginning any dynasty challenge.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline joker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7729 on: April 12, 2013, 12:19:56 PM »
Thank you very much Trip and ombradellarosa for your answers. Ooh I didn't not know that the ocean never freezes.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7730 on: April 12, 2013, 12:22:01 PM »
Hello, everyone.

I want to ask about Museum Pieces. Is there any limit for the item to be place there? Painting, Sculpture and Photograph of the Immortal will be there, but it's allowed to place the photo with spouse or friend (Immortal included)? Or, it must be exclusively for Immortals only? So the rest are placed in the separate area? I want to add the photo of 6 Best Friends there and their sculpture if it's allowed.

You can add what you want to the museum, but it's only the official portrait/photo/sculpture of the immortal that is counted in the total when you're adding up the museum total. I've seen plenty of people that place extra photos, prom photos, career trophies, and whatever in the museum.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #7731 on: April 12, 2013, 01:02:35 PM »
Okay! Thank you so much, Trip~~
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #7732 on: April 12, 2013, 02:38:20 PM »
Is using a Sim born into another game as a founder okay?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #7733 on: April 12, 2013, 04:08:10 PM »
If you save them into the bin, than use the pre-made sims in CAS when you start.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7734 on: April 12, 2013, 07:35:34 PM »
I know scupltures are optional. But once you start doing them can you never miss one later down the rode. The reason I am asking is because I did a sculpture for my young adult generation 1. But when it came time for my gen 2 toddler one I didnt get it done before he aged up. Is that ok.
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7735 on: April 12, 2013, 07:37:41 PM »
The only thing that is mandatory is portraits. So if you miss a sculpture, even if previous immortals have sculptures, it's fine.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7736 on: April 12, 2013, 07:41:45 PM »
OK! Thanks I was getting worried there for a second. ;)
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7737 on: April 12, 2013, 08:48:11 PM »
I have two issues, both related to my Logic Supermax sim, and specifically two of the challenges to supermax that skill.

Firstly, his next chess opponents is "at work and doesn't know when he'll get off." It is currently 10pm on Monday night in game. I've been around to all the regular haunts/culprits (consignment store, elixir consignment store, pre-placed expansion pack buildings, festival grounds etc) and haven't been able to find him anywhere. I've also looked at all the paparazzi that have taken up residence outside my front door and he isn't counted amongst them either. Will the game in time clean out that opponent and roll up a different one?

Secondly, the Skill Professor Challenge. He has 3 targeted immortals and 5 non-targeted sims in his household. He has painting and photographing maxed and my plan is to teach those two skills to all of his housemates. With the thing of people skilling at an extremely quick rate going on, he's taught his father (targeted immortal) photography in under an hour (ie his father reached level 10) and his mother painting in just over 2 hours (ie his mother reached level 10). I'm quickly running out of people to tutor in my family. Can the tutoring be done to non-household members as well? And is there any way to slowdown the rate at which they learn these skills?

Thank you,

Dek

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7738 on: April 12, 2013, 08:50:05 PM »
I have two issues, both related to my Logic Supermax sim, and specifically two of the challenges to supermax that skill.

Firstly, his next chess opponents is "at work and doesn't know when he'll get off." It is currently 10pm on Monday night in game. I've been around to all the regular haunts/culprits (consignment store, elixir consignment store, pre-placed expansion pack buildings, festival grounds etc) and haven't been able to find him anywhere. I've also looked at all the paparazzi that have taken up residence outside my front door and he isn't counted amongst them either. Will the game in time clean out that opponent and roll up a different one?

Secondly, the Skill Professor Challenge. He has 3 targeted immortals and 5 non-targeted sims in his household. He has painting and photographing maxed and my plan is to teach those two skills to all of his housemates. With the thing of people skilling at an extremely quick rate going on, he's taught his father (targeted immortal) photography in under an hour (ie his father reached level 10) and his mother painting in just over 2 hours (ie his mother reached level 10). I'm quickly running out of people to tutor in my family. Can the tutoring be done to non-household members as well? And is there any way to slowdown the rate at which they learn these skills?

Thank you,

Dek

Yes eventually the game will choose someone else.   Not sure when it will happen. 

Only save and sign out with them all in a really bad mood.   The skill increase is compounded by constantly saving and exiting the game with everyone in a great mood.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7739 on: April 12, 2013, 08:51:53 PM »
And non-household members can be skill-tutored too.

anything