Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250276 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7650 on: March 26, 2013, 02:21:10 PM »

SCORING AND THE IMMORTALS’ MUSEUM:

Just to remind everyone — this Dynasty Challenge is not part of the regular Tournament where scoring and ranking are paramount for the serious competitive player. There are no starting and finishing dates in a Dynasty Challenge. As such, fun and a leisurely pace that you set for yourself are the most important things. However, you can steadily work towards a score with your Immortals’ Museum. The Museum can be built on your lot or a lot purchased via the computer. The Museum’s value is based on its contents (only the required life stage portraits and the optional photos and ice sculptures determine total museum value), so, when you’re done, you can post the total value of your Immortals’ Museum and your name can be added to the Dynasty Hall of Fame. Make sure to also post your finishing date, your Dynasty's name, if you played under expansions* as well as a screenshot of all 8 immortals with the museum nearby.

We've never actually needed to know which expansions you played under but this is directly from the rules.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7651 on: March 26, 2013, 02:28:25 PM »
So is it scored on the sale value of the portraits, optional sculptures, and optional photos
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7652 on: March 26, 2013, 02:29:28 PM »
As it says in my last post.  A museum's value is the value of the paintings plus any optional items you have (photos & sculptures).  The only mandatory component is paintings though.   And there is absolutely no prize for getting a high score.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7653 on: March 26, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »
Oh ok. Sorry I was confused there for a second. Also something I found that might want to be added to the rules. As we all know gardening is very important to your dynasty because you have to grow life fruit and death flower  (or whatever it's called, but you know what I'm talking about right). And when late fall and winter happen the plants go into dormat which if not timed right can ruin the dynasty. So metro might want to not allow those seasons or just not recommend it. I just wanted to mention that :)
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7654 on: March 26, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »
I doubt Metro will make that call, because the use of expansions and planning everything is part of the strategy. Plus, just because it's fall/winter doesn't mean plants can't grow. That's what the use of greenhouses and/or planter bowls are for.

A player's failure to research gardening is as much a part of their strategy as another player's remembering to do so.

It is, of course, up to the challenge team, but that's my take on it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7655 on: March 26, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »
All Seasons are allowed - we made that clear when Seasons came out.   Shirin, Trip, Myself and others have been talking about making greenhouses in several threads pertaining to dynasties recently so there is no reason for anyone to let Fall & winter get in their way. 

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #7656 on: March 26, 2013, 04:17:09 PM »
Ok sorry I was just trying to help.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline glassdahl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7657 on: March 27, 2013, 10:01:04 AM »
Ha! I guess that means both of my attempts are failures because I didn't finish the paintings before the sparkles. It was all getting a bit crazy anyways :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7658 on: March 27, 2013, 10:15:44 PM »
I just did the stupidest thing ever to possibly invalidate my HoF status.

So I was doing mass renovations on the house, and on the second floor was the urn of a live-in that I never bothered to move to the basement. Long story short, I might have accidentally deleted his urn while bulldozing other things.

It wasn't deliberate in the least, but it is kind of against the rules since it's not an approved way to treat urns (the rest of the urns are in the basement). :-[ Crap.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7659 on: March 27, 2013, 10:24:41 PM »
I just did the stupidest thing ever to possibly invalidate my HoF status.

So I was doing mass renovations on the house, and on the second floor was the urn of a live-in that I never bothered to move to the basement. Long story short, I might have accidentally deleted his urn while bulldozing other things.

It wasn't deliberate in the least, but it is kind of against the rules since it's not an approved way to treat urns (the rest of the urns are in the basement). :-[ Crap.

I didn't even know you could delete them without cheats involved.   Before you delete anything, let's see what Metro says on the matter ok?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7660 on: March 27, 2013, 10:32:38 PM »
The only cheat I might have had on was moveobjects, but that was so I could place toilets against half-walls and windows right above roofs. I didn't think it was possible either. :(
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #7661 on: March 28, 2013, 03:31:05 AM »
I fed my pet gourmet food, does this mean I've failed?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #7662 on: March 28, 2013, 03:39:01 AM »
I believe it does, Snuffles. Wait for one of the official team to respond for certain, however.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7663 on: March 28, 2013, 04:19:25 AM »
Additional Restrictions and Info
  • Gourmet pet food is not allowed.

Bolded the relevant part.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #7664 on: March 28, 2013, 06:03:59 AM »

• Generation's, Pet's & Supernatural's potions, elixirs and rewards that reverse/freeze/extend/shorten age are not allowed.

Does that mean the Animal Exper Lifetime Reward isn't allowed, too?
I plan to give it one of my sims later when I reread the rules and so I'm asking before doing it.

anything