Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3250108 times)

Offline Lallaith

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7575 on: March 22, 2013, 12:53:55 AM »
I don't know the festival tickets one.  What exploit is that?

Yes you can use the guitar one but there are limits to what we allow.   Some exploits are just a part of gameplay.   Some are outside of gameplay and should never be used like reselling something on Pause.

the festival tickets one is where if you buy the festival frequenter LTR and then put your sims tickets in another sims inventory then switch back, they double.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7576 on: March 22, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »
Okay, this is awful.

Generation two aged up young adult early on his birthday (3 AM or so; I just wanted him to grow up). He moved in his girlfriend, and close to midnight, himself, his girlfriend, and another housemate went to France for six days and all was pretty normal.

Now they're back in Twinbrook, and it seems that the entire household forgot to age a day (why yes, I memorize everyone's ages; generation two is 21 days to adult instead of 20 like he should be, girlfriend is 10 days to adult when she should be 9, etc.). I have a pre-France save, for reference. And I saved, exited and reloaded to see if that made a difference.

No other life-extending measures could have been used, since all the life fruit is in the locked basement or in my immortal founder's inventory and other life-extenders are absent from the house entirely (no makeover stations, tattoo chairs, saunas, any drinks made with life fruit, anything cooked with life fruit, banned elixirs, stray ambrosia, etc.). While the girlfriend used the dresser, her age was normal right after it and no one else used it. The problem seemed to stem from France, if anything.

Am I doomed? I learned my lesson about traveling at midnight too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7577 on: March 22, 2013, 12:55:50 PM »
Have you gone a day to see if they will age up? Or are you still just after the trip?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7578 on: March 22, 2013, 12:57:29 PM »
I'm 12 hours after the trip, so at about noon. I'll see how things go.

EDIT: A day passed, and everyone aged normally aside from the random extra day from the day before.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #7579 on: March 22, 2013, 02:11:49 PM »
I believe that the only restriction on that is "Once you chose it, you can't change it".

Zyffyr is correct - traits cannot be changed, but there are no restrictions when choosing it for the Immortal Dynasty.

Thank you, Zyffyr, Shirin :D

I have another question. Rule say Time Machine child is allowed right? But, obviously can't be heir.
So, Time Machine use in Immortal Dynasty was not restricted?

Because the rule say Ambrosia was forbidden for non-immortal especially Ghost.
It's allowed for them to use the Time Machine to make them a fully human again?
Thank you :D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7580 on: March 22, 2013, 02:14:34 PM »
Thank you, Zyffyr, Shirin :D

I have another question. Rule say Time Machine child is allowed right? But, obviously can't be heir.
So, Time Machine use in Immortal Dynasty was not restricted?

Because the rule say Ambrosia was forbidden for non-immortal especially Ghost.
It's allowed for them to use the Time Machine to make them a fully human again?
Thank you :D

It's my understanding that it's not something you can choose to do.  It's something that can be done at random.   As long as it doesn't extend their life then I don't see a problem with it.  However, if they reset to the beginning of their life stage - it's game over.   The time machine will always be use at your own risk. 

Just remember you can't have any ghosts join the house that weren't ghosts prior to your placing your founder.    Otherwise it's life extension anyway.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #7581 on: March 22, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
Okay then, I'll be sure to checking this out with my other game.
I'll tell you if it's extend life or not. Thanks, Rica~~
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7582 on: March 22, 2013, 05:33:47 PM »
My non-heir child in my Grey ID has somehow lost two-three days of her life, seeing as she is now four days to aging into a teenager. Considering she had her birthday, then I went straight to work on updating the house, and after I finished the house it was late enough/the next day or thereabouts that Rob and Cameron aged into Elder all on their own. At the most it should be that she's six days to teenagerhood not three, and I have no idea how she lost the other two days. As far as I can tell, everyone else is at their proper ages. Do I just run with her having lost a few days?

~Anna

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7583 on: March 22, 2013, 05:35:48 PM »
Did she use a dresser or anything during any part of her life?

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #7584 on: March 22, 2013, 05:44:42 PM »
Did she use a dresser or anything during any part of her life?

When she aged up but that was it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7585 on: March 22, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »
And you double checked at the time that there was no lasting damage?   It could just be a weird phenomenon.  If you can't pinpoint why then I guess there's nothing you can do about it, I would take the time to remember everything she has done since her birthday to see if anything stands out.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #7586 on: March 24, 2013, 12:22:53 PM »
Does making a death-trap room count as murder?

With a 'death-trap room' I mean a room where only the excess mortals can get into, filled with stuff that can cause them to die if they use it. I don't mean to lock them in the room or force them to use those things. Things that are on my list to put there so far: cowplant, jellybean plant, broken dishwashers.

Of course, they're also getting a certain bed in their room. No idea whether it's possible to have them get crushed automatically, but... it's just another accident waiting to happen.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7587 on: March 24, 2013, 12:42:17 PM »
Does making a death-trap room count as murder?

With a 'death-trap room' I mean a room where only the excess mortals can get into, filled with stuff that can cause them to die if they use it. I don't mean to lock them in the room or force them to use those things. Things that are on my list to put there so far: cowplant, jellybean plant, broken dishwashers.

Of course, they're also getting a certain bed in their room. No idea whether it's possible to have them get crushed automatically, but... it's just another accident waiting to happen.

Yes you're planning their murder.   You are purposefully setting it up for them to die.   This is outside of living a natural life.  If you have a broken dishwasher, either repair or get a new one.   You can have a cow plant and jellybean plant but you can't purposefully have someone eat two jelly beans and you can't not feed the cowplant.   If it kills anyone, then it's a loss of HOF/Failure. 

Using the murphy bed is ok because it's a low chance to be crushed and there is a debuff associated with it.   Don't have Sims slam into a vending machine.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #7588 on: March 24, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
Along those same lines, can you invite a townie over and trap them in a room with all the basic necessities, not exactly "adding them to the household" but keeping them available for people in the active household to interact with? (I'm thinking about trapping pregnant girlfriends at my house to make sure they're happy during pregnancy.)
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #7589 on: March 24, 2013, 01:26:36 PM »
Too bad.

Ah well. I guess I'll just give them an entertainment room then. With vending machines, a jelly bean plant and entertainment items that the immortals aren't allowed to use (because of planned supermaxes, not possible deaths.) I'm not going to tell them to eat even a single jelly bean, but I've noticed some sims are drawn to those things, regardless of the danger.

anything