Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3248465 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #7365 on: March 10, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »

I'm having the issue with Seasons causing the game to crash when trying to save after building. I know use of edit town can fix this, but has anyone figured out a fix for this without edit town for dynasty files?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #7366 on: March 10, 2013, 06:55:06 PM »
Do some testing and see what causes it to crash. I had problems in a file where I could build on a foundation anywhere on the lot, but the moment I added a second floor, it crashed. Other people have crashing when building on a foundation.

Or if it gets too infuriating to go on, start over and disable rain before you start.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #7367 on: March 10, 2013, 07:00:10 PM »
I have a question: is it acceptable to have a "Junk Copy," of your file, in which you're not making efforts towards regular dynasty play, and nothing you do counts for the dynasty itself, it's just there for you to, I dunno, doodle floorplans in-game or mess with storyline events for a story?
It seems like that'd be allowed and necessary for some of the stuff seen on the forum, but I'd like to make triple-sure.

You're allowed to do in another file all you want for story line purposes.  You can get that file by doing a save as if you want. however you can only have one official dynasty file in play. 

@Rhoxi - just remember that you have to ask for permission before you can do the Edit Town one and we haven't been letting anyone do that fix yet. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #7368 on: March 10, 2013, 07:21:10 PM »
Excellent! Just making the surest of all possible sures.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #7369 on: March 10, 2013, 07:58:20 PM »

Right, so, what have people been doing other than Edit Town? For me, it crashes when I try to add either a frieze or a floor to use as a roof for my two-story building.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7370 on: March 10, 2013, 08:00:44 PM »
Right, so, what have people been doing other than Edit Town? For me, it crashes when I try to add either a frieze or a floor to use as a roof for my two-story building.

If you can build a house at all, then you're ahead of some others.   You'll just need to not have a frieze or floor on the roof.   

Some people were having issues with custom roofing - I don't remember if it was CC roof or just putting it together themselves but they said using auto roof allowed them to save. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #7371 on: March 10, 2013, 08:41:22 PM »
MissTrips - You didn't read the rules to find out about the dresser and you quit without saving.  Normally they would both be reasons to restart and if you want to restart that's your choice.  Metro is giving you a pass though to continue.  The reason is because of the ruling I'm about to make.

Oh, goodness.  Thank you.  I'll do an update and put round three on the back burner and go back to squishing grapes for immortality!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #7372 on: March 10, 2013, 09:27:24 PM »

I was able to build a house before the first rain and had no problems, but trying to re-build it crashes if I try to use anything other than auto roof. Certainly not a debilitating bug, just annoying. I was hoping others had found another way around it. I'll keep messing around with it and let you know if I find any other fixes.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #7373 on: March 11, 2013, 07:43:02 PM »
Is it true that skilling up too fast may reduce the number of potential opps?? I'm only on Day 2 of my file, but my founder's already maxed gardening, and I'm worried that that may hinder potential BlackOps.

From gen 2 on, should I be skilling them up to lv. 5-7 somewhere and leaving it till the last minute to finish up?? What's the best way to do this?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7374 on: March 11, 2013, 07:44:41 PM »
Is it true that skilling up too fast may reduce the number of potential opps?? I'm only on Day 2 of my file, but my founder's already maxed gardening, and I'm worried that that may hinder potential BlackOps.

From gen 2 on, should I be skilling them up to lv. 5-7 somewhere and leaving it till the last minute to finish up?? What's the best way to do this?

It is true that most Ops come during the skilling process, but I have found that if I have a gardener with few other skills, they usually get the Omnificent Plant opportunity chain eventually, even if they max the skill early.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7375 on: March 11, 2013, 07:45:11 PM »
There are absolutely some opportunities that are only available while a person is actually skilling up a skill.  There are also a handful for each that are available at max level.   Skilling opps aren't the only opps in the game.  Don't forget career opps can do wonders.   As long as your world isn't full of combined rabbit holes then you should be able to get some no problem.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #7376 on: March 11, 2013, 07:48:41 PM »
Oh okay, thanks! I'm playing in SV, that should be fine :)

I didn't expect him to max it so quickly, even with a moodlet manager - I just queued up planting and let him go, and about 8-9 hours later he was maxed!

With the addition of SN, the reqs seem pretty doable - I'm almost certain the BlackOps are the only thing that may potentially hold me up.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7377 on: March 11, 2013, 07:49:47 PM »
With the addition of SN, the reqs seem pretty doable - I'm almost certain the BlackOps are the only thing that may potentially hold me up.

The reqs were completely doable without Supernatural.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #7378 on: March 11, 2013, 07:51:08 PM »
I'm sure they were, I just haven't been on here that long :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #7379 on: March 11, 2013, 07:52:54 PM »
That's fine.  I'm just saying for those members who don't have Supernatural to not be discouraged.  This dynasty can be done with only base game.  It's actually one of my goals to complete a base game dynasty only to prove it can be.