Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230806 times)

jsiberian

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6885 on: January 06, 2013, 03:57:53 PM »
I have a question that's probably been answered a billion times, but I did some expert googling on my own and see that this is a pretty common problem with game players in general:

If my heir's toddler (or child, or teen, or what have you) painted portrait disappears when I try to place it on the wall, do I fail the challenge?

This is more a glitch than anything, I am positive that the portrait did not get deposited into anyone else's inventory via magic, it's not on the other side of the wall, etc. When I went to place it via the painter's inventory, I placed it on the wall, and poof! It's gone.

If my heir doesn't have a toddler portrait now, do I fail?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6886 on: January 06, 2013, 04:30:09 PM »
This is a common issue and it's why I never put a painting in an inventory anymore.   I always place it from the easel to a wall.   What age is your heir now?   The portrait needed to be placed before they aged up so if they are still a toddler, you still have time to get another portrait painted.  If the portrait is not visible then it will most likely never be visible and then you can't count it towards your museum total which means you have to have another one. 

If they are already past the toddler stage and you hadn't placed the portrait before now, that's a failure to make HOF.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6887 on: January 06, 2013, 04:34:31 PM »
One thing you can do when placing portraits is, as soon as it's done, go into buy/build mode, and drag it from the easel to the wall - that way, if it disappears, you can immediately undo and retry.

Alternatively, you can just leave the portrait on the easel, and place the easel in the museum.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #6888 on: January 06, 2013, 08:46:24 PM »
I have a dynasty in Monte Vista, but I've gotten to the point where whenever I try to save, the game crashes - when I load the file, the game didn't save my progress. I've tried every type of save and clearing caches. May I copy the family to the clipboard and place them in a fresh file? (or another solution if you have a better one?)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6889 on: January 06, 2013, 08:47:25 PM »
Before every save did you build?  Have you tried the going into map mode and resetSimming the whole town?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #6890 on: January 06, 2013, 08:51:40 PM »
Yes - I've lost several good builds this way. I haven't tried resetting sims, since after googling my problem I assumed it's a corrupted save file (and unfortunately no previous one). I will give it a go and see if it helps.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6891 on: January 06, 2013, 08:52:17 PM »
The building is what is causing the crash.   My suggestion would be to try and build in a different spot if you have to or if you don't have to build - don't.   Over time it may let you build in that spot but the game has been crashing when it comes to building since 1.42 happened.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #6892 on: January 06, 2013, 09:01:21 PM »
Resetting all sims worked for a basic piece of foundation - now to test the rest of the build. I guess I haven't built from live mode in a long time! When did this crash start happening?

EDIT: After adding the second part to the build, it crashed again, even after resetting all sims again before saving :(

EDIT 2: Would it be ok to do the build, then go into edit town to save the household, then reload, delete the household, and replace with the one from the bin?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6893 on: January 06, 2013, 09:38:41 PM »
After my heir aged up, I started experiencing some insane problems:
Ice Sim sculptures are just disks on the floor.
Whenever I try to have a sim paint a portrait, he just goes and stands by the easel and the action disappears.
Obviously, this puts some serious roadblocks in the way of the Museum.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6894 on: January 06, 2013, 09:42:28 PM »
Resetting all sims worked for a basic piece of foundation - now to test the rest of the build. I guess I haven't built from live mode in a long time! When did this crash start happening?

EDIT: After adding the second part to the build, it crashed again, even after resetting all sims again before saving :(

EDIT 2: Would it be ok to do the build, then go into edit town to save the household, then reload, delete the household, and replace with the one from the bin?

My experience with this bug is that this will not help you.  I was serious when I said you may need to not build in that spot.  It's something to do with the act of building that will not allow the game to save.  There was even a member who was able to build somewhere else on their lot but as long as they stayed away from the second floor they were able to save.   Have you tried other ways of building?  Without a foundation?  With only one floor?  changed it's location on the lot or have you been trying to build the same thing over and over and just keep crashing? 

After my heir aged up, I started experiencing some insane problems:
Ice Sim sculptures are just disks on the floor.
Whenever I try to have a sim paint a portrait, he just goes and stands by the easel and the action disappears.
Obviously, this puts some serious roadblocks in the way of the Museum.

The Ice Sims as long as they have a value then they are fine and will most likely reappear soon.  Possibly after some cache clearing and a restart of the computer.   The portrait painting however - have you tried a different easel?  Have you reset the two Sims that are involved in the painting?   Try a different easel in a different location. 

Chuckles_82

« Reply #6895 on: January 06, 2013, 11:15:59 PM »
I tried two different builds, the second one twice, but both in the same spot (and both had a foundation and two stories, the first had a frieze on top of that, too) I made a duplicate file to see what I can do to remedy the problem. By building, then copying the house and household to the lot bin, I can place them on the second dynasty lot in Monte Vista and delete the old one, then save. That does work. Would this be an acceptable solution?

Edit: Building only on the ground floor does work, so if I can't switch lots then I guess I can live with it.

Offline Darkeroid

• The Self-Proclaimed Insane!
  • Llama Wrangler
  • To Stupidity and Beyond!!
« Reply #6896 on: January 07, 2013, 02:05:32 AM »
Hiya people, I'm gonna start an Immortal Dynasty today. But before I can do that I have some questions that need to be answered:-

1) Can a MORTAL sim max a skill and then can an IMMORTAL sim super-max it? e.g 1st generation spouse maxes painting and then 3rd generation Immortal super-maxes it?

2)Is multi-tab 6000 allowed?

3)Can an IMMORTAL sim get a tattoo AFTER eating ambrosia?

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6897 on: January 07, 2013, 02:16:21 AM »
Hiya people, I'm gonna start an Immortal Dynasty today. But before I can do that I have some questions that need to be answered:-

1) Can a MORTAL sim max a skill and then can an IMMORTAL sim super-max it? e.g 1st generation spouse maxes painting and then 3rd generation Immortal super-maxes it?

2)Is multi-tab 6000 allowed?

3)Can an IMMORTAL sim get a tattoo AFTER eating ambrosia?

Yes, yes and yes.

1) The only restriction on skills is that each immortal has one skill that is unique to them; they can have a point or two in another immortal's skill, as long as the unique skill is only maxed and supermaxed by an immortal. Mortals could max everything under the sun, they aren't restricted like the immortals Example - to help an immortal with maxing and supermaxing martial arts, a mortal takes it up to give said immortal a sparring partner.

2) It is allowed, but you have to be careful if an immortal has it in their inventory as they might choose to listen to something that would cause them to max another skill that you have earmarked for another generation.

3) Since a tattoo resets some of a sim's life, it is perfectly fine after ambrosia as you're sustaining the immortal's life with ambrosia anyways.

Offline Darkeroid

• The Self-Proclaimed Insane!
  • Llama Wrangler
  • To Stupidity and Beyond!!
« Reply #6898 on: January 07, 2013, 02:31:24 AM »
Thanks for the answers! I'm gonna start my Immortal dynasty after I take a shower.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6899 on: January 07, 2013, 06:27:48 AM »
I tried two different builds, the second one twice, but both in the same spot (and both had a foundation and two stories, the first had a frieze on top of that, too) I made a duplicate file to see what I can do to remedy the problem. By building, then copying the house and household to the lot bin, I can place them on the second dynasty lot in Monte Vista and delete the old one, then save. That does work. Would this be an acceptable solution?

Edit: Building only on the ground floor does work, so if I can't switch lots then I guess I can live with it.

Edit Town is always the absolute last resort that a player should go to because it's banned after you've placed your first Sim.  So if there is a solution that doesn't require Edit Town then that's the one you should always go with. 

Thanks for the answers! I'm gonna start my Immortal dynasty after I take a shower.

Good luck!