Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230146 times)

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6870 on: January 03, 2013, 08:02:41 AM »
I know!  Bunk beds or tents do wonders for extra immortals.   In fact, the end of my dynasty everyone slept in a tent.  Best sleep moodlets, I could move them if I needed to and usually they didn't slip into someone else's tent at the end of the night if they grew tired and I was staring at someone else.

I thought that tent idea was genius. I may use that myself and use the old bedrooms as skill rooms :P
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6871 on: January 03, 2013, 11:40:20 AM »
...and I will point out: The Sultan's Tabernacle sleeps 8, if you're all friendly. The Blossoms are in France right now and Dahlia's job is to find enough ancient coins to buy one... :)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #6872 on: January 03, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »
...and I will point out: The Sultan's Tabernacle sleeps 8, if you're all friendly. The Blossoms are in France right now and Dahlia's job is to find enough ancient coins to buy one... :)

I didn't know that, thanks :) I have two of the tents for the time being so if I can't get one for everyone they can share.

Edit: So it looks like this file has been hit by the green box glitch :( my 2 immortals are the ones affected. Anyone know a way to fix this?
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6873 on: January 03, 2013, 07:05:45 PM »
First thing to try - have them each change outfits.   If that doesn't work, go into Edit Town.  Evict the family and place them back down.  You'll lose all their wishes and stuff but you may get them back.

If that doesn't work - probably going back to your previous save.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #6874 on: January 04, 2013, 04:50:15 AM »
Thanks Rica :) I had to go back to a previous save as they were in China. But hopefully they've now sorted themselves out.

Offline Aniruddh

• Nooboo
  • Yo
« Reply #6875 on: January 05, 2013, 07:20:38 AM »
Your 7th generation firstborn must be a female. She will need to become pregnant without adding a spouse to the household to bring in the 8th and final immortal.

I didn't understand that? Being pregnant without a spouse?
-------------------------------------------------------

With Kind Regards,
Aniruddh (the Great)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #6876 on: January 05, 2013, 07:32:11 AM »
Basically, you find your 7th generation a boyfriend and have them try for a baby without getting married and moving the boyfriend in.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Aniruddh

• Nooboo
  • Yo
« Reply #6877 on: January 05, 2013, 08:34:20 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up.
Just a few more doubts:

- Can we die of old age with the deathflower in the inventory?
 - If we can't, is it absolutely necessary to use ambrosia before the deathflower?

With Kind Regards,
Aniruddh (the Great)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6878 on: January 05, 2013, 09:10:08 AM »
No, with the deathflower, you won't die of old age.

Yes, it is required to use ambrosia before having a deathflower in your inventory.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6879 on: January 05, 2013, 11:00:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum Anirrudh.

The first six generations have to move in their mate before trying for the next generation.   Generation 7 can't because that would leave no space in the house for Gen 8 so they are the only generation allowed to get pregnant without a mate in the house.

Ambrosia is the cornerstone of this dynasty.  You have to eat ambrosia before your Sim is considered immortal.  A Sim can't carry a death flower before they are immortal.  The death flowers are for game glitches like you fed them ambrosia that morning but the game says it's their day to die.  So even though you ate the ambrosia - your sim died anyway so the death flower was your insurance policy.  Plus once you use the death flower, it's gone so you'd need another one.   The death flower is just a way to prevent death in any accidental way.   Old age should be avoided through the use of ambrosia.

However the idea behind the challenge is to feed them ambrosia.  Allowing a Sim to die because you didn't feed them ambrosia is failing.  It goes against the spirit of the challenge to ignore the ambrosia requirement.   It has to be made and often to keep your founder alive for the next seven generations as well as all the ones that come later.  Every time I used a death flower was because the game had decided it was death day before I had them eat the ambrosia on that day. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Aniruddh

• Nooboo
  • Yo
« Reply #6880 on: January 05, 2013, 11:11:31 AM »
Thanks Ricalynn, for clearing it up. I will be starting my story tomorrow (probably)

With Kind Regards,
Aniruddh (the Great)

Offline Aniruddh

• Nooboo
  • Yo
« Reply #6881 on: January 06, 2013, 07:36:30 AM »
Ok, this is probably my last doubt:

Suppose my founder got immortal. The skill he maxed out was Fishing. After becoming immortal, he maxed out cooking.
Can my heir max out cooking as his/her unique skill?

With Kind Regards,
Aniruddh (the Great)

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6882 on: January 06, 2013, 08:20:46 AM »
Nope.  If any other immortal in the house ever reaches lvl 10 in a skill that is the supermax for an immortal that's a failure.  Your heir can also cook if that's what you want, but you'll have to find a different skill for the heir to call his/her unique skill.

Offline Aniruddh

• Nooboo
  • Yo
« Reply #6883 on: January 06, 2013, 09:17:02 AM »
But my founder has already completed the 'quest'!
It's not fair lol :P (Just kidding)

With Kind Regards,
Aniruddh (the Great)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6884 on: January 06, 2013, 09:42:34 AM »
But my founder has already completed the 'quest'!
It's not fair lol :P (Just kidding)

This is just another reason why this is a challenge.   To keep everyone's supermax skills unique to only them, to keep their careers unique, to keep feeding them ambrosia, to get everything done before the founder dies, to remember a portrait for every life stage for 8 generations.  That's at least 50 weeks worth of work right there.

It's hard and towards the end it's boring.  Just be wary of time machines.   Once they have nothing to do give them something they don't mind doing all day like playing a video game, an activity related to their skill or just have them watching tv.   They will sit there all day and not gain skill points or get into trouble.

anything