Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230012 times)

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6855 on: January 02, 2013, 05:38:43 AM »
My Dynasty is at gen 4 about to age up to child at the moment, and every time I try to save the game it crashes :( am I allowed to try a back up or earlier save and see if this fixes the problem? I started a new game to test and it saves just fine, the problem seems to be with this file.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6856 on: January 02, 2013, 07:28:49 AM »
Have you tried "save as" instead of "save"?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #6857 on: January 02, 2013, 08:05:31 AM »
Have you tried "save as" instead of "save"?

One of the first things I tried, still crashes
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6858 on: January 02, 2013, 08:41:46 AM »
My Dynasty is at gen 4 about to age up to child at the moment, and every time I try to save the game it crashes :( am I allowed to try a back up or earlier save and see if this fixes the problem? I started a new game to test and it saves just fine, the problem seems to be with this file.

In between the time you start up and the time you try to save - do you build or use a dresser?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #6859 on: January 02, 2013, 09:40:51 AM »
In between the time you start up and the time you try to save - do you build or use a dresser?

I think I've tried to build every time it's crashed, to redo what I lost the first time. Do you think that's the cause?

Edit: Problem solved :D I loaded the game and straight away did "save as" and no crash! Now let's hope it stays that way. Looks like you were right Ricalynn, thanks.

Edit again: Looks like I celebrated too soon. When I went to build again, the same crash happened while trying to save. Should I try moving the family to the clipboard and back?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6860 on: January 02, 2013, 02:40:53 PM »
There is a glitch that seems to happen when someone is building.    What were you trying to build and did it involve the new blueprint system?   Otherwise, I would build a few things at a time and try to save to see what the culprit is.  It could be something in buy mode being placed that is causing the issue.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6861 on: January 02, 2013, 02:51:57 PM »
Oh wow, Rica, thanks for that. I'd been having issues with my new Dynasty, after trying to expand the house and then it would crash. Now to figure out what's causing it...

(In my new attempt at the Life States Dynasty, I can use the blueprint system fine. In the new Immortal Dynasty, it's freehand building...)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6862 on: January 02, 2013, 03:05:20 PM »
I was having serious issues in Airica's file when I was trying to build so I just stopped doing the spot that I had been working on and it went off without a hitch.  I was able to later go back to that spot and actually build though.  The game just didn't want me doing it right then.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #6863 on: January 02, 2013, 03:23:21 PM »
There is a glitch that seems to happen when someone is building.    What were you trying to build and did it involve the new blueprint system?   Otherwise, I would build a few things at a time and try to save to see what the culprit is.  It could be something in buy mode being placed that is causing the issue.

Not a big fan of the blueprint system, I was trying to extend on top of the house.

After losing a massive amount of building I did try just a few rooms, nothing other than the walls and it still crashed. It's playing fine at the moment as I've given up for the time being. I'm hoping it's the same as your game, it just wouldn't let me at that point. Will probably play again tomorrow and see if it's fixed itself

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #6864 on: January 02, 2013, 08:32:11 PM »
If you wish to place the gypsy caravan, or any other rabbit hole from an expansion in your town, you have two choices.   If there is not a version of it in the community lot bin, you can save it to the bin from a new unaltered version of the expansion town

Triple-checking that I'm reading this correctly before placing my founder and starting things up:
So, if I want the gypsy caravan, I can save the Gypsy's Landing lot from Moonlit Falls (fresh file, of course) and then place it in Lucky Palms?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6865 on: January 02, 2013, 08:34:07 PM »
Yes or you can buy a property later and place the caravan on it.  The property will then no longer be yours but the caravan will be on a lot of your choosing.

I myself bought one of the pools in Lunar Lakes and placed it that way.  But I have the Gypsy's Landing in my life states file.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #6866 on: January 02, 2013, 08:35:03 PM »
Marvelous! Ok, so then everything's legit far as I can tell, so I am ready to start. Woo!
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6867 on: January 02, 2013, 08:36:27 PM »
Marvelous! Ok, so then everything's legit far as I can tell, so I am ready to start. Woo!

Woo, indeed!   Good luck.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #6868 on: January 03, 2013, 05:56:47 AM »
So it looks like my game doesn't want to let me build on top of my house :( I tried building in a different spot on the ground and it saved just fine. Looks like the other half of the dynasty may have to live underneath the house.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6869 on: January 03, 2013, 07:24:34 AM »
I know!  Bunk beds or tents do wonders for extra immortals.   In fact, the end of my dynasty everyone slept in a tent.  Best sleep moodlets, I could move them if I needed to and usually they didn't slip into someone else's tent at the end of the night if they grew tired and I was staring at someone else. 

anything