Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230925 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6840 on: December 31, 2012, 01:14:41 PM »
Kaylynn Langerak is the only child sim in Sunset Valley missing a trait. Is it within the rules to use testingcheats to bring her up to a normal number of traits?

No.   EA didn't want her to have that trait so she doesn't get one.   If you want her to have all the traits, move her in and give her the Mid Life Crises LTR once she's earned the LTHP  to give her the traits you want her to have. 

Also she's not the only one.  Lisa Bunch is missing one too.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #6841 on: December 31, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »
Okay, I have an issue that's been plaguing me for a while, and I humbly come before the Immortal Dynasty mods for an answer.

What happened was that my game crashed, and when I pulled up load game screen, all the sims in the picture were seriously glitched out. I asked my sister who also plays sims what it meant, because it was really freaking me out and giving me a bad feeling, and she said that it meant my game was glitched, so I pulled up the backup save file that the game autosaves for you, overwriting my main game file. The autosaved file picked up almost exactly from the last place I remembered saving fully (one of my sims fishing at the graveyard). The issue that I'm having mostly is that I can't remember if I was saving when the game crashed (If I was, it must have crashed right as I clicked the button, because I don't remember the saving plumbomb popping up), along with the fact that since I didn't open it up before I overwrote it with the autosave, since I honestly believed it was broken, does it count as cheating, meaning that I have to start over?

Also, on a side note, if I put a portrait or statue of an immortal in my main house, can it not go into the museum later?
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6842 on: December 31, 2012, 04:38:51 PM »
Okay, I have an issue that's been plaguing me for a while, and I humbly come before the Immortal Dynasty mods for an answer.

What happened was that my game crashed, and when I pulled up load game screen, all the sims in the picture were seriously glitched out. I asked my sister who also plays sims what it meant, because it was really freaking me out and giving me a bad feeling, and she said that it meant my game was glitched, so I pulled up the backup save file that the game autosaves for you, overwriting my main game file. The autosaved file picked up almost exactly from the last place I remembered saving fully (one of my sims fishing at the graveyard). The issue that I'm having mostly is that I can't remember if I was saving when the game crashed (If I was, it must have crashed right as I clicked the button, because I don't remember the saving plumbomb popping up), along with the fact that since I didn't open it up before I overwrote it with the autosave, since I honestly believed it was broken, does it count as cheating, meaning that I have to start over?

Also, on a side note, if I put a portrait or statue of an immortal in my main house, can it not go into the museum later?

Every time my family goes sideways or anything I've noticed it happens when I save and the save completes while I'm alt-tabbed or something.  Never a glitched file, just random occurence so sometimes it doesn't mean bad things.    I'm going to say you're alright for now but always know to never overwrite files.  Just rename the  Sims 3 File.sims3.backup to Sims 3 File backup.sims3 that way you know which one is the latest save and which one isn't.   

All portraits/sculptures have to be in place when the immortal ages up for it to count.  This could also mean in a temporary place but sometimes it's best to just keep them in a museum so you know you have all the pieces by looking and making a spare portrait or sculpture for the house.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #6843 on: December 31, 2012, 05:31:20 PM »
Double check previous save to see if they are still there.   If your last saved game was a whiles back don't forget that the .backup in your save folder is also a separate save and it's the one that was previously written over so try it too.   

I would clear caches, all but ccmerged in DCBackup.

Going back to the last time I had them takes me back to another glitch which I didn't exactly resolve to my liking, and more attempts to fix it more to my liking appears to crash my game.
It's maybe time for me to take some time and evaluate the relative value of this attempt.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #6844 on: December 31, 2012, 07:34:02 PM »
I'm going to say you're alright for now but always know to never overwrite files.  Just rename the  Sims 3 File.sims3.backup to Sims 3 File backup.sims3 that way you know which one is the latest save and which one isn't.
Okay, I'll be sure to remember that. All I did was take the .backup off of it, and probably deleted my main game file. It works fine, so far.

All portraits/sculptures have to be in place when the immortal ages up for it to count.  This could also mean in a temporary place but sometimes it's best to just keep them in a museum so you know you have all the pieces by looking and making a spare portrait or sculpture for the house.
I just wanted to make sure that you could move them and switch them all about before you stuff them in whatever you're using as a museum (which I always make sure to do before they age up).

Thanks for the quick response! And thanks for allowing me to continue. :)
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #6845 on: December 31, 2012, 07:44:20 PM »

The rules say we are allowed to have ghosts in our dynasty household. What about using potent cure elixirs to un-ghost a sim? Or would that be banned as a way of "prolonging" life? This would be for a spare, by the way, not trying to revive a potential immortal who didn't meet the requirements in time or died in an accident.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6846 on: December 31, 2012, 07:47:03 PM »
The rules say we are allowed to have ghosts in our dynasty household. What about using potent cure elixirs to un-ghost a sim? Or would that be banned as a way of "prolonging" life? This would be for a spare, by the way, not trying to revive a potential immortal who didn't meet the requirements in time or died in an accident.

How did the Sim become a ghost?  Did they die or were they born a ghost because of ghost parent or ghost elixir?

If this is a person is dead because they died at some point between the time you started the dynasty and this point then yes it's prolonging their life.   Only ghosts that were ghosts when the game was started are allowed to gain new life within your household.  Does that make sense?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #6847 on: December 31, 2012, 09:19:30 PM »

Gotcha. Thanks.

I was thinking about throwing the potions at some ghosts in the town graveyard just for fun, but I see now that that wouldn't be allowed. A couple of one of my spare's kids not in the household died, and I thought it might be fun to see if they were ghosts and bring them back. It turns out they aren't in the graveyard anyway. I guess when kids die through story progression, they don't "die" in the sense of getting graves and being reaped, they just disappear.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6848 on: December 31, 2012, 09:21:05 PM »
Gotcha. Thanks.

I was thinking about throwing the potions at some ghosts in the town graveyard just for fun, but I see now that that wouldn't be allowed. A couple of one of my spare's kids not in the household died, and I thought it might be fun to see if they were ghosts and bring them back. It turns out they aren't in the graveyard anyway. I guess when kids die through story progression, they don't "die" in the sense of getting graves and being reaped, they just disappear.

If you don't have a good enough relationship with them when they die, they don't receive a grave marker.  I recently found this out myself.  I seem to remember always getting them before but since Seasons, it seems they're just no there anymore. 

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6849 on: December 31, 2012, 09:44:09 PM »
Can clones of non-Immortals be created with the Clone Voucher?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6850 on: December 31, 2012, 09:45:05 PM »
Can clones of non-Immortals be created with the Clone Voucher?

Yes.   Clones can't be heirs but they are allowed.  I had one in my dynasty.

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6851 on: December 31, 2012, 09:47:58 PM »
If you don't have a good enough relationship with them when they die, they don't receive a grave marker.  I recently found this out myself.  I seem to remember always getting them before but since Seasons, it seems they're just no there anymore.

They do get the reaper and a marker, but the marker disappears within a few moments (seemed like about the same time as Grim left).  I had a peeping tom in my latest babyboom test run get hit with lightning... quite a show  ;D

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6852 on: January 01, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »
...and yet I had a perfect stranger die in my yard and I got a marker. (It was weird. An elderly zombie was on my lawn, I hit her with the peashooter, and as soon as she woke up un-zombied, she died of old age. Bad luck for her, I guess.)

It is definitely the case that if you're "Managing the Dead" in the Mausoleum, you only have markers available for people you had good relationships with. Friends or better, maybe? So if your spare was close to his out-of-household children, he'd personally have to go to the mausoleum to get the grave marker, but it should be there.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6853 on: January 01, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »
My founder just got an opportunity to deliver ambrosia to the hospital ('A Life Giving Recipe' to be precise.) Is that a permitted opportunity under the rule set for this challenge?

He has under 2 sim days to complete the opportunity.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6854 on: January 01, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »
My founder just got an opportunity to deliver ambrosia to the hospital ('A Life Giving Recipe' to be precise.) Is that a permitted opportunity under the rule set for this challenge?

He has under 2 sim days to complete the opportunity.

That's fine.  It's like the giving a death flower opp.

anything