Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230551 times)

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6825 on: December 30, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »
Hi everyone thank you so much for your help and advice!

It may help you to know that adopted babies count towards the LTW, and I believe once the heir has been born from a natural pregnancy according to the rules, adoption is allowed... so there's no need for any lover at all, if moving a new man into the house won't work out for you for some reason. Although if there was room for the dead husband, there should be room for a new boyfriend.

If you want to do it then that's fine; however I have a small bit of advice-- if your second generation is female, change your founder's LTW.  Fulfilling the LTW will make you have your founder + 5 + 2stepsons which equals eight.  There is no guarantee your two stepsons will die before your second generation hits elder.  Which means gen 2 wouldn't be able to move in spouse or have children until the Alvin boys both die.  Cathy above me had first generation spouse live to be 152 and I had two spouses live to be over 130 and put me in a time lock waiting for them to die.  Luckily until generation 7, all of my heirs were male.

Despite me stuffing Rhea with apples, both her kids with Iqbal were girls:s. And that's the exact nightmare I'm worried about! But there's a huge age gap between Hestia and VJ with VJ just days away from adult. So fingers crossed there though I'll really miss him!

With Surrounded by Family LTW the first time, I had the first four born to the parents and the fifth one adopted. My founder and gen 2 were both males.

The next time, I had a couple of early children adopted, and then the third one was the heir.

I've also played around with a helper having Surrounded by Family LTW, and my male founder kind of helping with that and having one of the females marked out as his spouse. In the case I'm thinking of it was the Grisbys. Their daughter, Laurel was painter, teen and earmarked as spouse for my male heir. I adopted the next three children, and then the fourth one Ma and Pa Grisby had a boy. That game became glitchy before I could get my founder anywhere near immortality and so forth.

Laurel as teen counted towards this LTW for Ma Grisby (as Mr and Mrs Grisby had already raised her from nooboo hood) and helped out with raising her siblings through the toddler years, having four of them helping with teaching toddler skills was great. Pa Grisby was my sculptor and Ma Grisby was my fisher/gardener (and I think cook). The game glitched in the first generation.

I do have a real cunning plan for my next attempt at the surrounded by family LTW.

I've previously been told in this thread by one of the challenge moderators that under these rules adoption is permitted prior to a natural birth, and that the adoption doesn't affect your next heir ... the heir is simply the first naturally born baby to your current immortal.

Also, don't forget that male immortals don't HAVE to give birth to the next generation until after they become immortal.

Yes I tried hard to get a male heir but the apples didn't work for Rhea  :( :( :(! And not the second time either! Imagine my disapointment!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #6826 on: December 30, 2012, 02:57:21 PM »
Having completed an Immortal Dynasty, my best advice is to use a different LTW.  Surrounded by Family is hard to do and complicates the challenge more than necessary, and can even make it fail.

That's very true! I'm on the verge of wondering whether this will fail or not. But since its just generation one I was thinking to let it go on!

Btw we can't change the LTW once the game has started right?

Thanks so much Pam :)!
Mission Unnamed

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6827 on: December 30, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »
You're allowed to change LTWs in an immortal dynasty. In fact, Rica had to do that with Artie's first run because his LTW was glitched.

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #6828 on: December 30, 2012, 03:13:33 PM »
You're allowed to change LTWs in an immortal dynasty. In fact, Rica had to do that with Artie's first run because his LTW was glitched.

Now that's good news :D! On the bad note, I'm getting all the challenges muddled up:s!
Mission Unnamed

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6829 on: December 30, 2012, 03:20:36 PM »
Again double check that there isn't anything in the family inventory or personal inventory of the Sims especially gifts they got as celebrities and try switching households.  Again there is a loss of wishes but it might work.

I tried to send the family to Egypt, and that worked normally. I think I might try sending them to China one more time, just to make sure it isn't something to do with visiting the same country twice, then I'll try more drastic measures. Thanks for all the help!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6830 on: December 30, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
While I wait for the logic and marriage patch for those of us who don't have Seasons, as well as next week's tournament challenges to begin, I've decided to start another immortal dynasty in Lunar Lakes.  I've already done most of the initial planning, and I'm leaning towards the 60x60 lot but I'm wondering if there's any reason the 64x64 lot may be a better choice, aside from being closer to special seeds. I do plan to plunk down the Film Studio and Exclusive Lounge somewhere so I'll need space for those, although I don't expect that to be a huge problem even if I do go with the 64x64 instead. I don't feel like I'll need the space, however I don't remember off the top of my head how far out of town the 60x60 is - I know the 64x64 is fairly centralized. Anyway, just curious if anyone had an opinion one way or the other.

I'm currently attempting a second Dynasty in LL myself (but alas, the game file keeps crashing when I save. It's annoying) - I wound up picking 15 Hyperion Way just because I like the location. In the small cluster of houses just on the other side of the river/road, there's space to put a couple of small lots if you want (I did the junkyard and salon, myself). On the other side of the lot, just before it turns, you can easily plant a 40x40 lot - I did that to put in the Al Fresco Marketplace. And you can also put another lot across the street (I did the Ice Lounge that came with Seasons). Also, fishing is there across the street if you want, and I find that mountain/cliffside makes a lovely backdrop for photos and portraits.

I wanted to use 65 Hyperion Way, but its location kept me from putting some other lots down I wanted, and I really dislike the travelling time. But 65 Hyperion isn't too terribly out of the way if you prefer it - about same distance from downtown as 15 Hyperion Way, I believe.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #6831 on: December 30, 2012, 04:36:08 PM »
Just out of curiosity...What exactly should I do if, oh say, all my portraits spontaneously decide that reality as we know it is not the place for them and vanish from the museum?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6832 on: December 30, 2012, 04:41:01 PM »
While I wait for the logic and marriage patch for those of us who don't have Seasons, as well as next week's tournament challenges to begin, I've decided to start another immortal dynasty in Lunar Lakes.  I've already done most of the initial planning, and I'm leaning towards the 60x60 lot but I'm wondering if there's any reason the 64x64 lot may be a better choice, aside from being closer to special seeds. I do plan to plunk down the Film Studio and Exclusive Lounge somewhere so I'll need space for those, although I don't expect that to be a huge problem even if I do go with the 64x64 instead. I don't feel like I'll need the space, however I don't remember off the top of my head how far out of town the 60x60 is - I know the 64x64 is fairly centralized. Anyway, just curious if anyone had an opinion one way or the other.

I just finished a dynasty in Lunar Lakes using the 60 x 60 lot.  Yeah it's a little out of the way but I think in a way that made it easier.  No trees to have to render while at home.  No neighbors to make mad by using a miner.  It wasn't actually that far of a ride to get anywhere.  Especially once I started getting faster cars/brooms/bikes.  The 64 x 64 is almost pretty much the same amount of distance from the science center which I consider the center of town.  The difference being the 64 x 64 has neighbors nearby.   

I don't think there is an advantage for one over the other as much as it's personal preference.   I ended up using the area by the 64 x 64 for both horse training ground and eq center as well as placing The Grind and the movie studio.   I also made use of that area by the alien ship burn mark to place items since those are empty lots and can be destroyed.

The hardest part about Lunar Lakes is the fact that all of it's lots are small and oddly shaped.    Same faster loading time with more free lots comes with Lucky Palms.   Just remember if you choose either one that no lots are auto placed so you need to remember consignment shops, fire stations, etc.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6833 on: December 30, 2012, 04:42:17 PM »
Just out of curiosity...What exactly should I do if, oh say, all my portraits spontaneously decide that reality as we know it is not the place for them and vanish from the museum?

Double check previous save to see if they are still there.   If your last saved game was a whiles back don't forget that the .backup in your save folder is also a separate save and it's the one that was previously written over so try it too.   

I would clear caches, all but ccmerged in DCBackup. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #6834 on: December 30, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »
Thanks Rica & Shirin - I think I'm leaning towards the 60x60 all things considered. Since most of my immortals will have rabbithole jobs, it's good to know that the 60x60 is about the same distance from town as the 64x64 - for some reason I thought it may have been further out but I wasn't sure. Fishing may be an issue since I'm saving it for a later generation, but between helpers, spouses, and other options I should be okay.  I don't plan to supermax riding so I won't be placing the equestrian center - any spouse that ends up with The Jockey LTW will get that changed post-haste, heh. Nothing against horses, it's just that I'm still a little traumatized from having a horse (along with a dog) taken by the social worker in another file.  ::) I was playing somewhat recently with LL and was able to put in a number of empty lots (including a couple of 64x64s) in addition to the already existing ones. I did notice that I'll have to plant a couple of 20x30 lots that I otherwise wouldn't need to do in other towns which is a bummer, but I can still get what I need in there, junkyard, fire station and all. Thanks again!

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6835 on: December 30, 2012, 09:40:28 PM »
I have just attained my first Immortal!!!
I have never gotten this far in this challenge before, but I suppose plenty of early failures taught me what to do and what not to do at the beginning. I'm really enjoying the family as well. I chose not to write a story this time around, I attempted one once before and I found that the story writing was too much extra on top of all the requirements of the challenge.
Perhaps if I make it into HOF I will attempt a second dynasty and write a story for it.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6836 on: December 31, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »
I have just attained my first Immortal!!!
I have never gotten this far in this challenge before, but I suppose plenty of early failures taught me what to do and what not to do at the beginning. I'm really enjoying the family as well. I chose not to write a story this time around, I attempted one once before and I found that the story writing was too much extra on top of all the requirements of the challenge.
Perhaps if I make it into HOF I will attempt a second dynasty and write a story for it.

Congratulations. :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6837 on: December 31, 2012, 11:59:39 AM »
Is it considered unlawful life extending to have a female immortal or spouse pregnant at the very end of her adult stage? Since I heard that their elder birthday is held off until they give birth, is that banned under dynasty rules? All of my top choices for female spouses for generation two (if it's a boy; I'm leaving that to fate) are far older than generation two.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6838 on: December 31, 2012, 12:00:54 PM »
That's not considered against the rules necessarily but just really good timing before you get stuck with someone who has to live out her elder days in your house.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6839 on: December 31, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »
Kaylynn Langerak is the only child sim in Sunset Valley missing a trait. Is it within the rules to use testingcheats to bring her up to a normal number of traits?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty