Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230803 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6810 on: December 29, 2012, 08:26:55 PM »
Another question,
Does it matter if all the requirements are completed before ageing to elder? Or just before ambrosia/death flower?

The requirements need to be completed before ambrosia/death flower, but not before elder. After all, you need elder life stage museum items.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #6811 on: December 29, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »
Just before ambrosia/death flower. Technically, you can't complete all the requirements before reaching Elder, as part of the requirements include the Elder portrait. You have potentially until just before death, although I can't advocate waiting that long.

Edit: Azokka beat me!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6812 on: December 29, 2012, 08:50:10 PM »
What do we do after we complete this challege?  ???

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6813 on: December 29, 2012, 08:59:32 PM »
Thanks guys! I think I was thinking of the Life States rules, with the requirements for each age.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6814 on: December 29, 2012, 09:01:55 PM »
What do we do after we complete this challege?  ???

Someone tells one of us and we get some information from you if it's a HOF entry.   I'm on my iPad right now but I'll send you a PM before I hit the sack if you're actually done.  Did you update your story to the end yet?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6815 on: December 29, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »
Okay, so some updates on my problems.

1. Kay cured her fairy boyfriend and the baby came out as a normal human. Success!

2. I removed Lolly's stuck moodlet and her hygiene acts normally now. More success!

3. Wei resets every time I try to send him to work. Not good. Even weirder is that my founder holds the exact same job (including same position) and he can go to work just fine. For reference, I can send Wei off lot for anything else. I tried resetting Wei with no success. Poor guy; he's in a terrible mood because of this.

4. Supermaxing gardening is a pain. Thankfully, my founder just celebrated his adult birthday and has a lovely greenhouse in the back and planters in the upstairs hallway, so I'm not panicking just yet. Just getting this off my chest; supermaxing cooking was about 7.8 billion times more easy. At least his career's going well.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6816 on: December 29, 2012, 09:22:04 PM »
Okay, so some updates on my problems.

1. Kay cured her fairy boyfriend and the baby came out as a normal human. Success!

2. I removed Lolly's stuck moodlet and her hygiene acts normally now. More success!

3. Wei resets every time I try to send him to work. Not good. Even weirder is that my founder holds the exact same job (including same position) and he can go to work just fine. For reference, I can send Wei off lot for anything else. I tried resetting Wei with no success. Poor guy; he's in a terrible mood because of this.

4. Supermaxing gardening is a pain. Thankfully, my founder just celebrated his adult birthday and has a lovely greenhouse in the back and planters in the upstairs hallway, so I'm not panicking just yet. Just getting this off my chest; supermaxing cooking was about 7.8 billion times more easy. At least his career's going well.

And you've used reset on Wei?  Double checked all his work outfits made sure there weren't extra?  Had him wait for the car or go two hours early?  Everything else is fine.. he just won't work?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6817 on: December 29, 2012, 09:23:47 PM »
Someone tells one of us and we get some information from you if it's a HOF entry.   I'm on my iPad right now but I'll send you a PM before I hit the sack if you're actually done.  Did you update your story to the end yet?

I'm working on the story, and I need a few more pictures, but I'll be done soon. XD

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6818 on: December 29, 2012, 09:25:05 PM »
I'm working on the story, and I need a few more pictures, but I'll be done soon. XD

Well let me be the first of many congratulations :)   Like I said - I'll send you some information.  Don't forget a picture of all the immortals together.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6819 on: December 29, 2012, 09:29:48 PM »
And you've used reset on Wei?  Double checked all his work outfits made sure there weren't extra?  Had him wait for the car or go two hours early?  Everything else is fine.. he just won't work?

I never heard about the outfits issue. What exactly should I do for that? He automatically added Work to his queue at 8:00, though he dropped it once he had to do the action. I press the button in his career panel for him to go to work, but he instantly resets. As far as I'm concerned, he's otherwise just fine.

Yep, I reset him multiple times.

All that I did differently was send him to the fire station after a late-night fishing session. He showered and took a pre-work nap there, since I didn't feel like sending him home. I don't think that should cause issues, but heck, the game is quite surprising with these things.

EDIT: I changed him into his career outfit and that fixed the issue. Quick Wei, you have an LTW to complete!

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6820 on: December 29, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »
Well let me be the first of many congratulations :)   Like I said - I'll send you some information.  Don't forget a picture of all the immortals together.

Thanks Rica! I've got that picture done.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6821 on: December 30, 2012, 01:44:17 PM »
What's the solution?  For me, I had to make sure nothing was in family or personal inventory and I ended up having to move the family to the clipboard and then putting them back before it would work.   That makes you lose all wishes though.

I moved the family to the clipboard and back, but trying to go to Shang Simla still resulted in the same problem. Is there anything else that works?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6822 on: December 30, 2012, 02:01:19 PM »
Again double check that there isn't anything in the family inventory or personal inventory of the Sims especially gifts they got as celebrities and try switching households.  Again there is a loss of wishes but it might work.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #6823 on: December 30, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »
Hi! Thank you all for your replies!

It may help you to know that adopted babies count towards the LTW, and I believe once the heir has been born from a natural pregnancy according to the rules, adoption is allowed... so there's no need for any lover at all, if moving a new man into the house won't work out for you for some reason. Although if there was room for the dead husband, there should be room for a new boyfriend.

Yes but if I move in a lover then there'll be over the limit of eight in the household as I'm targetting for five children. Hmm glad you told about adoption as I didn't know that before!

Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #6824 on: December 30, 2012, 02:52:20 PM »
While I wait for the logic and marriage patch for those of us who don't have Seasons, as well as next week's tournament challenges to begin, I've decided to start another immortal dynasty in Lunar Lakes.  I've already done most of the initial planning, and I'm leaning towards the 60x60 lot but I'm wondering if there's any reason the 64x64 lot may be a better choice, aside from being closer to special seeds. I do plan to plunk down the Film Studio and Exclusive Lounge somewhere so I'll need space for those, although I don't expect that to be a huge problem even if I do go with the 64x64 instead. I don't feel like I'll need the space, however I don't remember off the top of my head how far out of town the 60x60 is - I know the 64x64 is fairly centralized. Anyway, just curious if anyone had an opinion one way or the other.

anything