Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230084 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6795 on: December 29, 2012, 02:51:10 AM »
With Surrounded by Family LTW the first time, I had the first four born to the parents and the fifth one adopted. My founder and gen 2 were both males.

The next time, I had a couple of early children adopted, and then the third one was the heir.

I've also played around with a helper having Surrounded by Family LTW, and my male founder kind of helping with that and having one of the females marked out as his spouse. In the case I'm thinking of it was the Grisbys. Their daughter, Laurel was painter, teen and earmarked as spouse for my male heir. I adopted the next three children, and then the fourth one Ma and Pa Grisby had a boy. That game became glitchy before I could get my founder anywhere near immortality and so forth.

Laurel as teen counted towards this LTW for Ma Grisby (as Mr and Mrs Grisby had already raised her from nooboo hood) and helped out with raising her siblings through the toddler years, having four of them helping with teaching toddler skills was great. Pa Grisby was my sculptor and Ma Grisby was my fisher/gardener (and I think cook). The game glitched in the first generation.

I do have a real cunning plan for my next attempt at the surrounded by family LTW.

I've previously been told in this thread by one of the challenge moderators that under these rules adoption is permitted prior to a natural birth, and that the adoption doesn't affect your next heir ... the heir is simply the first naturally born baby to your current immortal.

Also, don't forget that male immortals don't HAVE to give birth to the next generation until after they become immortal.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6796 on: December 29, 2012, 03:09:31 AM »
Having completed an Immortal Dynasty, my best advice is to use a different LTW.  Surrounded by Family is hard to do and complicates the challenge more than necessary, and can even make it fail.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6797 on: December 29, 2012, 12:04:30 PM »
I got my founder's YA photo, but I forgot to take it out of the camera before his adult birthday. Same with his YA sculpture (finished long before his birthday, but I never took it off the sculpting station). His YA portrait is up on the wall. Do those count towards the museum total, or am I just stuck with the portrait?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6798 on: December 29, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »
I got my founder's YA photo, but I forgot to take it out of the camera before his adult birthday. Same with his YA sculpture (finished long before his birthday, but I never took it off the sculpting station). His YA portrait is up on the wall. Do those count towards the museum total, or am I just stuck with the portrait?

If a painting can count on the easel than a sculpture can count on the sculpting station I would think.  Not sure about the photograph though. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6799 on: December 29, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »
The photo isn't worth much, so I won't fret over it if I can't include it as an official museum piece (I might place it just because it looks nice).

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6800 on: December 29, 2012, 12:40:25 PM »
Metro says that's fine just go ahead and place it as soon as possible.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6801 on: December 29, 2012, 04:15:36 PM »
Thanks. :D

Also, I think that Lolly might have a stuck moodlet. No matter how often she showers, she still has the hygiene failure moodlet and the stench with her hygiene bar maxed out. This isn't happening to anyone else in the house, and it's ruining all my screenshots too. If I can't get it to go away by having her use another shower or any other method, can I use testingcheatsenabled to remove it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6802 on: December 29, 2012, 04:25:11 PM »
My 4th generation's Supermax is Martial Arts. My family owns a vacation home in China, but when I tried to send her there to complete the tournament, the screen showed up "blank." No family members, no cash, and China registered as the "home town." I found a solution that seems to work for lots of people on the WA board, but I'm worried that sending her there again for the tournament will result in the same problem. Does anyone know of a solution that solves the problem completely?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline brennan068

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6803 on: December 29, 2012, 04:28:14 PM »
Thanks. :D

Also, I think that Lolly might have a stuck moodlet. No matter how often she showers, she still has the hygiene failure moodlet and the stench with her hygiene bar maxed out. This isn't happening to anyone else in the house, and it's ruining all my screenshots too. If I can't get it to go away by having her use another shower or any other method, can I use testingcheatsenabled to remove it?

That's in the tech talk on the rules page - yes you can.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6804 on: December 29, 2012, 04:58:48 PM »
My 4th generation's Supermax is Martial Arts. My family owns a vacation home in China, but when I tried to send her there to complete the tournament, the screen showed up "blank." No family members, no cash, and China registered as the "home town." I found a solution that seems to work for lots of people on the WA board, but I'm worried that sending her there again for the tournament will result in the same problem. Does anyone know of a solution that solves the problem completely?

What's the solution?  For me, I had to make sure nothing was in family or personal inventory and I ended up having to move the family to the clipboard and then putting them back before it would work.   That makes you lose all wishes though.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6805 on: December 29, 2012, 07:58:13 PM »
I have this sneaky little feeling today that what I did with my Dynasty family is for some reason not allowed. I want to make sure it's ok before continuing.

Founder got married, and also moved in 2 helpers, one male one female.
The two helpers then married.
Each couple got pregnant around the same time, so that Gen 2 would have a ready-made spouse.
So I currently have 6 people, leaving room for Gen 3 and even Gen 3's spouse, depending how old the spares and Gen 1's Husband get.

I don't think any more helpers will be needed after this.

All clear?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6806 on: December 29, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »
I have this sneaky little feeling today that what I did with my Dynasty family is for some reason not allowed. I want to make sure it's ok before continuing.

Founder got married, and also moved in 2 helpers, one male one female.
The two helpers then married.
Each couple got pregnant around the same time, so that Gen 2 would have a ready-made spouse.
So I currently have 6 people, leaving room for Gen 3 and even Gen 3's spouse, depending how old the spares and Gen 1's Husband get.

I don't think any more helpers will be needed after this.

All clear?

Lots of Dynasties have done that very same thing. Others have filled the house to capacity with pets and elders.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6807 on: December 29, 2012, 08:01:56 PM »
Excellent, thanks! No pets for me this time around... while I do love the kitties I found them quite annoying at the start of a dynasty. I may adopt one later on.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6808 on: December 29, 2012, 08:22:08 PM »
What's the solution?  For me, I had to make sure nothing was in family or personal inventory and I ended up having to move the family to the clipboard and then putting them back before it would work.   That makes you lose all wishes though.

And this is done in the home town, completely solves the problem, and does not violate the dynasty rules? I just want to be absolutely certain that I won't lose HoF status by moving them
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6809 on: December 29, 2012, 08:24:18 PM »
Another question,
Does it matter if all the requirements are completed before ageing to elder? Or just before ambrosia/death flower?