Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230920 times)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6780 on: December 26, 2012, 09:18:13 AM »
Deklitch - what worked for me in the past when I got a town to load, but the sims didn't arrive, was to switch households momentarily - DO NOT do this without Metro or Rica's permission, but Twallan has said that a lot of the time this bug is related to the opportunity system and switching household essentially reboots that. On the downside, it will cancel all promised wishes and possibly reset some lifetime wish and skill challenge counters, but traveling will reset some skill challenge counters all on its own...

Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6781 on: December 26, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »
Is it okay to use previous saves to retroactively take screenshots? I doubt my ability to get everything I need while I'm playing the real file, which is fine for the Rusts and Graves, but for these new ones, not so much.

Though I'm really confident in this dynasty otherwise. The plot is really coming together for me, and I'm honestly really excited to actually get started!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6782 on: December 26, 2012, 04:38:01 PM »
Is it okay to use previous saves to retroactively take screenshots? I doubt my ability to get everything I need while I'm playing the real file, which is fine for the Rusts and Graves, but for these new ones, not so much.

Yes, that's fine.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6783 on: December 26, 2012, 05:19:19 PM »
With the Dusty Old Lamp, can your Sim wish to free the genie, then immediately kick him out?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6784 on: December 26, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »
With the Dusty Old Lamp, can your Sim wish to free the genie, then immediately kick him out?
Yes - although if your household is full, they immediately move on.

What caches do you clear if you have premium content?
This thread is for immortal dynasties.  Did you have a question for a dynasty?   

As for the caches, it's all the ones listed on this thread on the technical help board.  Just delete them plus all the files but the ccmerged.package file from your DCBackup.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Sugarnibble

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6785 on: December 27, 2012, 04:58:52 PM »
Can immortals be the child of an invisible friend?
Sims geek, book junkie, lover of lists.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6786 on: December 27, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »
Yes they can. I can think of at least three dynasties that did. Just note that there is an issue where the household stops aging if an imaginary friend is bred (it doesn't happen all the time, though), so save often.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sugarnibble

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6787 on: December 27, 2012, 05:16:27 PM »
Ok thankyou!
Sims geek, book junkie, lover of lists.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #6788 on: December 28, 2012, 11:49:12 PM »
I'm really sorry but I'm a bit confused.

Is it ok for a female heir to have a spare out of wedlock without the father being in the household?
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6789 on: December 28, 2012, 11:53:35 PM »
I'm really sorry but I'm a bit confused.

Is it ok for a female heir to have a spare out of wedlock without the father being in the household?

What's the exact situation?   Is the female having an affair with someone outside the house and had a second child?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6790 on: December 29, 2012, 12:46:53 AM »
One of my roomies was trying for a baby with her boyfriend from outside the house, and literally in the middle of it (And before you think I'm misusing the word literally, they started woohooing when he was a human and he came out with big blue wings. Yep), he turned into a fairy. If I throw a potent cure elixir his way ASAP, is there any risk of the baby being a fairy?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6791 on: December 29, 2012, 12:48:22 AM »
A very small chance perhaps.   Save the game and play it through the pregnancy to see what happens. 

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #6792 on: December 29, 2012, 01:13:56 AM »
What's the exact situation?   Is the female having an affair with someone outside the house and had a second child?

In my dynasty, the founders LTW is surrounded by family. Her husband died suddenly, and she has two more kids to go. Alternatively I can try with one of her two stepsons but that's gross.
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6793 on: December 29, 2012, 01:31:34 AM »
In my dynasty, the founders LTW is surrounded by family. Her husband died suddenly, and she has two more kids to go. Alternatively I can try with one of her two stepsons but that's gross.

It may help you to know that adopted babies count towards the LTW, and I believe once the heir has been born from a natural pregnancy according to the rules, adoption is allowed... so there's no need for any lover at all, if moving a new man into the house won't work out for you for some reason. Although if there was room for the dead husband, there should be room for a new boyfriend.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6794 on: December 29, 2012, 01:39:22 AM »

If you want to do it then that's fine; however I have a small bit of advice-- if your second generation is female, change your founder's LTW.  Fulfilling the LTW will make you have your founder + 5 + 2stepsons which equals eight.  There is no guarantee your two stepsons will die before your second generation hits elder.  Which means gen 2 wouldn't be able to move in spouse or have children until the Alvin boys both die.  Cathy above me had first generation spouse live to be 152 and I had two spouses live to be over 130 and put me in a time lock waiting for them to die.  Luckily until generation 7, all of my heirs were male.