Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230737 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6765 on: December 24, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »
Thank you Ricalynn - good point regarding the title of it and leaving it open to future immortals as well. I will do what you suggest and leave it open. I'll probably also do that with the honor roll opportunity.

EDIT: To avoid double posting ... Surname changes depend on who does the proposing? So if I want the Enterprise surname to continue, Majel has to propose?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6766 on: December 24, 2012, 06:16:30 PM »
Correct on the surname thing. Though if you'd rather have Gene propose, you could just have their names changed at City Hall later.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6767 on: December 25, 2012, 12:21:59 AM »
Guys, my Generation 7 immortal-to-be became invisible! I'd read about sims disappearing in the Technical Section and went back to the backup save. But somehow she still disappear when the carpool for work comes! She's still in the family portrait somehow, and can perform task. But she's invisible! HELP  :'(

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6768 on: December 25, 2012, 12:25:15 AM »
Guys, my Generation 7 immortal-to-be became invisible! I'd read about sims disappearing in the Technical Section and went back to the backup save. But somehow she still disappear when the carpool for work comes! She's still in the family portrait somehow, and can perform task. But she's invisible! HELP  :'(
Go back to your last save and have her change clothes using a dresser.  Tell me if that works before you try anything else.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6769 on: December 25, 2012, 01:23:15 AM »
Thank Rica, it works! She made it through Saturday! I was so afraid that I'm gonna lose them!  :'(

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6770 on: December 26, 2012, 12:07:34 AM »
Hi, me again. I seem to have finally caught the travelling bug.

Majel just got married to Gene when he aged to YA. She proposed, so they are Enterprises. They begged to go on a honeymoon and I agreed with them. I saved the game before I went to travel. The first time it all just froze, nothing happened. I had to turn the computer off and on again. The next time, somehow they tried to get to the French town. Champs Les Sims appeared et al, but my sims didn't. So I exited and reentered the sims 3. This time they did go to the Chinese town. Once again the town appeared, but not my 2 sims. Is there anything that I can do to travel, or should I do without and not have later immortals try to supermax martial arts?

Edit: I have successfully travelled previously in Sims 3, without any troubles.

Edit 2: I have now cleared out the caches, with the exception of that file that impacts on the tabcast working properly.

Edit 3: I've also just discovered that Majel has lost a trait! She only has 4 traits instead of 5. The 5th trait should be Friendly. Is there something I can do about this?

Dek

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #6771 on: December 26, 2012, 12:53:26 AM »

Does anyone know if supernatural types can be inherited from grandparents? For example, I'm considering getting married to a sim who is not a supernatural, but one of this sim's parents was an un-allowed type of supernatural. If they marry, could the baby inherit grandma's un-allowed supernatural type? It's a bit of a rarity to snag a trait from a grandparent, I know, but it would be a terrible way to end a dynasty. Or, on the off chance that it did happen, would I be allowed to go back to a prior save and try for a new baby?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6772 on: December 26, 2012, 01:02:36 AM »
Occult status can't be inherited from grandparents. Though if you're really worried, you can just chuck a potent cure elixir at the offending party.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6773 on: December 26, 2012, 01:51:36 AM »
Edit: I have successfully travelled previously in Sims 3, without any troubles.

Edit 2: I have now cleared out the caches, with the exception of that file that impacts on the tabcast working properly.

Edit 3: I've also just discovered that Majel has lost a trait! She only has 4 traits instead of 5. The 5th trait should be Friendly. Is there something I can do about this?

Dek

Try to travel one more time now that you've cleared the caches.  Also, are you updated to the most recent patch?  Seems like the travelling bug got fixed somewhere along the way, but I'm not sure when.

You may add Majel's 5th trait back using testing cheats.  This is considered a technical glitch out of your control.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6774 on: December 26, 2012, 04:00:18 AM »
Thanks Pam.

I have tried to travel again with the same result (my sims don't appear in the destination town). I have tried it with the same sims as previously and different sims (and get that same result).

I have also emptied my family inventory, so that there is no longer anything there.

I have the launcher set to automatically download game patch updates, so as far as I know, I'm at the current patch. It did just update the store content. The launcher tells met that the current version is: 16.0.136.019001 ... Is that what it should be saying?

One further thing has happened. The thumbnail picture of my sims (in this game file) is all distorted. Their arms and what not are all over the place, and sims are with incorrect partners.

At one stage through the process, my keyboard went haywire on me. None of the letter/number keys would work, delete put in an underscore and esc dropped me out of the program. That was the first time I attempted to add Majel's 5th trait back in. I had no choice but to reboot my computer (CTRL-Alt-Del) wouldn't even work.

Edit: One more thing happens that I just remembered ... I sent one of the household to the mailbox and collected the mail. Various townies sent gifts to the household, all of which became gift boxes and described as 'omni plants' in that sim's inventory. She also got a stack of bills in her inventory, despite one of my sims having 'no bills ever' as a LTR. I can't get rid of either the bills or the gift boxes from her inventory, not even after using the enable cheats cheat.

Edit 2: Adding Majel's trait back in worked without a hitch, it appears.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6775 on: December 26, 2012, 04:26:35 AM »
Thanks Pam.

I have tried to travel again with the same result (my sims don't appear in the destination town). I have tried it with the same sims as previously and different sims (and get that same result).

I have also emptied my family inventory, so that there is no longer anything there.

I have the launcher set to automatically download game patch updates, so as far as I know, I'm at the current patch. It did just update the store content. The launcher tells met that the current version is: 16.0.136.019001 ... Is that what it should be saying?

One further thing has happened. The thumbnail picture of my sims (in this game file) is all distorted. Their arms and what not are all over the place, and sims are with incorrect partners.

At one stage through the process, my keyboard went haywire on me. None of the letter/number keys would work, delete put in an underscore and esc dropped me out of the program. That was the first time I attempted to add Majel's 5th trait back in. I had no choice but to reboot my computer (CTRL-Alt-Del) wouldn't even work.

Edit: One more thing happens that I just remembered ... I sent one of the household to the mailbox and collected the mail. Various townies sent gifts to the household, all of which became gift boxes and described as 'omni plants' in that sim's inventory. She also got a stack of bills in her inventory, despite one of my sims having 'no bills ever' as a LTR. I can't get rid of either the bills or the gift boxes from her inventory, not even after using the enable cheats cheat.

Edit 2: Adding Majel's trait back in worked without a hitch, it appears.

You're really having some issues!  Do you have a previous save file that you can use?  With these kinds of technical problems, it's perfectly fine to use a save that was before the trouble started.  Also, mods are against the rules for the challenge, but are you running any third party custom content?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6776 on: December 26, 2012, 04:40:25 AM »
The previous save file was from a long time prior to this (Majel and Gene were at the child age).

I do save regularly, I just keep on forgetting to save them as different file names.

I don't use any 3rd party custom content. I just purchase things from the Sims 3 store and use those.

I'll go back to the previous saved game I have.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6777 on: December 26, 2012, 04:43:51 AM »
The previous save file was from a long time prior to this (Majel and Gene were at the child age).

I do save regularly, I just keep on forgetting to save them as different file names.

I don't use any 3rd party custom content. I just purchase things from the Sims 3 store and use those.

I'll go back to the previous saved game I have.

I hate for you to lose all of that play time, but if that's your only choice, not much else you can do.  You're welcome to also start a topic on the Technical Help board to see if there are others who can help you better.  Be sure to use those alternate names!  It can be critical as you've discovered.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6778 on: December 26, 2012, 04:47:53 AM »
I'll remember that for the future. Thanks Pam.

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #6779 on: December 26, 2012, 09:02:49 AM »

This happened to me a very long time ago, before I knew about "ResetSim" I had a buggy party goer and used "testingcheats" to delete her (if I remember correctly that corrected these bugs in Sims 2), it worked and everyone went on their way, but from that point on, no one in my family could travel (It would load, but my sims wouldn't appear, it would be stuck in the travelled town), I also came to find out that the meanest part of this glitch was that my game froze when a sim would die. This may be your issue, in which I am sad to say the only way I got around it was be deleting that game file.

anything