Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230041 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6750 on: December 22, 2012, 04:17:08 AM »
Thanks for the tip Pam! Hope I can bear with it until generation 8 is born.

Do they still have their jobs? If so, that keeps them out of my hair. Also they partake in their SuperMax skills - like my 2nd Generation, when he's not working, is often painting. He hit a painting worth $5,700 today - and it was only brilliant (he has several LTR's and Fresco Fest under his belt).

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6751 on: December 22, 2012, 04:22:41 AM »
Thanks for the tip Pam! Hope I can bear with it until generation 8 is born.

I can't take credit for that particular tip with the television.  I believe Metro was the first to use it.  And if you haven't read his story yet, you should.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6752 on: December 22, 2012, 05:31:47 AM »
They still have their jobs, and it does helps when they go for work. But it's still boring.  :(
Then I should thank Metro instead.  ;D

P.S. Generation 6 spouse is on 87 days and Generation 7 is ready to have a baby. It's so close!

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6753 on: December 22, 2012, 08:32:35 AM »
Six sets of virtual life goggles...

If you don't need Athletics for a supermax, make them all go jogging. Line 'em up, pick a spot on the map far, far away, and just check on their progress occasionally. They'll probably get fatigued and stand around doing nothing before they actually get where you sent them.

Have them learn instruments. Pretty much anyone will participate in a jam session until they're ready to starve or pee themselves.

Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6754 on: December 22, 2012, 09:01:44 AM »
Just remember if you do sit them in front of the TV do not let them watch the fishing,gardening or cooking channels if you have those as supermax skills.
My elders had shuffleboard championships and they all learned an instrument.Also trips out to the local pub/bar can be entertaining.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6755 on: December 22, 2012, 09:28:59 AM »
The Grims all played video games or played instruments.   They also all had tasks like everyone said.  My painter had a total of 8 easels in the yard and I would load them up as action queues when he woke up.  All Larges to keep him busy all day.  My martial artist never stopped board breaking unless there was a family event going on.  I had one sim whose garden I made so big it took him all day to take care of it.   I had another who did nothing but sculpt ice sims of another sim!  That was a two in one!  The last one I was going for the 2000 km achievement so he woke up, ate an apple and jogged to the other side of town, than up the mountain, than down to the beach, than over to the graveyard and then it was the end of the day and time to come home. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6756 on: December 22, 2012, 10:42:21 AM »
Thanks for all the great suggestions! I found a great way to keep them away now. I have all the elders read the masterpiece of my writer which they will read it for the whole day!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6757 on: December 22, 2012, 10:59:16 AM »
Great tip you should put that in the immortal dynasty hints and tips thread over on the immortal dynasty story board.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #6758 on: December 22, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
Check under the rules with the header "Household Matters" if they are allowed in the household than you can have an heir be that particular life state.

Ah excellent. Had seen that they were allowed in the household, just wasn't sure if they were allowed as immortals as well as household members.

Offline Pluto_Proserpina

• Nooboo
« Reply #6759 on: December 22, 2012, 11:44:40 PM »
Thanks for the gardening tip.   I will soon have death flowers everywhere!  I also revived a lettuce that had died, probably from lack of water.

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6760 on: December 23, 2012, 07:25:50 AM »
Guys, I think my generation 6 spouse is glitched, she's 103 days old but her life bar shows 100 days instead. She aged normally before 100, but now it just stop moving forward. Is she still possible to die of old age? Cause my generation 7 can't give birth while she's around. Help :(

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6761 on: December 23, 2012, 11:52:50 AM »
Guys, I think my generation 6 spouse is glitched, she's 103 days old but her life bar shows 100 days instead. She aged normally before 100, but now it just stop moving forward. Is she still possible to die of old age? Cause my generation 7 can't give birth while she's around. Help :(
Clear out your caches, restart the computer and wait a Sim day to see if it will go up a day.   

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6762 on: December 23, 2012, 01:02:28 PM »
Thanks Rica, but she died of old age. The screen still shows her being 100 years old but she was in fact 109 years old! With her passing, the 8th generation is on the way. I'll update my story soon.  :)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6763 on: December 24, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »
7. Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed (BlackOps). These can be Career, School/Scavenger Hunt, Skill, Special, and Celebrity Opportunities. Note: Immortals can have overlap in their opportunities that they do, as long as they have accomplished 6 unique ones. Opportunities that come in a string — i.e. the Omni Plant chain — all qualify as separate opportunities with different titles. Opportunities with the same name canot be counted twice — i.e. the various Learn a Recipe opportunities. Travel adventures cannot qualify towards BlackOps (but the Free Vacation opportunity is okay) and you cannot complete the Oh My Ghost! opportunity.

Just a question or three about the above, just so I have it clear in my head ...

1 Majel has just rolled up "After School Reward Ceremony" for her time in the Music Club as an opportunity, does that count as a school opportunity?
2 When it says that 'Travel adventures cannot qualify towards BlackOps' does that mean the ops that require you to go to France/China/Egypt to take a picture/deliver a painting/pick up fruit etc etc etc or the actual things you can do in those locations in the tombs?
3 She also had "All Strings Attached" which was related to the Music Club. Does that count as a school opportunity?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6764 on: December 24, 2012, 05:38:13 PM »
7. Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed (BlackOps). These can be Career, School/Scavenger Hunt, Skill, Special, and Celebrity Opportunities. Note: Immortals can have overlap in their opportunities that they do, as long as they have accomplished 6 unique ones. Opportunities that come in a string — i.e. the Omni Plant chain — all qualify as separate opportunities with different titles. Opportunities with the same name cannot be counted twice — i.e. the various Learn a Recipe opportunities. Travel adventures cannot qualify towards BlackOps (but the Free Vacation opportunity is okay) and you cannot complete the Oh My Ghost! opportunity.

Just a question or three about the above, just so I have it clear in my head ...

1 Majel has just rolled up "After School Reward Ceremony" for her time in the Music Club as an opportunity, does that count as a school opportunity?
2 When it says that 'Travel adventures cannot qualify towards BlackOps' does that mean the ops that require you to go to France/China/Egypt to take a picture/deliver a painting/pick up fruit etc etc etc or the actual things you can do in those locations in the tombs?
3 She also had "All Strings Attached" which was related to the Music Club. Does that count as a school opportunity?

1 - It goes into one of the three slots on the opportunity tab?  Yes it can be a BlackOp as long as no other immortal completes the same opportunity.  Just a note - if the name really is "After School Reward Ceremony" than that means it's the same name for every afterschool activity and I would suggest waiting for a different one to count on the list.  Especially since she's so young and there are so many more to come.

2 - Adventures are the ones you pick up from the adventure board while in China/France/Egypt and only show up on the adventure journal.  Those do not count.   The ones from Sunset Valley that say Go to China show up in the career/skill/special op slots so they count.

3 - See first two sentences of #1