Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230006 times)

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6735 on: December 21, 2012, 12:21:32 PM »
Guys, I've been playing back my dynasty family again. However, I didn't buy the new expansion (seasons) yet. It's okay for me to continue right?? I'm also a little concern about seasons ruining my game, that's why I didn't buy the new expansion yet.  :'(

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6736 on: December 21, 2012, 12:36:38 PM »
It's perfectly okay to play without an expansion. Don't fret about it. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6737 on: December 21, 2012, 12:42:39 PM »
Thanks for clearing my doubts. I hope I can finish my dynasty by this weekend and be done with it. It's been a year since I started and this dynasty has gone through 3 final exams with me.  :P

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6738 on: December 21, 2012, 02:07:45 PM »
There's three things you have to watch out for that come from having patch 1.42 but not Seasons: a) if you have people get married, you'll have to work around the "move in" screen not automatically popping up and the name not getting changed, b) apparently analyzing space rocks doesn't work, and c) the telescope won't work properly, so you won't be able to use Logic as a supermax if you haven't already completed the telescope challenge.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #6739 on: December 21, 2012, 08:06:10 PM »
Quick question, probably missed it in the rules - can an immortal be a witch? Assuming Imaginary Friends are fine for later generations, but would I be able to make an heir an imaginary friend? And would I be able to make them a witch? More curiosity rather than an important question, my current immortal story is human only at the moment.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6740 on: December 21, 2012, 08:07:52 PM »
Quick question, probably missed it in the rules - can an immortal be a witch? Assuming Imaginary Friends are fine for later generations, but would I be able to make an heir an imaginary friend? And would I be able to make them a witch? More curiosity rather than an important question, my current immortal story is human only at the moment.

Check under the rules with the header "Household Matters" if they are allowed in the household than you can have an heir be that particular life state. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6741 on: December 21, 2012, 09:19:06 PM »
There's three things you have to watch out for that come from having patch 1.42 but not Seasons: a) if you have people get married, you'll have to work around the "move in" screen not automatically popping up and the name not getting changed, b) apparently analyzing space rocks doesn't work, and c) the telescope won't work properly, so you won't be able to use Logic as a supermax if you haven't already completed the telescope challenge.

Are you sure the telescope doesn't work? I had an alien looking up stars 24/7, and he had no problem finishing that challenge.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6742 on: December 21, 2012, 09:20:48 PM »
Are you sure the telescope doesn't work? I had an alien looking up stars 24/7, and he had no problem finishing that challenge.

If you had an alien doing it, than you have Seasons installed which means the above quote isn't about your game.  Cathy was specifically talking about not having Seasons installed versus having it installed.   Telescopes are broken for anyone who doesn't have Seasons.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6743 on: December 21, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »

I'd patched out my game before I played, but I didn't notice any of the above problems. But since I'm already on my seventh generation, and logic was already a supermax by the fourth generation. I guess the troubles doesn't really affect me yet.  :)

P.S. I tried a new game file and the telescope is really broken  :( , is installing seasons the only way to fix this?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6744 on: December 21, 2012, 09:49:50 PM »
I'm patched out my game before I played, but I didn't notice any of the above problems. But since I'm already on my seventh generation, and logic was already a supermax by the fourth generation. I guess the troubles doesn't really affect me yet.  :)

P.S. I tried a new game file and the telescope is really broken  :( , is installing seasons the only way to fix this?

Seasons and mods but mods aren't allowed for challenges or dynasties.

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6745 on: December 21, 2012, 10:49:33 PM »
Seasons and mods but mods aren't allowed for challenges or dynasties.

Guess I'll have to buy Seasons, or wish someone will send it as a Christmas present this year.  :P

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6746 on: December 21, 2012, 10:51:14 PM »
Guess I'll have to buy Seasons, or wish someone will send it as a Christmas present this year.  :P

My understanding is that they're working on a fix.  However, I don't know when that fix will come out.  Maybe we can hope that the patch they give us for the new stuff pack will include the resolutions.

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6747 on: December 22, 2012, 02:32:33 AM »
Glad to hear about the fix. Now can anyone tell me what do you guys do when you have 6 elders in the house and nothing to do with them.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6748 on: December 22, 2012, 02:35:35 AM »
Glad to hear about the fix. Now can anyone tell me what do you guys do when you have 6 elders in the house and nothing to do with them.

Put them on tasks that will keep them out of the way and out of trouble.  For example, put them all in front of a television and let them watch it all day.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #6749 on: December 22, 2012, 04:13:13 AM »
Put them on tasks that will keep them out of the way and out of trouble.  For example, put them all in front of a television and let them watch it all day.

Thanks for the tip Pam! Hope I can bear with it until generation 8 is born.

anything