Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230641 times)

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6720 on: December 19, 2012, 11:38:52 PM »
When you harvest the death flower and the plant dies, a sim with the Green Thumb trait has a chance to "revive" the plant, returning it to Mature status. Having the Super Green Thumb LTR makes it more likely to work.

Ahhh this is wonderful news. I assume this can be done on all dead plants? My Gen 2 is scheduled in as the gardener.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6721 on: December 19, 2012, 11:42:18 PM »
I've only ever seen it on death flowers.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6722 on: December 20, 2012, 12:14:03 AM »
The revive interaction only works on death flowers and mushrooms.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #6723 on: December 20, 2012, 04:32:42 AM »
Are you sure? I feel like I've done it on other plants, but now I can't remember.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6724 on: December 20, 2012, 10:58:21 AM »
Good news: I made what I feel is the best decision for starting over. Thanks for your help. :)

Bad news: I'm going through lot placement, and nothing's really bothering me except for placing Waylon's Haunt. Mostly, this:

Somehow, all I can forsee is "huge routing nightmare" with that slope. Should I try placing it elsewhere? Should I beg for permission to alter the terrain (and only that) to make it a little more accessible? Or should I ignore my burning hatred for bouncer ropes and place the dive bar from Pets instead?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6725 on: December 20, 2012, 11:32:22 AM »
A - double check my post in the rules for the first answer.  I think it's last question.  On phone, so I can't really check at the moment. 

B - I like the smaller one because its 30 x 20 and cheap to buy and remove the rope which by the way lets everyone in regardless of celebrity level.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6726 on: December 20, 2012, 11:38:12 AM »
Yeah, I'll just go with the Pets one then. It will spare my founder the pain of hauling himself to the edge of town to drown his sorrows.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6727 on: December 20, 2012, 01:22:45 PM »
Are you sure? I feel like I've done it on other plants, but now I can't remember.

As far as my experience goes, it can be done on plants that are labelled as Dead, but not on plants labelled as Barren.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6728 on: December 20, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »
I, when I put in the large 64x64 at one point, could totally access it, even when it was on a giant slope like that - sims are magical sometimes. I can look up the game I was playing and show you.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6729 on: December 20, 2012, 02:29:55 PM »
As far as my experience goes, it can be done on plants that are labelled as Dead, but not on plants labelled as Barren.

That's been my experience as well.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6730 on: December 20, 2012, 05:20:29 PM »
Good news: I made what I feel is the best decision for starting over. Thanks for your help. :)

Bad news: I'm going through lot placement, and nothing's really bothering me except for placing Waylon's Haunt. Mostly, this:

[snip]

Somehow, all I can forsee is "huge routing nightmare" with that slope. Should I try placing it elsewhere? Should I beg for permission to alter the terrain (and only that) to make it a little more accessible? Or should I ignore my burning hatred for bouncer ropes and place the dive bar from Pets instead?

There'll be a flat point on the lot somewhere where the Sims can enter. :) Might be at the back somewhere, but it's there.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6731 on: December 20, 2012, 06:49:21 PM »

There'll be a flat point on the lot somewhere where the Sims can enter. :) Might be at the back somewhere, but it's there.

It's on the left-hand side there, just before the land goes down rather than up.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6732 on: December 20, 2012, 11:07:12 PM »
Oh my goodness, choosing another founder is seriously the best decision I ever made (I can let Journeyman retire, but giving up Twinbrook would be far too painful). I ended up making the guy around midnight last night by tweaking one of my old characters and loading all my favorite traits on him. He goes around Twinbrook randomly freaking out and contemplating the meaning of meaning. He's also caught in a very odd love-polygon, all on his free will. I freakin' love this guy and can't wait to see how everything unfolds. ;D

Also, Wei Keane brought in over 25,000. Just so people know.

(I ended up using the Pets dive bar, by the way. The bouncers there are pretty reasonable)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6733 on: December 21, 2012, 01:32:20 AM »
I don't know about mushrooms, but Death Flower plants are the only ones that die and can be revived.  The other plants go barren, which is permanent.  Also, a Death Flower bush can only be revived one time, then it goes barren.  You can get a total of two Death Flowers from a single plant.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #6734 on: December 21, 2012, 06:06:13 AM »
Other plants can die from neglect if you ignore them for too long. If you have the LTR Super Green Thumb this won't happen. Plants that die from neglect can be revived. All plants do eventually become Barren though, and those cannot be revived.

By samoht04

anything