Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230790 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6705 on: December 18, 2012, 10:29:11 AM »
There is a known bug in the game that came after Supernatural, I believe, that doesn't let gardeners harvest properly.  Your Sim will harvest from one plant and then stop.  You would have to harvest each plant individually.  Is this what is happening, Deklitch?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6706 on: December 18, 2012, 02:10:30 PM »
Getting ready to go on another attempt, playing in Riverview. I wanted to run my Edit Town usage by Rica and Metro before I started to play:
1) I changed Dogwood Playland, All The Rave Warehouse, and Water Hole Juice Bar to Hangouts. (These are on the list.)
2) I added the pet store, horse ranch, dog park, and cat jungle from Pets. To add the dog park and cat jungle I removed an empty 30 x 40 residential lot and added two 20 x 30 lots in the same space.
3) I added several bars from Supernatural, Pets, and Late Night. This involved adding a brand new 64 x 64 lot for one bar; the others I added were able to go on existing empty lots. (One result of this is that I will have both the Water Hole and the Watering Hole in my town. Hopefully I won't confuse myself.)

Am I good to go?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6707 on: December 18, 2012, 08:14:26 PM »
Getting ready to go on another attempt, playing in Riverview. I wanted to run my Edit Town usage by Rica and Metro before I started to play:
1) I changed Dogwood Playland, All The Rave Warehouse, and Water Hole Juice Bar to Hangouts. (These are on the list.)
2) I added the pet store, horse ranch, dog park, and cat jungle from Pets. To add the dog park and cat jungle I removed an empty 30 x 40 residential lot and added two 20 x 30 lots in the same space.
3) I added several bars from Supernatural, Pets, and Late Night. This involved adding a brand new 64 x 64 lot for one bar; the others I added were able to go on existing empty lots. (One result of this is that I will have both the Water Hole and the Watering Hole in my town. Hopefully I won't confuse myself.)

Am I good to go?

Live long and prosper.  Everything sounds fine to me.  Good luck.

@dek --recently ran into this myself and I had to get rid of whole garden unless you have a unicorn handy.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6708 on: December 18, 2012, 09:41:34 PM »
I know this is in the rules, but I want to be absolutely POSITIVE that I'm not going to break the Edit Town rules:
I will be getting Showtime soon; will I be able to add the new lots, such as coffeehouses and stadiums, to the designated lots (Recurve Strand, Maywood Glen, etc.) even though I have already placed the dynasty founder?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6709 on: December 18, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »
Recurve Strand & Maywood Glen cannot be deleted.  They can only have their lot designations changed and that had to have been done already before you placed your founder.  So no changes can be done to these lots at all.

You will be able to add new lots to add the new buildings.  Remember you don't need all 5 to finish a showtime career and unless you're really going to use them for your dynasty - you don't have to place them if you don't want to.  I reached level 10 with only a coffeehouse & park being used. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6710 on: December 19, 2012, 04:15:27 AM »
There is a known bug in the game that came after Supernatural, I believe, that doesn't let gardeners harvest properly.  Your Sim will harvest from one plant and then stop.  You would have to harvest each plant individually.  Is this what is happening, Deklitch?

Not quite Pam. It isn't allowing me to harvest from any of my home based plants, not even one of them. At one stage, I thought that might have been the issue, but plants in my home garden/home greenhouse don't give me the option to 'harvest' even when they are shown to be in the 'harvest' growth state and clearly have produce on them.

As for the plants, I've never had that happen in Summer so I'm not sure of why it is happening. Are they in those indoor planter bowls by chance? I find those things usually do not work properly for me.

My plants outside are in the ground. My ones inside are in planter bowls. All of the ones inside were Supernatural plants. I think I may have been able to harvest from the inside ones once during late spring.

However, plants not on my home lot (at the parks/others houses/the stones throw green house etc) can be harvested as per normal.

@Dek --recently ran into this myself and I had to get rid of whole garden unless you have a unicorn handy.

Ok then. I suppose it is time to see how quickly I can regrow my garden. I don't have a unicorn handy, unfortunately. :( I have 4 days until autumn/fall and 6 days until my founder becomes an Elder. This will be 'fun'. I really hope this attempt doesn't crash like the Enterprise D did in Generations. :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6711 on: December 19, 2012, 09:38:48 AM »
Ok then. I suppose it is time to see how quickly I can regrow my garden. I don't have a unicorn handy, unfortunately. :( I have 4 days until autumn/fall and 6 days until my founder becomes an Elder. This will be 'fun'. I really hope this attempt doesn't crash like the Enterprise D did in Generations. :)

Do you have the new greenhouse?  If you did that would make it a lot easier. I suggest building a room with a roof in the backyard for your garden and using moveObjects on to plan when it gets closer to fall.   The plants will never go dormant they will just look frosted over. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6712 on: December 19, 2012, 09:46:17 AM »
Do you have the new greenhouse?  If you did that would make it a lot easier. I suggest building a room with a roof in the backyard for your garden and using moveObjects on to plan when it gets closer to fall.   The plants will never go dormant they will just look frosted over.

I tried out this suggestion and it works perfectly. I don't have the greenhouse set so I just put big windows all around and it looks close enough to a greenhouse!
Thanks for the idea Rica :)

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6713 on: December 19, 2012, 09:50:10 AM »
Recurve Strand & Maywood Glen cannot be deleted.  They can only have their lot designations changed and that had to have been done already before you placed your founder.  So no changes can be done to these lots at all.

You will be able to add new lots to add the new buildings.  Remember you don't need all 5 to finish a showtime career and unless you're really going to use them for your dynasty - you don't have to place them if you don't want to.  I reached level 10 with only a coffeehouse & park being used.

So I'll be able to add the new lots in Edit Town, and place the new venues on the new lots?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6714 on: December 19, 2012, 09:53:56 AM »
I tried out this suggestion and it works perfectly. I don't have the greenhouse set so I just put big windows all around and it looks close enough to a greenhouse!
Thanks for the idea Rica :)

The reason I brought up the greenhouse was because of the sunflower and composter not just the making yourself a greenhouse.  Sorry if that was a little confusing.   With Seasons, I'm finding it's almost impossible to live without a personal greenhouse.  It's the only way to really get multiple death flowers since you can't revive in an indoor planter.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6715 on: December 19, 2012, 12:32:38 PM »
I do have the new greenhouse lot. I'll be sure to try that. My head almost feels back to normal now, so I'll see how this goes for me. Thanks.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6716 on: December 19, 2012, 10:05:00 PM »
Does anyone have tips for getting motivated to start again? I can't give up Journeyman as founder, and I really can't give up Twinbrook as a town, but it's really hard for me to keep things interesting for myself at this point unless there is a lot of drama involved, and I can't always guarantee that will happen (attempt #5 was pretty calm and drama-free as far as Grave dynasty attempts go, and I'd be bored out of my mind with a similar setup).

Anyways, it's feeling hard to keep things fresh when I'm re-using a founder and a town. Help?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6717 on: December 19, 2012, 10:09:20 PM »
Maybe you should think about changing one or the other.  Go for a completion instead of a HOF run if you need to.   I know what it's like to not want to give up on someone but if you can't make yourself play the game because it's not fun then something has to change because it's about you having fun doing the challenge.    If you wanted, you wouldn't even have to do a story.  You could mini story it every time someone gets immorality in an update thread and just go for gold. 

You could change some things up.  Are you going for the same people every time?  I know you love Twinbrook - maybe try a Townie Deca with TB and then move Journeyman to riverview or something.  I know you're already doing a Life States or I'd say do a Graves Life States.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6718 on: December 19, 2012, 11:30:47 PM »
The reason I brought up the greenhouse was because of the sunflower and composter not just the making yourself a greenhouse.  Sorry if that was a little confusing.   With Seasons, I'm finding it's almost impossible to live without a personal greenhouse.  It's the only way to really get multiple death flowers since you can't revive in an indoor planter.

Revive...? What is this magic you speak of?! How did I not know this was a thing...  ???
Could you elaborate? I thought the only way to get death flowers was to plant lots and lots and lots of special seeds.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6719 on: December 19, 2012, 11:34:12 PM »
When you harvest the death flower and the plant dies, a sim with the Green Thumb trait has a chance to "revive" the plant, returning it to Mature status. Having the Super Green Thumb LTR makes it more likely to work.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

anything