Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230924 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6690 on: December 15, 2012, 06:48:26 PM »
Yes, it was designed to work with the base game.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6691 on: December 15, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »
Are we allowed to use a cure elixir on a supernatural before they join our household, then marry them? I want my sim to marry someone who's currently a faerie.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6692 on: December 15, 2012, 09:40:09 PM »
Are we allowed to use a cure elixir on a supernatural before they join our household, then marry them? I want my sim to marry someone who's currently a faerie.

Wait - rewriting this:

Yes you can.

My first response was no but that's only because I thought this was the Life States thread not the Immortal one. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6693 on: December 16, 2012, 01:58:00 PM »
ok then ... I've stocked my home pond with deathfish and angelfish as I've done before and was fishing with angelfish in the pond. The image of the pond shows both angel and death fish swimming around in the pond. Only, I've been fishing there for hours, and I'm only catching angelfish from it. So I do the inspect water interaction with the pond and it only lists angelfish, no deathfish. Anyone have any idea on what causes this?

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6694 on: December 16, 2012, 08:02:26 PM »
Are you fishing within the hours that Deathfish appear? I believe it is between midnight and 5am. They will not be there at any other times.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6695 on: December 16, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »
Are you fishing within the hours that Deathfish appear? I believe it is between midnight and 5am. They will not be there at any other times.

Deathfish in your own pond will be available 24 hours a day.  It's only in the graveyard that the night hours apply.

ok then ... I've stocked my home pond with deathfish and angelfish as I've done before and was fishing with angelfish in the pond. The image of the pond shows both angel and death fish swimming around in the pond. Only, I've been fishing there for hours, and I'm only catching angelfish from it. So I do the inspect water interaction with the pond and it only lists angelfish, no deathfish. Anyone have any idea on what causes this?

I would try stocking them again.  If your pond has deathfish available, you'll see the cloudy water in the pond.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6696 on: December 16, 2012, 09:11:21 PM »
Deathfish in your own pond will be available 24 hours a day.  It's only in the graveyard that the night hours apply.

I don't think it is specific to the graveyard, as in Monte Vista the deathfish spawner is in the ocean by the lighthouse, not by the graveyard, and the deathfish are only available midnight-5am.
I have never had deathfish in a home lot pond though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6697 on: December 16, 2012, 10:27:21 PM »
In other saved games, I have had them in a pond on a home lot and was able to catch them 24 hours a day from that pond. I have also stocked a pond or two around town previously with deathfish and found that they were only catchable between midnight and 5am from those ponds. This is the first time I've attempted to do it in a saved game post seasons. (Not that I think it has anything to do with Seasons.)

I think that part of the time I was trying to catch them from my pond during this attempt was between the hours of midnight and 5am as well as outside of it.

I'll try restocking again and see what happens then. Thanks Pam and fortheloveofcake.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6698 on: December 16, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
I don't think it is specific to the graveyard, as in Monte Vista the deathfish spawner is in the ocean by the lighthouse, not by the graveyard, and the deathfish are only available midnight-5am.
I have never had deathfish in a home lot pond though.

You're right.  I was thinking specifically of Sunset Valley.  So, not necessarily the graveyard, but wherever their natural spawning place is in the town.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6699 on: December 17, 2012, 12:54:03 AM »
Just a quick Seasons tip:
I built a "greenhouse" (A.K.A. walls) around my garden, and it kept the plants from going dormant. I know that really helped me get life fruit in time!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #6700 on: December 17, 2012, 12:11:46 PM »
If you didn't throw the fish in the same spot, you might have made two spawners, one with deathfish and one with angelfish. (My favorite fishing trick...)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6701 on: December 18, 2012, 06:50:24 AM »
I have two level 10 gardeners. I have plants in my backyard that are described as Growth State: Harvest. The plants in my greenhouse have the same issue. However, neither of my gardeners are able to harvest any of them. I've sent one of them around town, and can harvest things there without troubles.

Gardening is not going to be a unique skill for any immortals, I just need to be able to harvest the life plants that I'm hopeful are some of the plants in my garden.

Any advice?

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6702 on: December 18, 2012, 09:04:35 AM »
Is it fall, or winter? I had some plants go dormant in fall/winter and some get stuck at the harvest stage, though there were no visible fruits on the plants.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6703 on: December 18, 2012, 09:15:57 AM »
It is currently Summer in game, sorry I forgot to mention that earlier.

Also, with regards to the fishing from my home pond ... I inspected the pond again, and that time it recognised death fish and angelfish as being in the pond. Then I loaded it with alley catfish as well and then inspected it again. Initially the pond just said there was angelfish in it, then all three of them, then angelfish and deathfish and then all three of them. I used a level 10 angler to do it, and they were done within seconds of each other. My angler now seems to be catching all three fish from the pond without problem.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6704 on: December 18, 2012, 09:42:46 AM »
Strange... Good to hear you can get them out of the pond though! As for the plants, I've never had that happen in Summer so I'm not sure of why it is happening. Are they in those indoor planter bowls by chance? I find those things usually do not work properly for me.

In other news, I am now on week 3 of my second attempt at my Dynasty, and am happy to report that out of 12 special seeds, I have 2 Money Trees, a Flame Fruit bush, 3 Death Flowers and... 6 Life Fruit Plants!!!
Not like last round where by week 5 still not a single Life Fruit.
Everything is now proceeding on schedule! Yay!

anything