Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230953 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6675 on: December 15, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
the game is on Monday during the day and it is currently spring. Tuesday is the day off for the spring festival. Sandi Sekemoto is on two days off work due to getting married, and is due to work next on Wednesday. There are a couple of weird things that have happened.

* as it is a Monday, the kids are meant to be at school, however the bus didn't turn up, nor did the kids get yelled at for not going to school, the dialogue box says that they don't have school for another day and an hour, which is the start of the spring festival. There was no ingame advice that school wasn't going ahead. Any thoughts? I'm desperate for Majel to have good grades so she can pick her own trait (virtuoso) instead of having one assigned to her.

* all of my outdoor plants were as per normal on the previous days of spring, but now they are all dormant, and it is 9:15am in game time. The ones in my greenhouse room are as per normal. Any advice/thoughts?

* despite the above two things (which kind of suggests to me that some aspect of the game still thinks it is winter), Patrick, my founder has been able to stock his family's fishing pond with deathfish and go fishing there at the same time as the flowers are dormant.

Spring can still have frosts which will also turn plants into the dormant state.  Plants will only stay normal if it's above like 40 degrees F (i have no idea if you're using Celsius).   The frosts of fall are what start the plants going dormant not winter's snows.

It sounds like the kids got a day off for whatever reason - snow day (has it been snowing?), they think that today is Love Day instead of tomorrow, or game glitch.   Majel will be able to get a trait as long as she has a B or better from my understanding. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ormonster

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6676 on: December 15, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »
About to try my umpteenth go at this challenge. My last try just ended when I stupidly forgot my third generations portrait.. Oops. My next try is going to be in Monte Vista. I just wanted to make sure I have everything nailed down.

To clarify, It is all right to change empty residential lots to commercial for the purpose of putting in EA made lots? I did this in order to add showtime performance places for my future singer (performance Park, Mick's Master Karoke, Port-a-Party Warehouse) I also added an Equestrian Center, Training Grounds, Al Fresco Street Market, elixir and consignment store. I also created a brand new lot for a copy of the Nectary and big show venue.

I have not put my sim in the game yet at this point.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6677 on: December 15, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »
About to try my umpteenth go at this challenge. My last try just ended when I stupidly forgot my third generations portrait.. Oops. My next try is going to be in Monte Vista. I just wanted to make sure I have everything nailed down.

To clarify, It is all right to change empty residential lots to commercial for the purpose of putting in EA made lots? I did this in order to add showtime performance places for my future singer (performance Park, Mick's Master Karoke, Port-a-Party Warehouse) I also added an Equestrian Center, Training Grounds, Al Fresco Street Market, elixir and consignment store. I also created a brand new lot for a copy of the Nectary and big show venue.

I have not put my sim in the game yet at this point.

Yes that's fine.  As long as they were actually empty which means they were a diamond.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ormonster

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6678 on: December 15, 2012, 11:46:32 AM »

Yes that's fine.  As long as they were actually empty which means they were a diamond.

Yes, they were diamond properties. Here we go again. Hopefully third times a charm for my current dynasty made sim Gardner Mann (Not original I know.. So props to Metro who I took the last name from)  :)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6679 on: December 15, 2012, 12:56:39 PM »
Spring can still have frosts which will also turn plants into the dormant state.  Plants will only stay normal if it's above like 40 degrees F (i have no idea if you're using Celsius).   The frosts of fall are what start the plants going dormant not winter's snows.
It is currently 7 degrees C which = 44 degrees F, according to the in-game temp converter.

It sounds like the kids got a day off for whatever reason - snow day (has it been snowing?), they think that today is Love Day instead of tomorrow, or game glitch.   Majel will be able to get a trait as long as she has a B or better from my understanding.
No, there has been no precipitation in the current game day, either rain or snow. The first day of spring, half the ground was covered snow, but by the 2nd day, the snow was gone

Glad to hear that about Majel ... she has an A and she has two days left of childhood. So, she'll be right to age up on Wednesday ... early morning cake if she still has a B or A, day of school if she doesn't :)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #6680 on: December 15, 2012, 01:07:43 PM »
I'm seriously doubting that a B is enough to choose a trait, because I didn't get to choose any traits for Willow in spite of her being a B-student throughout her childhood and teen years.

Just letting everyone know that.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6681 on: December 15, 2012, 01:21:17 PM »
I've been able to choose with a B before - I could always test it over the next couple of hours to be absolutely certain.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6682 on: December 15, 2012, 01:52:17 PM »
I think I'll send her to school on the Wednesday regardless of mark. Her new bestie, Gene Sekemoto will be having his first day of school, and she doesn't want him to get scared or become close to some other girl ... she is very protective of her friends. :)

There was a graduation within the household on the Monday ... would that mean the kids in the household have the day off school?

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #6683 on: December 15, 2012, 02:58:55 PM »
I didn't want to say anything about having a B in school in case my memory was faulty, but now that Trip has mentioned it, in my experience (including but not limited to the dynasty slaves adopted children in my on-hiatus immortal dynasty) kids and teens must have As to choose the trait - honor roll not required. The better the grade, the better the trait, so you won't end up with something like mean spirited if they have Bs, but they might end up with a "good" trait you might not want them to have like handy or genius. It may be possible to choose traits with a high B, but I think one is only guaranteed to do so with an A.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #6684 on: December 15, 2012, 03:43:06 PM »
There was a graduation within the household on the Monday ... would that mean the kids in the household have the day off school?

Yes. Everyone gets the day off for graduations.

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6685 on: December 15, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »
The "familyfunds" cheat that you have to use at the beginning isn't working for me. Can I buy something and put it in the inventory to bring the starting amount down to $1800? (I've tried it with brackets, without brackets, with dollar sign & without; yes, I did testingcheatsenabled true first)
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6686 on: December 15, 2012, 04:42:22 PM »
Have you tried typing help to make sure it's an option? 

familyFunds Cottoneye 1800

should be all you need.   Dollar signs don't work for Sims because nothing they do uses dollar signs. 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6687 on: December 15, 2012, 05:29:25 PM »
(blush) Thanks, I figured it out when I went back to my game.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6688 on: December 15, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »
No need to be embarassed.  Glad you got it working and good luck!  I can't wait to see where you go with it!

Lunar Bliss

« Reply #6689 on: December 15, 2012, 06:45:36 PM »
This works for the regular, boring old Sims 3, right? I don't need Generations or World Ambitions or Late Night or anything like that?