Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230902 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6660 on: December 13, 2012, 07:19:53 AM »
GAGH my museum sculptures have all reverted back to disks. Is there any way to get them back to normal?

Do they still have a value?

I saved the game, exited and returned. They all returned to their beautiful statuesque shapes, and they currently have a value. So apparently saving and returning gets them back to normal.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6661 on: December 13, 2012, 07:26:03 AM »
That and clearing caches will.  Artie's sculptures were discs for 3 sim weeks before they returned.  Glad they came back for you.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6662 on: December 13, 2012, 07:31:37 AM »
I have just purchased the 'Stones Throw Greenhouse'. Am I able to put down an empty lot and put it on that? I used up all the pre-existing empty lots in Sunset Valley when starting the Enterprises.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6663 on: December 13, 2012, 08:11:28 AM »
I have just purchased the 'Stones Throw Greenhouse'. Am I able to put down an empty lot and put it on that? I used up all the pre-existing empty lots in Sunset Valley when starting the Enterprises.

Yes you can.   Enjoy it - just remember it's not winterized last I heard.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6664 on: December 13, 2012, 01:52:57 PM »
Yes you can.   Enjoy it - just remember it's not winterized last I heard.

What does that mean exactly?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6665 on: December 13, 2012, 01:56:53 PM »
What does that mean exactly?

Until they come out with a new version, the way that the new greenhouse is made doesn't keep out the rain or snow and everything still goes dormant.  The roof pieces aren't actually roof but roof decorations. 

In this picture, I actually have a flat roof under the decorations just to keep the weather out and allow it to act like a greenhouse.

This is inside the greenhouse during winter in Hidden Springs.

Offline Swanwhite

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6666 on: December 13, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »
I have a question about the household rule "All children that result from abduction pregnancies must be returned to their homeworld and cannot become a part of the household"

If it is the founders partner and not the founder themselves that gets pregnant, do you still have to return the alien nooboo to their homeworld?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6667 on: December 13, 2012, 09:41:25 PM »
ALL children means ALL children.  No matter who is the one who gets pregnant.  If you want an alien in your household, make friends and invite one in.

Offline Swanwhite

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6668 on: December 14, 2012, 02:08:38 AM »
Thank you for your quick reply Riccalynn, I thought that would be the case.

I have one more (for now) question I would like to ask, I apologize if this is also an obvious one but if I don't ask I will have a nagging suspicion I MAY have done something silly and ruined my dynasty.

The rules state to use homegrown life fruit for your amberosia... If I buy a life fruit at the Al Fresco market and plant it at home to grow a life fruit plant... Is it considered to be homegrown?

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6669 on: December 14, 2012, 02:14:56 AM »
The rules state to use homegrown life fruit for your amberosia... If I buy a life fruit at the Al Fresco market and plant it at home to grow a life fruit plant... Is it considered to be homegrown?

I think what that rule means that one can't go to a community garden, get the life fruit from any life trees there and stick the life fruit picked into ambrosia. (I think basically it was future proofing the rule regarding the ambrosia ingredients used having to be stuff you worked to get, rather than simply buying it.) You'd have to grow, water, weed, talk to, fertalize and so on the tree yourself. I don't THINK it matters if you find a seed, pick a life fruit from a community garden or buy a life fruit ... as long as you then use that to grow your own.

I could be wrong on that, and if I am, disregard what I say :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6670 on: December 14, 2012, 06:37:51 AM »

Deklitch is correct. It does not matter if what you plant in your garden is a life fruit you bought or a seed you found, the important thing is that Ambrosia is made with Life Fruit from your garden and not obtained elsewhere. So that Life Fruit you bought at the Al Fresco market could not be used for the Ambrosia recipe.

Offline Swanwhite

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6671 on: December 14, 2012, 10:17:59 AM »
phew! Thank you for clarifying Deklitch and Metropolis Man.

I'm so used to scanning the graveyard every night and crossing my fingers that the special seed I finally squinted out is in fact a life fruit. It almost feels naughty being able to buy a life fruit at the new market and just have my sim plant that  :P

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6672 on: December 14, 2012, 02:39:07 PM »
I'm so used to scanning the graveyard every night and crossing my fingers that the special seed I finally squinted out is in fact a life fruit. It almost feels naughty being able to buy a life fruit at the new market and just have my sim plant that  :P

My Life Fruit supply originated from the Coastal household in BB. ;D I replanted it into my garden and harvested it. Now I have about 300 Life Fruit, possibly closer to 400.

Offline Pluto_Proserpina

• Nooboo
« Reply #6673 on: December 14, 2012, 04:27:59 PM »
Thanks Lady and Rica for the clarifications.  Hi everyone! :-)   

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6674 on: December 15, 2012, 06:57:11 AM »
the game is on Monday during the day and it is currently spring. Tuesday is the day off for the spring festival. Sandi Sekemoto is on two days off work due to getting married, and is due to work next on Wednesday. There are a couple of weird things that have happened.

* as it is a Monday, the kids are meant to be at school, however the bus didn't turn up, nor did the kids get yelled at for not going to school, the dialogue box says that they don't have school for another day and an hour, which is the start of the spring festival. There was no ingame advice that school wasn't going ahead. Any thoughts? I'm desperate for Majel to have good grades so she can pick her own trait (virtuoso) instead of having one assigned to her.

* all of my outdoor plants were as per normal on the previous days of spring, but now they are all dormant, and it is 9:15am in game time. The ones in my greenhouse room are as per normal. Any advice/thoughts?

* despite the above two things (which kind of suggests to me that some aspect of the game still thinks it is winter), Patrick, my founder has been able to stock his family's fishing pond with deathfish and go fishing there at the same time as the flowers are dormant.