Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3230593 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #6645 on: December 12, 2012, 05:58:41 PM »
Just the town, not the venue. I have checked the consignment store nearly every day as well in the hopes of coming across a life fruit that I could then plant and harvest. Just planted 3 more special seeds in planters. I will probably buy that venue on my next payday. It looks really nice and the new vegetables are always good.

You don't have to.  I was just thinking it would be easier.   If you're getting special seeds, just go pick them up every day if you can.   If you own the greenhouse, than the swiftgro system causes spawners too. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6646 on: December 12, 2012, 06:11:40 PM »
I decided to start over. The indoor planters don't seem to work properly in the winter. I'm going to set it up to have the winter last only a few days and the summer last the longest.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6647 on: December 12, 2012, 06:19:14 PM »
I decided to start over. The indoor planters don't seem to work properly in the winter. I'm going to set it up to have the winter last only a few days and the summer last the longest.

Everyone keeps saying that about the planters but my Life States Dynasty has plants inside their house that got planted in winter and are doing great!  They look like outside ones but they still can be weeded, watered and everything!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6648 on: December 12, 2012, 06:34:38 PM »
I'm hoping its a file-to-file glitch maybe? The ones I planted during winter were dormant right from the start, the ones that had been planted in summer/fall did not say that they were dormant, but also did not grow either. They stayed unchanged for like 11 or 12 days. I'm sure this round will go smoother, I know more about the town now. Nothing like a dynasty attempt in a town you've never played in!  ::)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #6649 on: December 12, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »
In Sunset Valley, I have been able to harvest/weed/plant/tend the plants planted in planters inside the house throughout winter and autumn. The plants in the garden outside didn't allow me to harvest/weed/plant/tend them during autumn and winter (and now for the first day or so of spring), I'm hoping that'll change once the snow melts. I have 3 special seeds in hand ... and will send out the slaves dynasty helpers to collect more. I have 6 days of spring and 7 days of summer ahead of me. If I can stock my home pond with more fishies during these seasons I'll be happy.

But getting back to my gardening ... all the plants outside, regardless of what season I planted them went dormant during autumn/winter. The inside plants didn't go dormant during autumn/winter. I only put new plants from Supernatural into the indoor planters.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6650 on: December 12, 2012, 10:00:18 PM »
In my life states dynasties, I have actually resorted to a sheltered greenhouse for my entire gardens.  I use regular walls and roof with no flooring and just pop on moveObjects on when it's time to plant.  The plants have had no issues no matter when I plant them.  And right now most of my planting is going on in winter.  I have actually bypassed the planters at this point so that I can arrange as I want not as they fit.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6651 on: December 12, 2012, 10:18:58 PM »
Thats a really good workaround. The shortened winter in this attempt shouldn't cause too many issues, I'm hoping.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6652 on: December 12, 2012, 11:16:22 PM »
Has anyone been able to get a sim to Emperor of Evil without maxing logic? I'm curious because I might end up having a separate logic supermax and token evil immortal, though if it's too much hassle, I'll just have to stick to my old plans.

I personally have not done it, but it should not be too difficult. It simply means if your Logic metric is not totally green than the performance meter will feed more slowly -- i.e. a longer time to get promoted.

It would work better if the sim had the workaholic trait so they're able to work from home.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6653 on: December 13, 2012, 12:16:49 AM »
In my life states dynasties, I have actually resorted to a sheltered greenhouse for my entire gardens.  I use regular walls and roof with no flooring and just pop on moveObjects on when it's time to plant.  The plants have had no issues no matter when I plant them.  And right now most of my planting is going on in winter.  I have actually bypassed the planters at this point so that I can arrange as I want not as they fit.

So we can use moveobjects for this purpose than in immortal dynasties as well?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6654 on: December 13, 2012, 12:47:49 AM »
So we can use moveobjects for this purpose than in immortal dynasties as well?

Build cheats such as moveobjects and placeFriezes are fine whenever needed. The same goes for Movie/Picture taking cheats such as hideHeadlineEffects.

Yes. ;)

Offline Pluto_Proserpina

• Nooboo
« Reply #6655 on: December 13, 2012, 01:21:33 AM »
I installed Seasons, then I started this dynasty challenge, but every time I tried to build the game crashed when I tried to save.  Living outdoors isn't an option with the weather.  I tried Sunset Valley and Riverview, then I got fed up and, once there was enough money, moved into Darrow Meadows, which had the best inside space of the then-vacant and large lots.  I consider this a downgrade in a way, because I don't get the Beautiful Vista moodlet.  I know moving is against the rules, but I'm not going to post it on a score board; I just want to challenge myself, and I would have built if the game hadn't kept crashing whenever I tried.
Is this inability to build permanent, or is there a way to fix it?  I had some architectural plans, and I think building is an important part of the game.

Are non-spouses allowed to move into the dynasty house?  My founder Ruby really had the hots for Stiles McGraw, and, as he on his own didn't bring much money to the family funds, Ruby had all his housemates join her household. 
After being completely unable to build in Sunsey Valley, I restarted Ruby from scratch in Riverview, and she married Sherman Bagley and his mum and sister moved in too.  Possibly Sherman on his own would have added enough money, as he had a Margaret Vaugester in his inventory. 

Is the LTR Inheritance allowed?

Seasons has really added more difficulty to this challenge, as the plants don't grow in the bad weather, and festivals mean days off work rather than climbing the career ladder.  This is the first game I've played since installing Seasons, so I wanted to experience the seasons, as well as being eager to try this challenge.  I think I shall have to alter the length of the seasons.

How does one get the indoor plant pots?  Is this from the Sims Store Greenhouse, or some expansion pack I don't have, or do they come with Seasons?

I have a Mac, the expansions WA, Amb, Gen, Pets, Seasons, the stuff packs HELS, FL, OLS, TLS.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #6656 on: December 13, 2012, 01:33:28 AM »
I installed Seasons, then I started this dynasty challenge, but every time I tried to build the game crashed when I tried to save.  Living outdoors isn't an option with the weather.  I tried Sunset Valley and Riverview, then I got fed up and, once there was enough money, moved into Darrow Meadows, which had the best inside space of the then-vacant and large lots.  I consider this a downgrade in a way, because I don't get the Beautiful Vista moodlet.  I know moving is against the rules, but I'm not going to post it on a score board; I just want to challenge myself, and I would have built if the game hadn't kept crashing whenever I tried.
Is this inability to build permanent, or is there a way to fix it?  I had some architectural plans, and I think building is an important part of the game.

Are non-spouses allowed to move into the dynasty house?  My founder Ruby really had the hots for Stiles McGraw, and, as he on his own didn't bring much money to the family funds, Ruby had all his housemates join her household. 
After being completely unable to build in Sunsey Valley, I restarted Ruby from scratch in Riverview, and she married Sherman Bagley and his mum and sister moved in too.  Possibly Sherman on his own would have added enough money, as he had a Margaret Vaugester in his inventory. 

Seasons has really added more difficulty to this challenge, as the plants don't grow in the bad weather, and festivals mean days off work rather than climbing the career ladder.  This is the first game I've played since installing Seasons, so I wanted to experience the seasons, as well as being eager to try this challenge.  I think I shall have to alter the length of the seasons.

How does one get the indoor plant pots?  Is this from the Sims Store Greenhouse, or some expansion pack I don't have, or do they come with Seasons?

I have a Mac, the expansions WA, Amb, Gen, Pets, Seasons, the stuff packs HELS, FL, OLS, TLS.

Yes, non-spouses are allowed to move into the dynasty house as helpers, they just can't leave again unless they die.
The only LTR that is not allowed is the mid-life crisis reward for the immortals-to-be.
The indoor plant pots came with Supernatural, although many - including myself - believe there should have been at least one type with Seasons.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6657 on: December 13, 2012, 07:06:34 AM »

Has anyone been able to get a sim to Emperor of Evil without maxing logic? I'm curious because I might end up having a separate logic supermax and token evil immortal, though if it's too much hassle, I'll just have to stick to my old plans.

I personally have not done it, but it should not be too difficult. It simply means if your Logic metric is not totally green than the performance meter will feed more slowly -- i.e. a longer time to get promoted.

It would work better if the sim had the workaholic trait so they're able to work from home.

I have actually never had a sim need the workaholic trait.  You just can't expect a promotion every day.   Especially in the criminal career where you could go to jail.  Like I said - Artie did it twice before the third attempt where I made him my Logic Sim.  It takes  a little longer - two things that will help:  Vacationer & Multi-Tasker LTRs.  All of my rabbit hole Sims get the second one but Vacationer I almost always reserve for the criminals.  It helps for the nights when you get caught.

Welcome to the forum!  Your inability to build should not be permanent.  There are others on the forums that are experiencing similar issues.  My advice would be to clear out all caches and thumbnails and then try it in a file that's not your immortal dynasty to see how it works.  Don't forget to possibly change some of your settings.  As a Mac user, I never use reflections because it causes too many issues so if you have those on - try to them off.

NonSpouses are allowed all you want.   I had a whole slew of people join my household before I picked a spouse. 

As Aya said, the inheritance LTR is allowed.  But Aya you were wrong about the only one not allowed.   The LTRs not allowed in this challenge are Mid Life Crises for immortals, Young Again Potion, Age Freeze Potion, and Animal expert.

The planters came from the store and Supernatural but to tell you the truth - I don't even bother.   I just turn on MoveObjects on and it allows me to move plants indoors.  You can do this with a room setup on the corner of your lot with lots of windows if you wanted.  That's what I did.  It becomes like hothouse and it works very well without the stress of planters only allowing certain plants and how much room they take up.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #6658 on: December 13, 2012, 07:12:20 AM »
GAGH my museum sculptures have all reverted back to disks. Is there any way to get them back to normal?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6659 on: December 13, 2012, 07:15:05 AM »
GAGH my museum sculptures have all reverted back to disks. Is there any way to get them back to normal?

Do they still have a value?

anything